2013 Mondeo Highlights (Paris Motor Show)

Some info has been released regarding the next Mondeo

Few items that caught my attention

Ford’s first automated parking system to support parallel and perpendicular reverse parking.

The first power-adjustable steering column with memory function in the Mondeo segment will

enable drivers to easily optimise comfort and driving position, as will 10-way adjustable,

massage function-equipped multi-contour seats. The leather steering wheel now features a heated rim

Choice of efficient yet powerful turbocharged 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engines,

Mondeo diesel all-wheel drive variant will be offered

Retractable panoramic glass roof for the wagon bodystyle.

Segment-first adaptive, full LED headlamps

http://paris2012.fordmedia.eu/documents/Paris-Mondeo_EU.pdf

I think the reference to a 1.5 Ecoboost is a typo, that would cause all kinds of uphevals in supplier networks..

retractable glass roof on wagon sounds a nice touch, is that similar to the MKZ roof?

Full LED headlamps, I don't think the US gets these in the Fusion...

AWD diesel, that will allow Mondeo to tow at least 2300 kg or around 5,000 lbs.

I think the reference to a 1.5 Ecoboost is a typo, that would cause all kinds of uphevals in supplier networks..

retractable glass roof on wagon sounds a nice touch, is that similar to the MKZ roof?

Full LED headlamps, I don't think the US gets these in the Fusion...

AWD diesel, that will allow Mondeo to tow at least 2300 kg or around 5,000 lbs.

I would think of Vista roof.

That's what was my 1st thought as well, but it is listed in the Mondeo fact sheet as well

http://paris2012.for...e_mondeo_EU.pdf

There has been no announcement of a 1.5 Ecoboost, that's why I think the fact sheet has a typo

as that same engine would have to reach across every Euro Ford that currently has a 1.6 EB engine

Edited by jpd80

Ooh, that hatchback is nice. Wish they'd bring that over here.

See this is what I'm thinking, Ford should fill volume of sales with sedan but possibly look at Mondeo variants down the track.

I see a great opportunity for incremental sales increase with those versions, hopefully Ford sees an opportunity to explore that area.

That slight drop in capacity may be a global consideration based on some countries having a taxes on vehicles over that capacity.

maybe that small change also delivers much needed drops in CO2 levels for European markets and even better economy numbers.

Given the current power level of the 2.0 EB, a 1.5 EB should be able to deliver 180 hp and 200 lb ft - similar to a 5 year old 3.0 V6.

That slight drop in capacity may be a global consideration based on some countries having a taxes on vehicles over that capacity.

maybe that small change also delivers much needed drops in CO2 levels for European markets and even better economy numbers.

Given the current power level of the 2.0 EB, a 1.5 EB should be able to deliver 180 hp and 200 lb ft - similar to a 5 year old 3.0 V6.

the ST 2.0 and the EB 1.0 are at ~123hp per liter, the 1.5 should be good for 185hp, although I hope this new design would do better than 130hp per liter for a nice 195hp.

the ST 2.0 and the EB 1.0 are at ~123hp per liter, the 1.5 should be good for 185hp, although I hope this new design would do better than 130hp per liter for a nice 195hp.

Remembering that in this application, the emphasis will be on lowering CO2 whilst maintaining all the qualities of the 1.6 EB.