Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Just went to a dealership with a titanium set up just like mine, but in black and was considering buying it. Knowing what I know from this forum I looked at the car very carefully. The doors all lined up perfectly but the trunk gaps on the vertical parts where not correct. The driver side was about a 1/16" wider, the passenger side in the middle of the taillight was touching its other half it was so tight. Not to mention the scratch in the paint next to the tail light. Then I went up to the hood same story, where it met in the corners at the top is suppose to be a nice smooth line all the way forward like the driver side. The passenger side was touching the fender and would eventually rub the paint thru, possibly rusting.

I then got inside the car and started pushing buttons, and the hood ajar warning would NOT turn off. I checked and it was closed tight.

I mentioned all this to the dealer who came out to assist me and he claimed he knew nothing of the issues and the holds being put on all the cars from Hermosillo he then went inside to talk to the owner of the dealership and supposedly he was in a meeting about what I was telling him and they where discussing with ford corporate about what to do with it.

What was funny was there was a driver there who delivers the cars right before the salesmen came out and he knew exactly what I was talking about.

They are suppose to call me in about an hour and a half and let me know why the hold has been put on the cars, and what they are going to do with them. I said I don't want to buy a car that has problems like the escapes and being a potential fire hazard. Once I knew more about the issue then we could talk about making a deal on this car instead of the one that is held up in Hermosillo. Not sure I would purchase the car with the issues I saw, who knows what else could be hiding. I personally blame the speed at which the plant is outputting cars right now for the fitment issues.

I will follow up once they call me back and let me know what is up.

btw: headlights looked fine to me.

• Like 1

I noticed a couple fit and finish issues on the Titanium I looked at last night too. The driver's door felt like it was rubbing against another body panel when I opened it, and you could even hear the rubbing sound from the passenger area. The chrome trim on one part of the door wasn't straight/lined up in one area either. I would have been hesitant to buy that particular car myself. I didn't examine the rest of the car closely since I knew I wasn't buying it.

Hm, so lets say the car goes to Flat Rock to "fix" these issues. What are they going to do to fix the problems? Take off the door and put it back on?

Is it really that extreme? Ugh, Im really going to have to inspect every damn thing on it.

We need current owners on this forum to inspect their cars!

• Like 1

Below is my dealer's response after checking on my hybrid se order. From what I'm reading, I'm glad they are taking the time for quality repairs. Just hope my old car holds out.

Not good news your Fusion is part of the quality inspection.

I will keep you posted as to the status

. These vehicles are being relocated so that Flatrock can assist and expedite the quality check process. Once the vehicles arrive at Flatrock, the status in Vehicle Visibility will be updated with the “Delay” message below until the inspections have been complete and the vehicle is released.

Current Status

Status

Primary

Secondary

Vehicle Location

Status Date / Time

ETA

In Transit

Delay- Miscellaneous Transit Delay (Auto Warehousing )

Auto Alliance, MI

Nov-02-2012, 13:01 ET

TBD

Hood, trunk & door adjustments are relatively easy but.....

the bigger question is if the QC is that bad on those items,

what about the rest of the car? That plant has been known for

quality cars in the past (including my '10 Fusion SEL) so

why would they be having these problems now?

Edited by scott029

You'd think if the dealer had noticed issues like that, they'd send it through their body shop for adjustments if needed. I never did pay that close of attention when I was looking over the two cars locally. I'll stop by my dealership tonight and take a look at the SE sitting out front to see how everything looks, and snap a few pictures.

• Like 1

My dealer called today, as well, and said he doesn't know what I said to corporate yesterday, but it got things moving and they promise to have a VIN for me on Monday. I like that they looped it back to my dealer. It means everyone knows there's an issue. He sounded much better and was quite embarrassed he hadn't been able to get any answers previously.

Hm, so lets say the car goes to Flat Rock to "fix" these issues. What are they going to do to fix the problems? Take off the door and put it back on?

Is it really that extreme? Ugh, Im really going to have to inspect every damn thing on it.

We need current owners on this forum to inspect their cars!

Haha that was I was thinking after I read those comments..i was like...oh god im going to buy a lemon aren't I? Lol. I'm going to have to pull out the old x-ray glasses (my mother as nothing gets past her) when I go to pick mine up!

I'm going to have to pull out the old x-ray glasses (my mother as nothing gets past her) when I go to pick mine up!

