Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

I'd bet money on quality. I have to think Ford is looking to avoid a repeat of the Escape fiasco. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Hermosillo building every previous generation Fusion. You would think they would know how to ship cars from Mexico since they've been doing that for a long time. I'm going to reach out to my sales guy to see what he can tell me.

My guess is this is only going to be good news. They've been negotiating this tax break in Flat Rock, now they've got it, so they have a green light to move forward with new plans there. They've clearly got more demand than they can fill from Hermasillo for the new Fusion or you would all have your cars by now. They'll be opening up Flat Rock for production to clear out the backorders and get them to you all more quickly. That means that production locations and dates will need to be reassigned across the board. It's no big corporate conspiracy to make you all wait longer.

Everyone here should just take a chill pill and think about how the real world functions :)

My guess is this is only going to be good news. They've been negotiating this tax break in Flat Rock, now they've got it, so they have a green light to move forward with new plans there. They've clearly got more demand than they can fill from Hermasillo for the new Fusion or you would all have your cars by now. They'll be opening up Flat Rock for production to clear out the backorders and get them to you all more quickly. That means that production locations and dates will need to be reassigned across the board. It's no big corporate conspiracy to make you all wait longer.

Everyone here should just take a chill pill and think about how the real world functions :)

I hope so. Maybe i somehow will get my car by new year's. What a great way to start off 2013 :)

FYI

This is a post from this afternoon that was on the Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum and I quote:

"I just got a call from Ford Customer Service regarding my 2013 fusion hybrid. Ordered back in June. Built on October 5th. Ford Socal Media rep kept telling me it was waiting for transit and to check back next week because Ford only updated the information once a week. After 4 weeks of "awaiting transit, check back next week, I called Ford Customer Service". They got back with me today. There is a "stop ship" order on my fusion along with 19.999 others. Asked if it was a headlight issue I have heard rumors about and he said he wasn't privy to that informtion. I now have a case number and an "advocate" to keep me informed of the progress of the repairs and the shipment. So much for Hermasillo being a high quality production facility."

The word "repairs" tells me this is a quality issue (or parts shortage). Hopefully they get the needed replacement parts soon, what ever they are.

Edited by scott029

I've been waiting for a black Ti that was supposed to arrive 10/22. then 10/29. After another no-show the GM at the dealer told me it either sitting in Mexico or Detroit. For what it's worth he said they had some serious parts shortages on early production units. He said Hermosillo only had so much room for storage, they're not stopping the line to wait, so they shipped a bunch to Detroit due to storage capacity. That a long way around the barn for my unit which was destined for the west coast

It's ETA went to TBD also. The silver lining is he had a white platnum, a later build than my black Ti, show that AM equipped exactly similar. The platinum was my second choice, so took me about 5 minutes to change up and picked it up Sat. Moonroof, Nav, 19", Driver assist. It is an AWESOME vehicle and will be worth your wait.

I'll put up some pics and thoughts mid week. The purchase had a couple twists

I feel your pain for all who's waiting

From my dealer in regards to my car being shipped right past my house( within minutes) and continuing north to IL.

I'm going to summarize here since I can't copy and paste a PDF

"2013 Fusions have begun to arrive at dealerships across the country and reactions to the car has been overwhelmingly positive from media and customers alike. We have already shipped over 25,000 Fusions with more shipping everyday.

As you are aware, a number of vehicles have been produced but have not been released from the plant. In order to ensure a high quality launch, additional quality assurance practices are being implemented. This is resulting in increased timing from production to dealer delivery.

We know you are anxious to receive your Fusions. I want to assure you the team is working diligently to get the vehicles delivered to you as quickly as possible. We estimate all the cars will be en route by the end of December.

There are three categories of vehicles right now 1) vehicles at Hermosillo 2) vehicles moving from Hermosillo to Flat Rock Assembly so we can accelerate the quality assurance process and 3) vehicles en route to your dealership.

