Any guesses for the first 2013 Fusion review?

MineralstangGT

True. I did hear of an embargo on that, so it makes sense. I'm hoping its in the next few weeks, though I haven't heard if they have started to ship at all to the dealers yet. There have to be quite a few sitting at the factory at this point waiting though.

OK to buy (when they start shipping) should be soon but it's hard to tell because they have to build 5 straight days without a problem. One problem and the clock starts over at 0 even if it's at 4+ days.

OK to buy (when they start shipping) should be soon but it's hard to tell because they have to build 5 straight days without a problem. One problem and the clock starts over at 0 even if it's at 4+ days.

Gotcha. Well, it will just be wait and see at this point. It will be interesting to see what they have to say when they are allowed to publish anything.

Ford is becoming a bit more progressive. In the past the website would not have been updated until after the new vehicles had hit the showrooms and most of the old inventory had been sold. So that's new.

They still don't want to impact sales of the old vehicles any more than necessary so that's one reason for the delay. The other is that they want customers who read the review and like it to be able to go test drive/buy/order one almost immediately. That's probably the bigger reason.

A Ford rep told me the Fusion will hit the lots by the end of this month. So I'd guess the reviews would start coming out October 1. I have a Titanium on order. After driving my brothers 2013 sho, I'm pretty pumped about what this car will be like to drive. Yes it has less power, but it also weighs 1000lbs less.

Hopefully that doesn't mean the Titaniums are being held up. I don't know if the issues with the Escape will effect the Fusion launch.

Scott Monty (head of Ford Social Media) told me that all trim levels will be available at the media test drive event.......no worries.

Should be some reviews in over the next couple days.

I wouldn't bet on it. They'll probably embargo all the reviews to give the monthly rags time to get their articles in print.

What you might see are "first drive impressions" with no real facts or details, which I guess is better than nothing.

That review by Roman Mica blows. He says he got 8.2 sec from 0-60 mph. Really? This thing should easily be in the low 6's. Plus he said the care wasn't sporty? Really, not sport. Come on. Fast accearlation, tight handling, and sporty look. That's not sporty?

I was thinking the same thing.