I was thinking that I could have just gone and picked up the car when its ready. Now I was thinking of making my own extensive checklist to check for everything under the sun including: Headlamp operation, trunk lid alignment, Sync navigation (appears to be missing), the headliner etc...

• Like 1

i picked up mine today! 1.6 SE. I DID notice a small "fit" issue. Its where the trunk meets the body. Right below where it says Fusion compared to the other side where it says Ecoboost. If you run your hand, one side sticks out from the body slightly more than it should.

Its not evident to a normal person, but I did inspect it!

I also saw sand in the area where the door hinges area meets the body

i picked up mine today! 1.6 SE. I DID notice a small "fit" issue. Its where the trunk meets the body. Right below where it says Fusion compared to the other side where it says Ecoboost. If you run your hand, one side sticks out from the body slightly more than it should.

We've got a stickie post for the new Fusion owners to post pics going. We would love to see it!

Hopefully I get my car soon as our cars were on the same rail car! Checked today and no luck. Hopefully soon. I only have my Mustang to drive until I get it and 500hp, 3900 stall and 3.73's don't like snow.

• Like 1

Hopefully I get my car soon as our cars were on the same rail car! Checked today and no luck. Hopefully soon. I only have my Mustang to drive until I get it and 500hp, 3900 stall and 3.73's don't like snow.

If you do enough burnouts you'll eventually melt all the snow.

I was thinking that I could have just gone and picked up the car when its ready. Now I was thinking of making my own extensive checklist to check for everything under the sun including: Headlamp operation, trunk lid alignment, Sync navigation (appears to be missing), the headliner etc...

Same! I'm going to have a list of things I check for as well. As a side note though, I posted the official dealer check-list on this form of what a dealer is SUPPOSE to check for with each new fusion sold before handing them off into the wild with their new owners. There may be a few items on there you want to add to your list.

Uhohs, my window sticker disapeared, lol - Hopefully a temporary glitch.

Not just yours:

Sorry, Window Stickers are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. If you see this message repeatedly, please contact a Dealer for assistance.

I don't have my sticker yet, but I'm getting a different error than I normally do. It looks like both sites are down.

• Like 1

Saw this post on fordfusionclub.com, Thought most of you here would be interested!!

11-09-2012, 08:51 PM #20

Charlee

Bicycle Rider

icon1.gif

I got a call from my dealer in the San Fernando Valley Wednesday and I was able to pick up my Fusion Hybrid yesterday. Everyone on this board is going to be very happy when you get your vehicle. When I pulled into work this morning, the first question was "Is that a BMW?". In my opinion, any concerns expressed in the reviews are non-issues. Brakes are great, trunk room is very good, no problem with front end clearance, etc. The Sync and MyFord Touch are easy to use. Any feature that is different (like the turn indicator) is easily adapted to. I had to drive 205 miles to get the car, so I had that amount of time with my Fusion on the drive home last night. I drove it aggressively after the first 30 miles and was at 73 mph most of the time, even up long, steep grades (I don't use speed control). This was hard on the mpg: I only got 32 mpg for the trip. This was disappointing, but the car only had three miles on it and I'm sure needs some breaking in. It appears the green leaves don't like speeds over 65 mph.

The car is very quiet, even when the engine was working hard going up steep grades. Regular acceleration is good, not great, but acceleration at higher speeds is very good. The key takes some getting used to. It is narrow and knowing the right orientation for inserting it doesn't come naturally. The windshield wipers are hinged at the outer edges of the windshield and keep it entirely clear except for the area behind the rearview mirror. Their offset motion is surprising at first.

Mine is White Platinum with a Dune leather interior (if only black was available I wouldn't have bought it), with the Luxury and Technology package. I also got the Moonroof and the Luxury wheels. I highly recommend all these options, especially the wheels. My only real complaint now is I think the Owner's Manual is poorly done. It has very few pictures and seems to have been written by Microsoft with an almost useless index.

I placed my order with my closest dealer back in September. They didn't even give me a build date until this past Wednesday. 12 days ago, the web site of the dealer in Woodland Hills listed that they had the exact same car (I feel extremely lucky for that) arriving last week. They had to hold it (for a reason nobody seems to know) until yesterday before I could drive it home.

Edited by chuckokie36
  • Like 2

The VIN entered was not found in our system. VIN requested is 3FA6P0H95DR174196.

:(

I want my window sticker so bad....

My sticker popped up on 11/9 and yours is still not available. With you having a build date of 11/14 - I would think you would have it by now. My date is 11/17. Edited by hermans