Obama @ DC Auto Show - He Really Liked 1 Car

I mean he owned a 300C and if Alan M owned a Lexus, meh. If your President said that, bravo! It's better then my Prime Minister playing piano and singing 'Imagine' with his kids. Yuck! At least your leader can sing.

Edited by Hugh

Well, it wasn't a ZL1 Camaro with a gas guzzler tax, was it?

You CAN be responsible and have a wickedly fun time LOL.CAFE isn't all bad.

From the look on his face...he gets it.:shift:, and as a former Hemi owner he obviously like power, not necessarily subtle in this case.

Edited by timmm55

Bloomberg Article

Apparently Obama's trip to the car show to look at Ford, GM & Chrysler's vehicles offended some of the other car makers. Oh well... hyper.gif

It sounds more like they felt annoyed that they were asked to prepare especially to present to the President, but ignored. I would have been annoyed too.

Talking to the transplants is one of those things that would have been perfectly reasonable, but would have generated a flurry of stupid "Obama hates America"-type articles.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

This is all just political gesturing anyway. What was the guy supposed to say? This car is a piece of crap? It makes him look like he believes in America if he acts like he likes "our" vehicles ...

I don't like Obama for many reasons, but I wouldn't expect the guy to rip on Fords just because GM and Chrysler were bailed out ... Ford is a crucial part of America's withering manufacturing sector and, last time I checked, unemployment is still pretty high.

Edited by SVT_MAN