Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Well, even though they take a percent of my paycheck out for it, it's not "my" car. There's good and bad to that.

I guess it will be a popular fleet vehicle, as a 2013 Fusion with Nationwide Insurance logos all over it passed by on I-95 yesterday... and thus far I have seen one Yellow Cab that's a 2013 Fusion, see many in the DC area that are 2010-2012 Fusion.

I've had my car almost four weeks now and got a call earlier in the week to pick up my license plates. Went to get them yesterday and saw a car that appeared to be exactly like mine and it was -- it was my TBD! I tracked that VIN so many times I'll probably never forget it. I knew it had been shipped, but didn't know the ETA. It was cleaned up and looked like it might be ready for delivery. Glad it finally arrived after ordering it 8/31.

Are you kidding? His locator thread has had 1,877 views, we should ALL track his railcar!!

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX906756 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Jan-30-2013, 19:00 MT.

ETA Feb-15-2013.

Here are instructions that I copied from a prior post and saved to an email in case I needed it for my shipment, have seen comments from others that yes it works, so give it a try.

Here's how to track your ETTX railcar.

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352

2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.

3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)

4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

This should be added to the vehicle locator forum... It worked for me as my latest update did have a car # from Cyberdman.

• Like 1

Today in Toronto we got around 25-35cm of snow within a day and a half period. Needless to say the city was in chaos with over 200 car accidents reported. My commute to work in the morning was terrifying as the low rolling resistance tires offered little grip in the piles of snow they were subjected to. The cars low height didn't help things as snow was rubbing on the underside and front end worrying me further about all the components under the car. The high torque electric motor was hard to gauge how fast my tires were spinning as its virtually silent and at one point I could smell a little rubber burning as me and my car struggled to get out of the snow.

I would say handing with the 2013 Fusion Hybrid in snow is a smidgen better than any other car out there. Possibly a little worse as it offered little feedback as I slipped on ice and struggled to get into my parking space that the land lord has yet to clear. I gave up and parked on the street after my neighbor was kind enough to lend me a shovel to dig a place for it to be parked.

The high torque electric motor was hard to gauge how fast my tires were spinning as its virtually silent and at one point I could smell a little rubber burning as me and my car struggled to get out of the snow.

Um if anything, you where smelling the brakes on the car as the traction control was trying to get grip

Man - you guys have been through hell. I've read all 1000+ posts here. If I had ordered last year I would have been as anxious and eventually pissed as most of you were. I also wish I never would get this interested in a brand new model because I never want the first few months production of any car of any maker. I think this is very typical - you just don't see it or hear about it if it isn't a model you are buying.

My partner just ordered a new one yesterday though - 2013 - Ti - loaded, black. There was only one like it in 300 miles or so and that dealer wouldn't trade it. I do hope most of the issues have been resolved on the floor of the factory or will be easy to fix later with a recall with the dealer. I have to say the looks of this car are incredible and while some people complain about too many menus and confusion with MFT - it is those bells and whistles and integration that will sway me from one brand to another.

The dealer we finally bought from (we went to 3 and I'm not sure how the first 2 ever sell a single car) was very good. They told us that Ford updates their dealer facing systems twice a week - Tuesday and Friday and they check both days. When there is a change in the car they will notify us. All the way up to shipping. I hope they live up to that now that they have the order.

Well I guess miracles do happen... My dealer just called and my car was just dropped off from the carrier and is getting washed & prepped!!! Not bad as the build date was 2/7 & the dealer is in Long Beach. Can't wait to pick it up and of course post a couple of photos.