Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Just got a call from my dealer. Mine arrived in Chicago yesterday via train from MX and is being transferred to a truck to be hauled to Minneapolis. Supposed to arrive at the dealer by 11/22. Still crossing my fingers it actually shows up but I'm feeling pretty good about it being close. Hopefully it doesn't head to Flat Rock instead...

Just got a call from my dealer. Mine arrived in Chicago yesterday via train from MX and is being transferred to a truck to be hauled to Minneapolis. Supposed to arrive at the dealer by 11/22. Still crossing my fingers it actually shows up but I'm feeling pretty good about it being close. Hopefully it doesn't head to Flat Rock instead...

What was your production date and original ETA?

Probably on the same truck as my car (going to Tomah).

Yeah, I had an order mix up on mine with the wrong wheels, delaying the process for a long time, as they were on late avail. Once that was cleared up, things moved along quickly. It should work in my favor too, and may not be affected by the earlier issues.

Good to hear yours is built, shipped and getting close! I can only hope mine was built Monday, and shipped already. Just have a funny feeling it was pushed back, ETIS Data hasn't updated yet for my build date. Still expecting the worst. But, I could end up seeing the car before the end of the month, if not the first week of Dec. if the build/ship went as planned. If not, hopefully before Christmas, as I don't want any holiday delays or plant shut downs!

If shipping is on the right track, a lot of times they arrive before the actual ETA, so keep them fingers crossed, gfusion!

Edited by -Strike-

Yeah, I had an order mix up on mine with the wrong wheels, delaying the process for a long time, as they were on late avail. Once that was cleared up, things moved along quickly. It should work in my favor too, and may not be affected by the earlier issues.

Good to hear yours is built, shipped and getting close! I can only hope mine was built Monday, and shipped already. Just have a funny feeling it was pushed back, ETIS Data hasn't updated yet for my build date. Still expecting the worst. But, I could end up seeing the car before the end of the month, if not the first week of Dec. if the build/ship went as planned. If not, hopefully before Christmas, as I don't want any holiday delays or plant shut downs!

If shipping is on the right track, a lot of times they arrive before the actual ETA, so keep them fingers crossed, gfusion!

Strike, ETIS does not load with your info until after your car is built. I would check ETIS again either Thursday PM or on Friday. Edited by hermans
  • Like 1

On the way back from my VA appointment I stopped at a dealer that had a hybrid the color I wanted, but not the equipment. The salesperson said that they just got it in yesterday. I asked him to look up the build and shipping details. The car took 18 days from the day it was built. There is hope out there.

• Like 2

I check every few hours haha. I'm kind of sad in a way. The wait for this car is my life right now! :P

LOL I hear that. In some ways having this forum is making the wait worse, because my mind is always on this car and I can always come here and read more about it. I'm usually good at letting go of things until it's showtime, but not this time. I really do want my car :)

• Like 3

Yep, it's normal right now, it'll come up and give you that name, and a "build date" of like 30.11.0002, and a Transit Connect 2002-. Once your car is built, and in the system, the information will be updated, and you'll see a bunch of cool info on options and such, it'll even show it's actual build date. However, it will still be a Transit Connect for what ever reason :P

it does make me think that somewhere there is a list and process graph of how you should next obsess waiting for your new car. it would include things like the two window sticker links

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

that i googled foe then found on cyberdman's sig, then things like the ETIS

http://www.etis.ford.com/selectedVehicleDetails.do

This is very disconcerting then.

According to my dealer, my car was built 11/7/12. According to ETIS (yes, it's a transit connect), it was built on 6/11/2012. Which, as I type this, I'm realizing it's probably using the non-US form of dating, which would be November 6th.

Either way, my car is still waiting for a fricken train. Driving me crazy.