Flat Rock getting Lincoln MKS

deflep1

Our plant manager Tim Young said in his newsletter that if the board of directors approves it, FRAP is getting the next generation MKS. No word about the Taurus, there has been talk it could be moved here, but it could easily just stay at CAP. We knew a decision was coming soon about new products, and getting the Lincoln wasn't a surprise. It will mark 4 different brands that have been made here (Ford, Mazda, Mercury & Lincoln).

Seriously the Taurus and explorer mks and interceptor make Chicago a flexible super plant. If you think the Taurus is leaving Chicago you're a fool. If anything FRAP will get mkz and a mustang Lincoln platform(been talking about a lux sport for years) cause the next gen mustang will be on the fusion platform.

Taurus and explorer will be at cap for a long time.

When did the board of directors decide where a car is going to be built, I would think they make bigger decisions than that.

The board only wants to see the bottom line profit they could care less who builds the product.

Mazda still has a minority interest in the Flat Rock site. There is a local "Board of Directors" that includes some Mazda representation. That is the Board of Directors which is being referred to here.

Mazda still has a minority interest in the Flat Rock site. There is a local "Board of Directors" that includes some Mazda representation. That is the Board of Directors which is being referred to here.

That throws the rumor of Ford buying out Mazda from the site straight out the window!

So does think link.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120910/BUSINESS0102/120910023/Ford-Flat-Rock-plant-celebrates-new-name-investment

cause the next gen mustang will be on the fusion platform.

Doubtful....the 2015 Model is based on the current platform

Taurus and explorer will be at cap for a long time.

You guys will be building Police Interceptors and Utilties, but the actual Taurus name and eventually the Explorer will be built on a modified Fusion platform in 3-4 years....where at is anyones guess...

Doubtful....the 2015 Model is based on the current platform

You guys will be building Police Interceptors and Utilties, but the actual Taurus name and eventually the Explorer will be built on a modified Fusion platform in 3-4 years....where at is anyones guess...

I'm at DTP. I read in the paper and from a few friends that work at FRAP that the stang will be on the fusion platform

Multiple reliable sources here at CAP have stated the the MKS and Taurus (retail) will be going to FRAP.

CAP will still build the Taurus Interceptor along with Explorer production. I am not sure if this will be enough to maintain 3 Crews but it is what it is.

Does anyone find it ironic that a lot of ex-cons and people on work release are building Police vehicles? This plant has sunk to new levels, it's disgusting.

• Like 1

Multiple reliable sources here at CAP have stated the the MKS and Taurus (retail) will be going to FRAP.

CAP will still build the Taurus Interceptor along with Explorer production. I am not sure if this will be enough to maintain 3 Crews but it is what it is.

Does anyone find it ironic that a lot of ex-cons and people on work release are building Police vehicles? This plant has sunk to new levels, it's disgusting.

At this point in time, CAP will be sending the MKS to Flat Rock (could be, maybe, possible) and the Taurus is still up in the air.(got to check with the directors,,,) Next month we might see the survey`s start. Look out Flat Rock if your lucky you`ll be getting Michigan people back..... if not... you guys could be getting some really special members heading your way.

We have over 4 thousand on the rolls and there isn`t a day that goes by where dam near every department is short. We start doing the tagging thing Oct. 1st...in Final... Been taggin in Paint and Body for some time now and really... more days than not we can`t, due to manpower. But its getting better. Taggin that is.

Then we have the out cry from our decision makers... way to much O...T...!!!!! You guys can not be getting all this overtime!!!! (shhh, would you come in Sunday, shhh) Ok? One question, when will the repairs just slow down? Not quit, just slow down? Lets see... we have... miss builds, parts shortages, parts with issues, training issues, 3 crew problems, venders told a different spec at each meeting, equipment that does not like to be doing its thing 24 hours a day and the best group of managers that came in the door, two minutes ago..... OT? we don`t need NO, STINKIN !!!OT!!!

And so goes the most beautiful spot in the universe CAP. Ahhh Yessss fall in the city, a wonderfull thing. :runaway:

Now you haters can talk shit about Ford and the IUAW----> :banmolest: .<----these guys are always lookin out for ya.....but stay the Hell away from any shit talk about my CUBBIES (wait till next year) and the BIGMAN`s DONUTS!!!!. :shades:

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 2

At this point in time, CAP will be sending the MKS to Flat Rock (could be, maybe, possible) and the Taurus is still up in the air.(got to check with the directors,,,) Next month we might see the survey`s start. Look out Flat Rock if your lucky you`ll be getting Michigan people back..... if not... you guys could be getting some really special members heading your way.

We have over 4 thousand on the rolls and there isn`t a day that goes by where dam near every department is short. We start doing the tagging thing Oct. 1st...in Final... Been taggin in Paint and Body for some time now and really... more days than not we can`t, due to manpower. But its getting better. Taggin that is.

Then we have the out cry from our decision makers... way to much O...T...!!!!! You guys can not be getting all this overtime!!!! (shhh, would you come in Sunday, shhh) Ok? One question, when will the repairs just slow down? Not quit, just slow down? Lets see... we have... miss builds, parts shortages, parts with issues, training issues, 3 crew problems, venders told a different spec at each meeting, equipment that does not like to be doing its thing 24 hours a day and the best group of managers that came in the door, two minutes ago..... OT? we don`t need NO, STINKIN !!!OT!!!

And so goes the most beautiful spot in the universe CAP. Ahhh Yessss fall in the city, a wonderfull thing. :runaway:

Now you haters can talk shit about Ford and the IUAW----> :banmolest: .<----these guys are always lookin out for ya.....but stay the Hell away from any shit talk about my CUBBIES (wait till next year) and the BIGMAN`s DONUTS!!!!. :shades:

Decker

1 of the 1788

I hope FRAP gets some people back that left MI. I for one took MI for granted. I am a Michigander and will always be but KY isn't my style after a whole year. Not to put ky down, just saying I should have never left. Bring me back!

Sorry but your stuck, only way they would post FRAP at LAP is if they had to many people or people on layoff and that will not be the case when FRAP needs people.

Sorry but it is what it is!

Gonna be a lot of other plants in line before LAP anyway to get the postings!

You miss those Bigcountry Kreme filled donuts don't ya?

It's still all good!

Best question to ask, Will FRAP have a 2 shift or 3 crew operation like MAP and DTP have.

For the sake of all the LTS temps waiting to get hired in full-time, I hope FRAP goes the 3 shift route and as a result creates a bunch of new jobs. Selfishly however I'd rather they stay at 2 shifts simply for the fact that with that set-up Overtime would be easier to come by then if the plant was running 3 shifts. Although I'm not currently at FRAP, I will likely be trying to transfer back there once the 2nd shift is back up and running some time next year.