MAP Crew Changes

Michigander

You would think the company would want to keep everything running smoothly here at the plant instead, constantly changing things and, pissing everybody off. We have a good product lineup and, I think the plant has a good run ahead of itself so, why mess with everything every 6 months? Somebody reading this must have enough sense to see that this constant upheaval is not good for product or, moral of the workers. Please try and, get your shit together before it ruins everything again.

A VERY concerned employee! finger.gif

You would think the company would want to keep everything running smoothly here at the plant instead, constantly changing things and, pissing everybody off. We have a good product lineup and, I think the plant has a good run ahead of itself so, why mess with everything every 6 months? Somebody reading this must have enough sense to see that this constant upheaval is not good for product or, moral of the workers. Please try and, get your shit together before it ruins everything again.

Y ou shoul see the B.S. That is going on over at I.S.A.

Lets do the math. We can make about 20,000 units per month at MAP and we sell about 14,500 units per month. C-Max is already known be be a low volume vehicle due to power train restrictions. Battery Electrics won't sell and they know it. Why on earth would they even entertain the thought of going on a 3-crew operation and continue churning this workforce??? H-E-L-L-O-O-O-O ???

• Like 1

C-crew to start May 7. Back to 5 8's in March for training. Just when we are getting used to 10 hrs again, damn!

I have no way of knowing how bad it is anywhere else..... BUT, dam if things at CAP have hit a new level of stupid!!!!

Monday, yep 5 days from now, we hear that Body and Paint will start 3 shifts? Not 3 crews? Starting times? Then its said Trim and Chassis will run 2 ten hour shifts? There are two or three people standing by every operation "training"? Management members trying to figure out how to run a zone that they are not sure of where it starts and where it ends. The Trades, those poor souls... cross overs, roller flights, conveyors, 17 break downs in one department, on one shift.

All this when we can`t find room to park all the repairs? reworks? no stocks?

Group`s of management getting together right out on the floor to have meetings??? Well, when people stop to watch the side show with all the yelling and screaming..... one of the management team will usually state, "its just a meeting".

Is it possible that maybe, just maybe no one is real sure where this process is headed. How much more can they squeeze out of these four wall`s, that were built back close to 100 years ago. Machinery, that has been here since the first Taurus. Booths to short, ovens out dated years ago and man power that is so short of experience that no one is sure just what an operation consists of. Operations that change or get added to by the hour. Cycle time??? who knows?

I, like so many others have witnessed failure in the past, based on bad decisions, poor planing and implementation that lacked common sense from the beginning. I can only hope one of the many CEO`s, Presidents or CFO`s knows what is really going on in Ford`s money makers. CAP... MAP... KCAP... LAP... etc.

We`ve been on this ride for about two years now.... have they headed this roller coaster for the bottom?

Decker

1 of the 1788

The Ford Focus does nothing but win awards and accolades,there must be something that can be done.I would at least show up at the union hall and let the incumbents know that they will Not be voted back in.Im pulling for ya Local 900-----Say NO to all the nickle and dimeing givebacks!

Edited by Fatso

I have no way of knowing how bad it is anywhere else..... BUT, dam if things at CAP have hit a new level of stupid!!!!

Monday, yep 5 days from now, we hear that Body and Paint will start 3 shifts? Not 3 crews? Starting times? Then its said Trim and Chassis will run 2 ten hour shifts? There are two or three people standing by every operation "training"? Management members trying to figure out how to run a zone that they are not sure of where it starts and where it ends. The Trades, those poor souls... cross overs, roller flights, conveyors, 17 break downs in one department, on one shift.

All this when we can`t find room to park all the repairs? reworks? no stocks?

Group`s of management getting together right out on the floor to have meetings??? Well, when people stop to watch the side show with all the yelling and screaming..... one of the management team will usually state, "its just a meeting".

Is it possible that maybe, just maybe no one is real sure where this process is headed. How much more can they squeeze out of these four wall`s, that were built back close to 100 years ago. Machinery, that has been here since the first Taurus. Booths to short, ovens out dated years ago and man power that is so short of experience that no one is sure just what an operation consists of. Operations that change or get added to by the hour. Cycle time??? who knows?

I, like so many others have witnessed failure in the past, based on bad decisions, poor planing and implementation that lacked common sense from the beginning. I can only hope one of the many CEO`s, Presidents or CFO`s knows what is really going on in Ford`s money makers. CAP... MAP... KCAP... LAP... etc.

We`ve been on this ride for about two years now.... have they headed this roller coaster for the bottom?

Decker

1 of the 1788

I retired from KCAP 2 1/2 years ago, sounds like nothing's changed LOL.

Union????? Fight????? Those words in same

sentence don't go together!

What happened to putting all North American plants on 5/8's? I'd love that. After 5 years on 4/10's I'm over it. Plus if they need OT only 2 out of the 3 have a chance to get it. So it makes more sense to me. I know it's just wishful thinking.

• Like 1

Wow are we touchy...I guess I hurt you and your boyfriends feelings.

Don't worry, you didn't hurt my feelings. I still think you're a mindless dickhead!!! Aparently, you're the genius of Ford motor co! Move over Mullaly, something meatier is on your plate!

Edited by el norte

Don't worry, you didn't hurt my feelings. I still think you're a mindless dickhead!!! Aparently, you're the genius of Ford motor co! Move over Mullaly, something meatier is on your plate!

So your not denying hes your boyfriend? Well then let me be the first to welcome you out of the closet!