Paid Holidays

4Real?

I am amazed at how rare our paid holidays are compared to the rest of America. All I have heard from friends and relatives who don't work at Ford is how little paid time off they get. Most don't get very much paid vacation. Wow, thanks again UAW for another great aspect of our contract.

• Like 4

I am amazed at how rare our paid holidays are compared to the rest of America. All I have heard from friends and relatives who don't work at Ford is how little paid time off they get. Most don't get very much paid vacation. Wow, thanks again UAW for another great aspect of our contract.

"Be thankful that you still have vacation with the way the previous, and current regime negotiates" I'm sorry did I read your post correctly? :hysterical:

Edited by Furious1Auto

First of all I am thankful for the UAW saving AAI

Second this Christmas was not good at the In-Laws house. The In-laws (staunch Republicans) blamed my $28 per hour, great benefits and all of my negotiated days off as the demise of the D3. Obviously I had to defend our great wages, benefits and pension with facts of labor rates and sacrifices we made to gain product and investment at AAI and job security gained for all UAW-Ford.

Even in my own family there are haters of our well negotiated contract.

Jealousy or just a Republican ploy to kill the middle class???

• Like 4

Second this Christmas was not good at the In-Laws house. The In-laws (staunch Republicans) blamed my $28 per hour, great benefits and all of my negotiated days off as the demise of the D3. Obviously I had to defend our great wages, benefits and pension with facts of labor rates and sacrifices we made to gain product and investment at AAI and job security gained for all UAW-Ford.

people hate the UAW because they didn't get job they went to school for. its our fault we pay the UAW to get us a good contract, screw the haters. try standing 10hrs. building 640 trucks a day. 4 on 3 off, it takes that long to get my body back to nomal.

• Like 1

All I have heard from friends and relatives who work at Ford is how little paid they get.,compare to the worker doing the same job on days and day workers twice the paid and a better pension plan then us,we get get 401 k and Ford will match upto 6 percent of amount of money ,you donate to their pension ,different and bad health care and takes longer to get max beneifits. Most don't get very much paid vacation. Wow, thanks again IUAW for another great aspect of keeping us younger workers .,bad moral and bad attitude,because they want the same paid for equal work. as the next worker,Yes I am happy got a job but ,I know I will lose my job as soon as the police and the police order are gone and I will be long off again ,right after the president election is done

• Like 1

I like to thanks iuaw for closing twin city Dec 19 ,what plant is next ,if we don't follow orders ,we need to able to vote in the iuaw president in by all union local workers and some IUAW of not just IUAW members only and rest of officers like we at each and every local ,every 4 years.Very bitten Ford employee ,since these last too contracts,God is my witness <I hope you turn to God and ask for forgiveness for selling out us and worship money over the right think to do ,when you die you will be judge how you treated poor UAW worker ,who allowing you to have more so you can collect more union dues.AMEN.See you all in hell IUAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

14 holidays (if I counted correctly; no Easter Monday, but Voting Day this year)

I have never heard of ANY other industry that has that many holidays !

I have never heard of ANY other industry that does not paid their workers the same paid for same job ,no pensions and shitting health care.

• Like 1

14 holidays (if I counted correctly; no Easter Monday, but Voting Day this year)

I have never heard of ANY other industry that has that many holidays !

Um, Teachers have more paid holidays all over the country, (do you get MLK day as a paid holiday?) and the shipping industry not only has more holidays, but entry level employees make the same as master waged auto workers. (Do you get Flag day, or Mariner's day as a paid holiday?) Hell the people that haul vehicles, (Cassens, Allied systems, Jack Cooper, Hadley) all have the same, only their pension plan is better, and they get paid more. They get $3000 a month, and it goes up $100 per month for every year past 30 maxing out at $3,500 monthly for 35 years of service. Consolidated freight truck divers have better also. Lets not forget government workers, many of which have no legal rite to strike, such as policeman. :shades:

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 1

Heck I work 4 days and am off 4 days plus all vacation, personal time, family days and holidays.

I only have to work 152 days out of 365------------------

Thanks to the AWS schedule, my vacation allotment, 5 days personal and all holidays in the new agreement I can spend 20% more days a year with my family than working.

Most manufacturing facilities cant even come close to the time off I get and make $70,000 to boot.

Sorry, cant discredit this 2011 agreement, no complaints here------------ Again thanks for this week off that most, if not all manufacturing continues to work normal operations.

• Like 2

Heck I work 4 days and am off 4 days plus all vacation, personal time, family days and holidays.

I only have to work 152 days out of 365------------------

Thanks to the AWS schedule, my vacation allotment, 5 days personal and all holidays in the new agreement I can spend 20% more days a year with my family than working.

