Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

I have to wonder about any "headlight" issue, since replacing headlights sure seems like something that respective dealers could handle rather than sending all vehicles to Flat Rock, sure is cheaper to ship a hundred headlights than a hundred cars. And if headlights are really that complicated that a dealer couldn't handle it, dang where would an owner go for service after taking delivery? Hope I don't have to put Flat Rock into the navigation!

Not to mention that headlights that don't function would be a major safety issue. I can't imagine we wouldn't be hearing more than just a few rumors if there were actually problems with the headlights. But, who knows?

Not to mention that headlights that don't function would be a major safety issue. I can't imagine we wouldn't be hearing more than just a few rumors if there were actually problems with the headlights. But, who knows?

I still say flux capacitors, also a safety issue and those things have had notoriously bad records!

I drove a Titanium model this weekend to satisfy my curiosity just in case i wanted to totally change my mind and get the 2.0. My partner and i noticed misaligned trim on the outside, he noticed a piece of interior door trim not fitting well, and when i opened the driver's door to get out it almost felt like it was rubbing against something. Even if i liked it (and it was equipped like i wanted), i wouldnt have bought it with all the fit and finish issues. Maybe the model wide issue is dealing with noticeable fit and finish issues, but it is all speculation pretty much.

I drove a Titanium model this weekend to satisfy my curiosity just in case i wanted to totally change my mind and get the 2.0. My partner and i noticed misaligned trim on the outside, he noticed a piece of interior door trim not fitting well, and when i opened the driver's door to get out it almost felt like it was rubbing against something. Even if i liked it (and it was equipped like i wanted), i wouldnt have bought it with all the fit and finish issues. Maybe the model wide issue is dealing with noticeable fit and finish issues, but it is all speculation pretty much.

Trim fit issues aside (generally a car to car issue), how did you like the 2.0 Ecoboost?

Well, I originally showed up here to ask if anyone else had heard window noise during their test drive, as I heard a lot of it during my test drive. Could be.

Well, I originally showed up here to ask if anyone else had heard window noise during their test drive, as I heard a lot of it during my test drive. Could be.

I know when I drove the Titanium on my test drive it was exceptionally quiet. I had turned off the radio in hopes to hear some engine noise, but it was pretty much silence until it was high rpms or high speeds. It was so quiet and the seats were so comfy (compared to my current vehicle) it would have been easy to take a nap in the car. Not to mention the roominess helped that as well.

Edited by Zeph

I thought it had good power and the couple times i step on it, it responded well, but i was a bit underwhelmed overall. Certainly sounded more refined than the 1.6 and hybrid, but that should be expected. I think the mpg penalty (overall i drove carefully and got 24 according to the trip computer) isn't worth it (to me). I really liked the leather seats and the look of the rear end. Those features along with the intelligent access and push button start may sway me to the titanium hybrid (i keep flip flopping with my decision)

Edited by lmp180psu

As mentioned I'm confident that if there are any trim/fitting issues it is a car to car thing. The titanium I drove was just about perfect. No wind noise, very comfortable/quiet cabin and while the engine is no rocket it's quick enough. Since I didn't want to pony up the additional ~$2000 to get the titanium I opted for the 2.0L engine.

It sucks that things are being delayed, but I would rather wait and make sure everything is right than rush it and deal with taking the car back to the dealer. If it is a quality issue though what happens with the few Fusions that are already at the dealers and/or sold?

edit: I'd also like to mention that the only proper way to determine gas mileage is to do it manually (miles driven / amount of gas). Car computers are notorious for being inaccurate for guestimating mileage to the point that it's really irrelevant to compare those numbers.

Edited by Camride
  • Like 1

My car had a final build date of 11/5/12 according to etis. I was just told by cyberdman

that it shipped out via rail yesterday. Now the question is, where in the hell is it going?

Anyone have any way of finding out what a railcars final destination is (online, phone,

contact info)??

I wonder if there is a stop sell as well? I only ask this, because according to the online inventories of the two dealers near me, they have not sold a single Fusion in 2 weeks. I just find that odd, because I went in to take a look and test drive a Titanium 2 weeks ago, and no lie, there were 5 people there looking/test driving fusions. The demand is definitely there, so it's surprising none of them have been sold.

Just a thought, I'm not trying to start a rumor. It could just be a lag in removing the cars from the inventory.

I wonder if there is a stop sell as well? I only ask this, because according to the online inventories of the two dealers near me, they have not sold a single Fusion in 2 weeks. I just find that odd, because I went in to take a look and test drive a Titanium 2 weeks ago, and no lie, there were 5 people there looking/test driving fusions. The demand is definitely there, so it's surprising none of them have been sold.

Just a thought, I'm not trying to start a rumor. It could just be a lag in removing the cars from the inventory.

It's the inventory lag. If a stop sale had been ordered it would have been front page news.

I just got the following email from my salesperson regarding my Fusion SE 2.0L w/ Appearance & Technology/Nav Pkgs:

XXXXXX,

There has been a delay of the shipments. However your status hasnt shown anychange. The orders that are really affected show TBD (to be determined) Your order still shows ETA as the week of the 19th. This could change but we are ok as of now. Ill keep you posted as i get updates.

cleardot.gif

My car had a final build date of 11/5/12 according to etis. I was just told by cyberdman

that it shipped out via rail yesterday. Now the question is, where in the hell is it going?

Anyone have any way of finding out what a railcars final destination is (online, phone,

contact info)??

Since you're tracking doesn't include an ETA, that means it says TBD. Which also means it is more than likely heading to flat rock. AKA auto alliance in the ford "vehicle visibility" report.

So, i went to another dealership and spoke with a sales manager. I explained my situation and asked him to show me the "vehicle visibility" report for the cars they had on the lot. The ones that he checked all went from Hermosillo->Dealer. I told him I knew about the "situation" and he was pretty surprised. Thanks blueovalforums!

Since you're tracking doesn't include an ETA, that means it says TBD. Which also means it is more than likely heading to flat rock. AKA auto alliance in the ford "vehicle visibility" report.

I just talked to my dealer & my car is headed to Flatrock. He said they don't know what the

quality issue is. I mentioned the headlights & he said that was the first he's heard of that.

He is going to try & request more info from their district manager. He did say that all customer

ordered cars should get priority at the plant in Michigan. We will see. Also my car does not have MY Ford Touch

or any other options besides 505A Luxury & the rear sensing system so that kind of eliminates the

options I don't have as the culprits.

Edited by scott029

The more that people are posting about the options they have on their cars it seems to be more like a trim/fit and finish issue. Perhaps it is the headlights or some other issues that would effect all models. Because there are some people who do not have some of the tech add-ons like scott029 above; its starting to make more sense that its a fit and finish issue.

I will post any replies I receive Ford on this issue.

Edited by JSKershaw

Maybe this has nothing to do with a quality issue with the car itself, and more to do with moving them after they arrive at a mixing yard say 20 miles from the dealership? So until they figure that out they are stock pilling them at flat rock, so they don't stop the line at Hermosillo. Remember the post put up a while ago about allied filling for bankruptcy?