MyFord Touch is Still Not Right for 2013

:rolleyes:

Has anyone ever edited one of your posts here?

It's not a question of editing. I brought up valid concerns and one of the "regular" posters brings up the "drama queen" award.

We are no longer talking about the issue. This is the way most things are handled here.

It's not a question of editing. I brought up valid concerns and one of the "regular" posters brings up the "drama queen" award.

We are no longer talking about the issue. This is the way most things are handled here.

Users have been passing out "awards" such as those long before Richard and I were ever moderators. It's not some sort of magical power we were granted when we signed on to do it. We moderate very lightly and will continue to do so.

If you are like my last Ford sales person, as soon as a customer comes in with complaints after getting their vehicle, you direct them to service - after all, not your problem is it.

Then you dont know me from a bar of ivory. You would be best not to jump to conclusions, such as how difficult removing a fuse is....sorry if a potential 10 minutes of your precious time is beneath you...cudos to Transit man...I hope it resolves his issues AND that hes manning up himself. Im NOT a fan of the system, quirky for sure, but in comparison to those that encountered I-drive and the like, its a blessing...flawless...NO, quirky...YES...

Then you dont know me from a bar of ivory. You would be best not to jump to conclusions, such as how difficult removing a fuse is....sorry if a potential 10 minutes of your precious time is beneath you...cudos to Transit man...I hope it resolves his issues AND that hes manning up himself. Im NOT a fan of the system, quirky for sure, but in comparison to those that encountered I-drive and the like, its a blessing...flawless...NO, quirky...YES...

Quirky? A $35,000 + vehicle and you say quirky?

What say you to the "quirky" iDrive found in a $100,000+ 7-series then?

So the excuse now is that it happens in a $100,000 + BMW?

Buy a Ford, get a "quirky" vehicle and if you come to customer support then the answer will be "it happens in a $100,000 + BMW?"

People grumbling about "what if your laptop" blah blah blah:

That's precisely what marginal computers did under Vista, but MS and the OEMs worked through it.

One thing I'm curious about, though, since these issues seem to be either "my system is terrible and almost never works" or "it works pretty good" is whether Ford's QC on the hardware is up to snuff.

If they're getting inconsistent quality boards, that could explain why some people continue to have the most bizarre issues while others saw mostly performance issues with old MFT, and almost none now.

My Ford Touch is not perfect, but it vastly superior to touchscreen systems I have used on other vehicles. It was a major reason I went back to Ford this time. In 2008 I went with Nissan because they had cutting-edge technology that Ford lacked, but since then Ford caught up and surpassed them. The best feature of MFT is that it is easily upgradable, so I know I won't be stuck with the same system that my car was delivered with as is the case with other manufacturers. The upgrades could stand to be released more frequently, but it seems to be a constant work in progress.

If you bought a laptop/PC/phone/tablet would you tolerate the same types of issues being reported with MFT ??

Hmmm, I've had to hard-reset my iPod, and I've had to pull the battery on my tablet, phone, and laptop, not to mention pull the plug on my desktop PC. Oh, and I did have to pull the plug on my new internet-connected TV too. I didn't bitch, whine, moan, or complain about any of them. I little miffed? Sure, but I know that type of thing happens with software all the time, and it's just the fact of life.

Oh, and I work in IT too, and I didn't even break a nail pulling the battery or plug on any of my devices!

Another little note...you do know it is OK to drive your car without MFT, right? It is not essential to operation of the motor vehicle, but if your phone/table/PC/laptop/TV is locked up, you simply cannot use it. So, your comparison sucks!

Buy a Ford, get a "quirky" vehicle and if you come to customer support then the answer will be "it happens in a $100,000 + BMW?"

what we are saying Mark, is it kinda gos with the technology territory....

I get a new Ford with MFT.

I tell everyone about MFT. My friends want to look at it.

I show MFT - it does't work the way it is supposed to. I have to pull the fuse to make it work.

What do you think the impression will be?

I can only imagine based on how you have reacted regarding a 10 minute potential fix....they may never come over again...

Edited by Deanh

Not an excuse at all. Just pointing out that shit happens when technology is involved, no matter what you pay for it.

I get a new Ford with MFT.

I tell everyone about MFT. My friends want to look at it.

I show MFT - it does't work the way it is supposed to. I have to pull the fuse to make it work.

What do you think the impression will be?

It would suck, but frankly, that's a small percentage of users. Most of us have systems that are relatively stable and impress everyone who gets in the vehicle. :shrug: Nothing is perfect.

If it happens to one out of every ten thousand MFT equipped vehicles, the impression will be more or less irrelevant.

It's happening to the Edmunds LT Ecoboost Explorer right now too and that can't be good for publicity. They had the update and it's gone flaky on them again. In the comments someone even tells them to pull the fuse. Looks like that "fix" is becoming popular now.

And, honestly, Ford needs to have a software equivalent to the fuse pull. That's just dumb. There should be a software originated reset option that is functionally equivalent to pulling a fuse.

I wish they would've found a reputable supplier instead of BeSquare, when they outsourced MFT. Now they have to develop all sorts of corporate knowledge regarding how to anticipate failure modes, and how to minimize their impacts.

And, honestly, Ford needs to have a software equivalent to the fuse pull. That's just dumb. There should be a software originated reset option that is functionally equivalent to pulling a fuse.

I wish they would've found a reputable supplier instead of BeSquare, when they outsourced MFT. Now they have to develop all sorts of corporate knowledge regarding how to anticipate failure modes, and how to minimize their impacts.

with that I agree entirely...a simple re-boot button would make the world a nicer place to live in....

It would suck, but frankly, that's a small percentage of users. Most of us have systems that are relatively stable and impress everyone who gets in the vehicle. :shrug: Nothing is perfect.

y'know i think a potentially "glitchy" product is a hell of a lot better than several RECALLS Ive witnessed lately....some are downright serious!

I know that for awhile the moderator over on syncmyride was sending a re-boot app to people that were having problems and having to pull on the fuse on 2011+ SYNC only vehicles, but I only read about it for a while and then they seemed to stop offering it. I agree though this system should have a built-in way to do a hard reset without having to pull the fuse or disconnect the battery. Every other electronic product I own has a simple way to hard reset.

If I'm spending $200 on a phone or $1000 on a PC i'm not happy when I need to pull the battery or do resets. If I'm spending $40,000 on a car and its having these problems I'm pissed. Most people don't even know how to open the hood on their car let alone pull fuses. They have problems they take the car to the dealer. Dealer cant fix problem people go on the internet and complain how the system sucks and the dealer can't fix it. Thats why this is a problem. It may be a small technical problem but its a very high profile system and problems with it are dragging down fords quality rating. I have a 2013 Flex with MFT and I think its great no problems so far. But there is nothing worse then coming home with a new , big ticket,purchase and having problems.

G

If I'm spending $200 on a phone or $1000 on a PC i'm not happy when I need to pull the battery or do resets. If I'm spending $40,000 on a car and its having these problems I'm pissed. Most people don't even know how to open the hood on their car let alone pull fuses. They have problems they take the car to the dealer. Dealer cant fix problem people go on the internet and complain how the system sucks and the dealer can't fix it. Thats why this is a problem. It may be a small technical problem but its a very high profile system and problems with it are dragging down fords quality rating. I have a 2013 Flex with MFT and I think its great no problems so far. But there is nothing worse then coming home with a new , big ticket,purchase and having problems.

G

how about thinking of it this way....just because its a computer in a car doesnt mean it wont experience similar issues to a computer in your lap................ Edited by Deanh