Most manufacturing facilities cant even come close to the time off I get and make $70,000 to boot.

Sorry, cant discredit this 2011 agreement, no complaints here------------ Again thanks for this week off that most, if not all manufacturing continues to work normal operations.

Hmm, how bout knowing that without COLA that your 70K a year will in time allow a lower standard of living with no pay raises to offset inflation, and knowing 70K will provide you with less and less as the years pass. Maybe it will be so gradual you won't even notice it? Or maybe you will see it every time you shop for groceries, you begin noticing your cart has less in it for the same budget. Then it's time to replace your vehicle, and sitting with the salesman, you realize you can no longer afford the products you build. Also being a tradesman and due to the consolidation of trades you attempt to do a repair and need an extra pair of hands for the task, so you reach for your two way to call for assistance, then realize that there is no one else to call, and that this job has to be completed by you alone. Yep, it is an amazing agreement. I don't really care cause I still get annual pay increases, while the UAW isn't capable of negotiating a raise when the company is profitable. Ignorance is bliss, so smile, you earned it!

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 1

people hate the UAW because they didn't get job they went to school for. its our fault we pay the UAW to get us a good contract, screw the haters. try standing 10hrs. building 640 trucks a day. 4 on 3 off, it takes that long to get my body back to nomal.

you unload seats, try the line!!!

• Like 1

You know what I would do??? I would sit down and ask them, especially if they were out of work......if Ford called you tomorrow, asked if you wanted to come in for an interview, pay you a good wage, plus benefits, and holidays, would you say no??? Tell them hey, if we were given one application to give to a friend or family member, what would they do if the application was presented to them?? Ask them if they would turn it down? None of them, even with a good job would turn it down. This is the problems people. They can't stand it because it is so good. Everyone hate what they can't have. Everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side. Wouldn't it be nice to walk them in the building and let them try it for 10 hours?? the over 40's would die out there!!

That depends on if you work for a corporation or a mom & pop company. My prior employment in manufacturing I had the same days off minus election day that Ford people received.

Ford is a very good company to work for benefit wise but they are not alone.

• Like 1

Tell those stinking right wingers to stop bing so jealous. Its just proves the point I been trying to make all these years. Right wingers vote against what benefits them. They Hate the fact that you have a good job putting food on the tables for their grandkids (if any) and supporting their daughter or son. Ask them if they would rather you be out of work and not able to provide for their child. Using the big 3 is just an excuse by the right wingers. The big 3 will be here long after their gone. So this demise their talking about is all made up,. Just like the rest of the lies coming from the right wingers. I hate to say it but im sure you already know, but your inlaws are sadly misinformed. Tell them to open thier eyes and lay off of Faux News. Maybe its not too late for them to be set on the right track.

• Like 8

Tell those stinking right wingers to stop bing so jealous. Its just proves the point I been trying to make all these years. Right wingers vote against what benefits them. They Hate the fact that you have a good job putting food on the tables for their grandkids (if any) and supporting their daughter or son. Ask them if they would rather you be out of work and not able to provide for their child. Using the big 3 is just an excuse by the right wingers. The big 3 will be here long after their gone. So this demise their talking about is all made up,. Just like the rest of the lies coming from the right wingers. I hate to say it but im sure you already know, but your inlaws are sadly misinformed. Tell them to open thier eyes and lay off of Faux News. Maybe its not too late for them to be set on the right track.

Don't matter what you tell people Die, they make up their own minds right or wrong. I use to hate people knowing my weakness, and using it cause they don't like my opinion.. "I won't buy what you build". Well I deliver raw commodities now. Don't want to support my income, "well don't pay your electric bill". I supply the shit that turns your lights on, and come this winter I will be hauling what you put in your gas tank!!!! LOL

Edited by Furious1Auto
  • Like 1

Tradespeople at DTP may be forced to work any company paid holiday that happens to fall within their work schedule.They are paid 250% times 12 hours {12 paid 11.5 is a regular shift} so they cannot convert hours.This has happened to me several times,so where is my holiday?I have to use a vacation day to take a holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

Republican ploy to kill the Middle Class. Any more dumb questions?

• Like 7

I agree the UAW does a lot of good and a lot of good for those who don't pay union dues. I don't and I benefit greatly. I am glad the UAW negotiated to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. by having this Monday designated as a Holiday and I am also glad for all the other Holidays the UAW has negotiated.

Those who complain and bicker about the UAW have no clue what it's like in the real world. Go to another Company, where you may get one or two paid holidays a year. That is reality.

• Like 8