RIP Dodge Caliber

630land

• 3 weeks later...

Had a co-worker years back trade in his VW Passat (not sure the year) for a Caliber. He was tired of the constant problems. After having the Caliber for a few years, you never heard a bad word about his Passat again, nor a good word about his Caliber.

Edited by V8-X

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC, the Pacer had a passenger door longer than the drivers door to ease ingress/egress to the back seat.

Knew a family growing up who had a Pacer and a Gremlin. (as their only cars!) Both were the same color (burgundy or maybe a reddish-brown color; I can't remember exactly which).

Incredibly enough, the man who designed the Porsche - Anatole Lapine - admitted that he cribbed the Pacer's rear window and hatch treatment for the 928.

I did not know that! But I noticed the resemblance years ago. It's maybe even more striking from a straight rear view than it is in these profile shots. And one year of the Porsche had wrap-around tail lights that were even closer to the Pacer. Thanks!

Edited by retro-man

IIRC, the Pacer had a passenger door longer than the drivers door to ease ingress/egress to the back seat.

Knew a family growing up who had a Pacer and a Gremlin. (as their only cars!) Both were the same color (burgundy or maybe a reddish-brown color; I can't remember exactly which).

You're correct. The longer passenger door was the forerunner of the rear hinged rear doors on the Saturn and Mini Clubman.

• 2 weeks later...