Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

The VIN entered was not found in our system. VIN requested is 3FA6P0H95DR174196.

:(

I want my window sticker so bad....

Did you put a deposit down? If not you can just call the dealer and tell them you changed your mind. If you did put a deposit down I'm not sure. I would think you'd be able to tell them that it's taking too long and you want your deposit back, but I don't know the rules there. I told my dealer I wasn't prepared to put a deposit down so they waived it for me.

It was my car that was bumped to the 17th. My VIN ends in 174033 so we are close. I haven't been able to pull up my sticker yet, but I'm told the build date comes shortly after the sticker is available. The orders update every Thursday as they move through the system. The updates should be available either today or Friday.

I did not put down a deposit. The dealer said no deposit required, if you don't take the car we could sell it really fast.

Edited by hermans
  • Like 1

Yeah, you can cancel at any time, there's nothing holding you to it. You probably put in a small deposit. But, you can get that back. The dealer should be nice, though it's not always the case, they could get upset, although they'd have no problem to re-sell the car off the lot anyways. And work with you on another order or something else if you've changed your mind completely.

-

I'm 172767, should be close indeed. :D

Edited by -Strike-

Up until you drive off the lot with it.

This is something I try to subtly remind my dealer about, but we both sort of have a mutual agreed destruction pact on because I'm actually getting better pricing by going through the Fleet sales than with x-plan pricing (I've built it on the Ford Partners website to get those numbers). It's the one thing keeping me from going to pick one from a lot.

So my sales guy replied back to me with the following info. Certainly seems plausible and fits in with some of the other stuff we have been hearing. My sales guy is a straight shooter so I think he's telling me what he knows. I'm committed. I've waited this long what's another month or so.

Sorry for the delay, I was trying to research this for you. From what I have found out they are having some supplier problems in Mexico where the Ford Assembly plant is, so what they are doing is shipping the almost completed vehicles to Michigan for the final touches. I haven't heard if that's going to cause a big delay. I'll keep you up to date on this. I'm still hoping for a November Delivery so I can use this towards my unit counts.

If it is something as simple as headlights, and Flatrock has them, why don't they just ship the headlights to MX for installation so that the cars can be shipped to the dealers from there, rather than ship the cars halfway across the continent, then ship to the dealers from there. If the cars are being shipped to Flatrock just for headlights, it seems like a terrible waste of time, resources, and money. Again, that's if Flatrock does in fact have headlights....

I don't ship my refrigerator to the store to put food in it. I bring the food to the fridge!

Edited by jsellar
  • Like 1

The supplier can only produce so many headlights and they need a lot to keep the line running. So they may only have an extra 1500 per week. They need to get the backlogged vehicles out of the way so they don't interfere with the new ones and it will be several weeks until all of the vehicles have their headlights replaced. Since they have space and trained certified workers available in Flat Rock it solves 2 problems at once.

The supplier can only produce so many headlights and they need a lot to keep the line running. So they may only have an extra 1500 per week. They need to get the backlogged vehicles out of the way so they don't interfere with the new ones and it will be several weeks until all of the vehicles have their headlights replaced. Since they have space and trained certified workers available in Flat Rock it solves 2 problems at once.

I agree. The supplier can ship headlights to both places. Essentially killing two birds with one stone. Then you have complete vehicles shipping from two locations.

• Like 2

I agree! I suppose i was thinking that they could likely find space closer to the MX plant, but I realized that they wouldn't have guys in a golf cart going from car to car in the huge lot just installing the lights. They'd need to run them though the plant. Obviously I'm guilty of not thinking straight because I'm too eager to get the order right away! ...patience, grasshopper...

If it is an issue with just the supply of the headlights, and not the quality of the headlights, i would be a little surprised. I was at the dealer last night and turned on the headlights and fog lights to see what theylooked like, and the fog lights looked bright and clear, but the headlights actually looked yellower and dimmer than the fogs. I was a little surprised/disappointed. I even left them in for a few minutes just in case it was a case of needing them to "warm up". Wondering if there is an issue with the intensity of the lights and that is what they are correcting.

Perhaps it's both, Imp. It could be that they received a batch of headlights that weren't up to quality. They decided instead of completely halting production, to go forward, and produce the cars, and then wait for the revised headlights to be installed at Flat Rock. Again, this is just my best educated guess based on all the little "rumors" we are hearing on what the issue is.

• Like 1

Perhaps it's both, Imp. It could be that they received a batch of headlights that weren't up to quality. They decided instead of completely halting production, to go forward, and produce the cars, and then wait for the revised headlights to be installed at Flat Rock. Again, this is just my best educated guess based on all the little "rumors" we are hearing on what the issue is.

I'm guessing this is what happened. They inspect new vehicles closely and if they find a problem they do a batch and hold until it can be corrected. The supply problem is due to needing to fix the previously produced vehicles while also keeping the line running at full speed.

I'm guessing this is what happened. They inspect new vehicles closely and if they find a problem they do a batch and hold until it can be corrected. The supply problem is due to needing to fix the previously produced vehicles while also keeping the line running at full speed.

Maybe another clue that helps corroborate this is that from what I've seen on other threads, the VIN and build week normally gets assigned/scheduled about 1-2 weeks in advance, right? Well my pending order just got a VIN number assigned and build week of Dec 3rd which is *4* weeks away, so I guess they can't very well schedule things for 1-2 weeks away if the lots are all full of existing vehicles that need QC actions, so they gotta ship those things somewhere to keep the line moving I guess.

Maybe another clue that helps corroborate this is that from what I've seen on other threads, the VIN and build week normally gets assigned/scheduled about 1-2 weeks in advance, right? Well my pending order just got a VIN number assigned and build week of Dec 3rd which is *4* weeks away, so I guess they can't very well schedule things for 1-2 weeks away if the lots are all full of existing vehicles that need QC actions, so they gotta ship those things somewhere to keep the line moving I guess.

My order was accepted by the factory on 10/5 my VIN was assigned on 10/20 and my build date is set for 11/17. I've been told by a factory rep that once the Monroney sticker appears the car is built a short time later. I have yet to receive my sticker. I don't expect to see it until next week.

Just got my sticker this morning, so the car must still be on track for the Monday build.

I can't believe how long it took for your order to go through. You only ordered your car 3 days after me. Crazy how these things work out. You will probably receive your car before me since I'm stuck with this potential quality control issue...

Haha yeah. I also had the issue with my dealer submitting the Y-Spoke wheels on the order, which were on late avail. And when it wasn't scheduled for so long, I got them to pull it up again and make sure. I couldn't find my order confirmation sheet, and the dealer kept assuring me everything was on track with what we ordered. Turns out a couple weeks ago, they pulled it up for me when I was there inquiring about adding the package, and the Machined aluminum wheels infact were submitted. It was about a week after it was changed, I got my VIN lol

They should make those two wheel options differ in sound a little bit, Y and H seemed to get mixed up apparently on the phone a few times?

I guess in a way it could have been a good thing having to wait that time, while the wrong wheels were on material hold/late avil, and I may not be affected by the quality control issue -- I guess we'll find out soon enough ;/