Changing my order

elle

I am seriously considering changing my order to a Titanium Hybrid. I really love the trim at that level, and based on my current configuration I believe the price difference would be under $1000.00 (and possibly well under that.) All the options I'm ordering-- the luxury package, the rear sensor, the rear camera-- are standard on the Titanium. I have a question in to the dealer now about the price difference but unless it's way larger than I expect it to be, I'm going to ask him to upgrade my order.

I did think about changing my order, but I had to think about what the Titanium model would add to the car to make it worth it. The only two things that would change the car to make it noticeable would be push to start and the Sony stereo. All the other stuff is basically eye candy and really not a big deal. It doesn't effect performance or driving comfort. So after logically looking at the options and the money I am spending, I have decided to keep the car I ordered.

• Like 1

Yes, but what eye candy!! I have seen and driven both and there is much difference, the Titanium looks much more upscale.

My 2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L (Tuxedo Black) - PICTURES INSIDE

Look at the comments on the above post about the taillights, Titanium vs S or SE one of evidently many differences.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am just concerned that I'll spend the next four years or so wishing I hadn't cheaped out on it. The titanium comes with the stuff I was paying extra for as standard-- what I really wanted: The leather seats (luxury package added $2000.00) the backup camera (tech package added $900.00) and the rear sensor (added $300). All that stuff is rolled into the Titanium pricing, and it looks so much nicer.

Yeah, I am just concerned that I'll spend the next four years or so wishing I hadn't cheaped out on it. The titanium comes with the stuff I was paying extra for as standard-- what I really wanted: The leather seats (luxury package added $2000.00) the backup camera (tech package added $900.00) and the rear sensor (added $300). All that stuff is rolled into the Titanium pricing, and it looks so much nicer.

I am feelign the same way as you elle..i ordered way before you, but we have the same mindset..for you you want a car you can enjoy for the next many years like you did your prius until it was time to upgrade. This is my first car and i want it to be as enjoyable as you want your new purchase....my 2013 hybrid se was built on friday and will be arriving november 12th...but by then i may not pick it up...the price difference with x-plan for me is just $1000 between the SE and the Titanium hybrid and the titanium offers everything i figured would be standard on the se..like full led tail lights and not just having reflectors (dumb). but technically at $1000 a more we are getting a huge super package added on to our SE so why not wait and just order the titanium? luckily for you your waits automatically longer so by then ordering may be open or more news about the titanium may come out..i doubt much will happen in the next 2 weeks for me though so i may have to make the decision to pass up the car...but if i can get what i truly want its worth it...as long as i can wait an extra 3-5 months for the titanium hybrid on top of the 2 and a half i've waited so far for this SE to come.

With all the talk of people having second thoughts about their decision to order an SE Hybrid, I decided to see if I was worth it for me. Now I guess my comparison isn't the same as many because I am not getting the Luxury package or driver's aids. Mine is listed in my signature. I really like the accents of the appearance package and those wheels look a good bit better than the standard titanium rims IMO. For me, it would be about $3300 difference to move to the Titanium. At MSRP mine is $31,180 and the Titanium with 19" Y (?) spoke rims (the ones seen on most vehicles now...hard to remember which is which lol) and moonroof would be around $34,500. I have X-Plan pricing but I think the cost differential would be similar under X-Plan. Of course there are quite a few features for that $3300 difference. The biggest one for me would actually be the Intelligent Access and Push button start. I have leather in my TL, and while I like it, it does get cold in the winter (I do have seat heaters) and hot in the summer (nothing to do about that). I really like the feel and look of the appearance package cloth seats. The Titanium tailights with the full light surround are nice, along with the Sony stereo system but they aren't necessary for me.

I can see the decision being a good bit tougher for those getting the Luxury package. For me, I am very happy with my decision to order the SE hybrid. There isn't one decision that is best for everyone. No matter what, we are all going to have a vehicle that will bring a smile to our faces for years to come. :) I can't wait until the beginning-middle of January for mine to arrive.

Edited by lmp180psu
  • Like 1

I have leather in my TL, and while I like it, it does get cold in the winter (I do have seat heaters) and hot in the summer (nothing to do about that).

I guess nobody told the cows. I have leather furniture at home and leather in both vehicles for the last 12 years and I've never found them to be hot or cold after a couple of minutes.

I guess nobody told the cows. I have leather furniture at home and leather in both vehicles for the last 12 years and I've never found them to be hot or cold after a couple of minutes.

That is true. I guess my point is, that for me, the leather isn't worth it to move up to the Titanium, but I certainly don't think it is not worth it to many. I also have leather living room furniture which is nice especially with dogs.

That is true. I guess my point is, that for me, the leather isn't worth it to move up to the Titanium, but I certainly don't think it is not worth it to many. I also have leather living room furniture which is nice especially with dogs.