Many of you are seeing Fusions with ETA dates in "vehicle Visibility that have passed. Estimated dealer delivery dates (eta's) update only when a vehicle moves from one place to another. We understand this can cause frustration as you try to plan for the vehicle to arrive. We are working on systems improvements that will provide more accurate estimate of dealer ETA's

We do not have the ability to offer priority shipping or specific release dates for vehicles at the plant or headed to Flat Rock. We are processing and shipping them as quickly as possible. For vehicles that have been built and released without being held, our vehicle visibility system will provide a delivery ETA. If a vehicle shows a "TBA" for a delivery date, it is likely at Flat Rock or Hermosillo.

The Fusions delayed in the system will not negatively impact your future months' allocation. We have and will, exclude "availability" from the allocation formula until inventory is stabilized across the country."

That is from dealer it dose't include some things like to and from but that is the body of it for the most part. To me it is a long winded way of saying we don't know exactly when they will show up but they will be there at some point.

• Like 1

Found this on another Fusion Forum

Ford Fusion delay

I received a letter sent out to all dealerships stating no more Fusions will be shipped because of quality issues until the end of December. Built vehicles are to be shipped from Mexico to little Rock for head light corrections. I was told All other 25,000 vehicles delivered are to be recalled.

Ford did it again!!!

​That must be flat rock he is referring to...

Edited by chuckokie36

Where is the cry emoticon :( Hope the parts are fixed sooner than later so all those that were to be delivered already or really soon can get to their owners. Also hoping that by the time mine is ready to be built, it will be straightened out without much delays.

Would they continue to build the rest of the vehicle and then just wait for the improved headlight part to be sent in, and install after?

I wonder if they're going to continue to build, or clear up the issue first? Probably wont see them until the new year now for sure. I was hoping for an early Dec. delivery of mine, but now that they may be not shipping until the end of Dec. .. ugh. I wish they would release official word on this stuff.

Here is the full Dealer letter...........

To: All U.S. Ford Dealers

Subject: 2013 Fusion launch Update

2013 Fusions have begun to arrive at dealerships across the country and reaction to the car has been overwhelmingly positive from media and customers alike. We have already shipped over 25,000 Fusions with more shipping every day.

As you are aware, a number of vehicles have been produced but have not been released from the plant. In order to ensure a high quality launch, additional quality assurance practices are being implemented. This is resulting in increased timing from production to dealer delivery. We know you are anxious to receive your Fusions. I want to assure you the team is working diligently to get the vehicles delivered to you as quickly as possible. We estimate all the cars will be enroute by the end of December.

There are three categories of vehicles right now: 1) vehicles at Hermosillo 2) vehicles moving from Hermosillo to Flat Rock Assembly so we can accelerate the quality assurance process and 3) vehicles enroute to your dealership.

Many of you are seeing Fusions with ETA dates in "Vehicle Visibility" that have passed. Estimated Dealer Delivery dates (ETA's) update only when a vehicle moves from one place to another. We understand this can cause frustration as you try to plan for the vehicle arrivals. We are working on systems improvements that will provide a more accurate estimate of dealer ETA's.

We do not have the ability to offer priority shipping or specific release dates for vehicles at the plant or headed to Flat Rock. We are processing and shipping them as quickly as possible. For vehicles that have been built and released without being held, our Vehicle Visibility system will provide a delivery ETA. If a vehicle shows a "TBD" for a delivery date, it is likely at Flat Rock or at Hermosillo.

The Fusions delayed in the system will not negatively impact your future months' allocation. We have, and will, exclude "availability" from the allocation formula until inventory is stabilized across the country.

One Team. One Plan. One Goal. One Ford.

Thank you for your support and business!

Ken Czubay

Vice President

Marketing, Sales and Service"

Edited by chuckokie36

Curious to know about the issue with the headlights too. It is hard to remember exactly how they were on my one nighttime test drive, but I do remember one time thinking they weren't that bright, but that could have been from the surrounding lighting.

I believe Ford should do something too, especially for those whose vehicles are in process of being built, complete not left the factory, and those in transit and not going to be delivered in the next month+. Would be nice for those who submitted orders and aren't being built yet, but I am not holding my breath ;) lol.

It doesn't read anything about all vehicles, any to be built, or a production hold. Just "a number of" that are waiting. I'd assume these are some of the already built units are being held and are undergoing further testing/repairs before they get shipped out. No mention of a recall, or anything specific on the headlights.

Edited by -Strike-