I just think that people who don't own leather seating have this misconception that it's cold in winter and hot in summer like the old vinyl seats and that's not really the case. Leather breathes and adjusts to your body temperature very quickly. But if you don't like it or don't want to pay for it then that's perfectly ok.

• Like 1

Leather to me is the best, no matter the season, fabric is economy, unless it's a race car, then it doesn't matter. But there are different grades of leather, some is almost an imitation of vinyl, some, (soft, fragrant, expensive) like Aston Martin, are impossible to replace.

I didnt intend to start a leather vs. cloth argument lol. Some types of fabric can be pretty economy grade. In the regular SE for example, it does feel a bit cheap and low budget. The appearance package cloth has a softer more durable feel and doesn't have the old style velour feel of some cloth interiors (fuzz like cloth). The red accents on the seats and armrests are a nice touch, along with getting nicer 18" wheels, leather steering wheel, spoiler, and fog lights. I think its a very good deal to make the car look sporty and classy without having to pay for the titanium and its a big improvement on the stock 17" wheels.

Again, no matter what, everyone is getting a vehicle in the Fusion that is head and shoulders above pretty much anything else in the class. The Optima is a nice vehicle styling and features wise too.

Edited by lmp180psu
  • Like 1

The biggest reason I didn't get the Titanium (I thought long and hard on it) is because I am already pushing my budget with my SE optioned the way it is. I was originally looking to spend low $20k on a car. Unfortunately I could get anything I liked in that price range as I needed something a little bigger and it needs to be fun to drive. Used car options suck, because anything with a warranty isn't that much cheaper than new. Once I'm done negotiating I'll probably be between $27-28k on my SE (2.0L, luxury package, Tech package, Ruby Red) and if I got the Titanium (would have to get the 19" wheels) I think I'd have a hard time getting under $30k. I would really love the additional features that the Titanium brings, but I just can't push my budget that much further. Unless my dealer is willing to throw me an awesome deal on a Titanium I'll be sticking with the SE.

• Like 1

Under 30 will be tough. Our Titanium (in Canada, which is only AWD) starts at $33,999, I was lucky to get the "Employee discount" for -$3300, I think my car is pushing close $36000(delivery/ac tax/tire fee in) before sales tax with options.

Build/Price Canada puts my configured AWD Titanium with added options at $43,255 (thats with our 13% tax, 1550 delivery fee, AC Tax and some silly Ontario tire fees)

• Like 1

The biggest reason I didn't get the Titanium (I thought long and hard on it) is because I am already pushing my budget with my SE optioned the way it is. I was originally looking to spend low $20k on a car. Unfortunately I could get anything I liked in that price range as I needed something a little bigger and it needs to be fun to drive. Used car options suck, because anything with a warranty isn't that much cheaper than new. Once I'm done negotiating I'll probably be between $27-28k on my SE (2.0L, luxury package, Tech package, Ruby Red) and if I got the Titanium (would have to get the 19" wheels) I think I'd have a hard time getting under $30k. I would really love the additional features that the Titanium brings, but I just can't push my budget that much further. Unless my dealer is willing to throw me an awesome deal on a Titanium I'll be sticking with the SE.

I am in the same boat as you. I did spring for the Hybrid, but only after a careful cost comparison of the gas savings vs increase in monthly payment (it is pretty much a wash, or a slight advantage to the Hybrid). My Hybrid as ordered is $31,180 MSRP ($29,400 with X-Plan). I never thought I would spend close to 30K on a vehicle, but I thought the Hybrid felt right. My monthly payment is going to go up $130/month, but between switching insurance companies most likely (a lot lower rates I have found), and the gas savings, my combined auto expense (payment, gas, insurance) will not be much of an increase at all.

I am in the same boat as you. I did spring for the Hybrid, but only after a careful cost comparison of the gas savings vs increase in monthly payment (it is pretty much a wash, or a slight advantage to the Hybrid). My Hybrid as ordered is $31,180 MSRP ($29,400 with X-Plan). I never thought I would spend close to 30K on a vehicle, but I thought the Hybrid felt right. My monthly payment is going to go up $130/month, but between switching insurance companies most likely (a lot lower rates I have found), and the gas savings, my combined auto expense (payment, gas, insurance) will not be much of an increase at all.

I'm going from no car payment for the last ~2 years to getting back into one and I'm trying to keep it as low as possible. My plan has been to put about half down on the car and end up with about a ~$200/mo loan so that it's not really impacting my monthly budget much. If I go up to ~$30k I'll either have to put another ~$2k down on the car or have the payment go up a bit. With how much extra stuff the Titanium gets right off the bat I'm actually starting to lean that direction, as I am planning on keeping this car for ~10 years (I've had my Audi for over 7 years and I bought it with 60k miles).

Decisions, decisions....