New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

Sorry for the delay in pictures. Here is my 2013 Fusion Ti, which as you can tell will be pretty unique. I was going to order mine with the 19" H-Spoke rims along with adaptive cruise and drivers assistance. When I went last Saturday, they had one coming in with adaptive cruise, drivers assistance, moon roof and the parking aid, but with the standard 18" Ti rims. After mulling it over, I decided the wheels could easily be replaced. I did some research, and another dealer was selling the "Motorcraft" version of the SE Appearance wheels for $200 each. Since it was the same size as the stock order, I had them swap the tires and tpms for me. Best. Decision. Ever!

The car ended up coming in the following Monday, and I placed an order on Monday for the wheels. Wheels came in Friday and sealed the deal on Saturday. I only have 65 miles on it right now, so not much for impressions just yet.

post-48409-0-26296800-1358772486_thumb.jpg

post-48409-0-00420000-1358772493_thumb.jpg

post-48409-0-84794700-1358772497_thumb.jpg

post-48409-0-72002500-1358772502_thumb.jpg

post-48409-0-25677100-1358772507_thumb.jpg

post-48409-0-01937000-1358772512_thumb.jpg

post-48409-0-16731700-1358772518_thumb.jpg

post-48409-0-88285600-1358772522_thumb.jpg

post-48409-0-47837100-1358772527_thumb.jpg

post-48409-0-36792500-1358772532_thumb.jpg

Guest CuseGunner

Quick introduction. 2013 Titanium AWD,Sterling grey, "stock." Traded in my 2004 a4 with 128k miles that gave me nothing but trouble. So far, I'm really enjoying this car. My only concern is the mpg. I'm averaging around 18 mpg combined with about 60% city driving. I hope this improves. Sorry about the pics, I'll post some better ones, when weather gets a little nicer.

post-49237-0-08853200-1358782957_thumb.jpg

post-49237-0-74150000-1358783015_thumb.jpg

post-49237-0-46559300-1358783059_thumb.jpg

post-49237-0-60681700-1358783094_thumb.jpg

Impression so far of my Titanium:

Pros:

• This car is extremely quiet, almost eerie to not hear much of the outside
  • Interior quality is great. I checked the headliner, no issues there like some have seen. The doors and dash are nice and soft, making it very comfortable to put you arm up on the window.
  • Engine is very smooth. Taking off from a stop is very responsive.
  • MFT has not been an issue at all, updated to version 3.5.1 myself, though the transitions between screens could be a little be quicker
  • Fit and finish is very good
  • Handling it awesome. Took it down some nice curvy back roads and felt good.
  • Love the adaptive cruise.
  • Transmission is smooth and can barely tell when it shifts, for the most part (see below)
  • Sony Radio is quite impressive. Gets loud and clear not even 1/2 way up.
  • Heated seats get much warmer than my '00 LS, definitely a plus
  • The looks I get when people see the car

Cons:

• Seems to hesitate between 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th (not sure which it is just yet, but definitely feel it sometimes), which leads me to...
  • I wish when in 'D' it shows which gear you are in when you have the tach up. It shows which gear you are in if you downshift for passing purposes but then disappears. Makes it hard to tell what gear you are in since it is usually very smooth.
  • Backup camera quality. Wish it was a bit higher resolution. Not that big of deal really, more of a nit pick than anything
  • Lane keeping doesn't seem to keep you in the lane as much as I anticipated, especially after watching the MKZ demo on Yahoo. Again, more of nitpick, and obviously it's not meant to do what the Yahoo demo did.

I think I might call the dealer on the hesitation on the upshift, which I think is happening between 3rd and 4th. Though I will go past the break in period and unplug the battery first to have the transmission re-learn my driving habits to see if that helps out. Has anyone else noticed the hesitation?

Also, when I did the MFT update, I stupidly deleted the files off the USB before going to syncmyride.com to confirm the update. Is there another way to do it? I tried to download the sync checker tool they have, but it says unsuccessful when uploading the file back to the site. Will the vehicle health report update that?

Also, when I did the MFT update, I stupidly deleted the files off the USB before going to syncmyride.com to confirm the update. Is there another way to do it? I tried to download the sync checker tool they have, but it says unsuccessful when uploading the file back to the site. Will the vehicle health report update that?

Yep, the health report will do it for you. Might take some time for the update to propagate through, it didn't show up right away on syncmyride for me.

I think I might call the dealer on the hesitation on the upshift, which I think is happening between 3rd and 4th. Though I will go past the break in period and unplug the battery first to have the transmission re-learn my driving habits to see if that helps out.

that?

Not sure I would unplug the battery. Unless you want to reprogram everything including your power windows. I could be wrong.

Impression so far of my Titanium:

Pros:

• This car is extremely quiet, almost eerie to not hear much of the outside
  • Interior quality is great. I checked the headliner, no issues there like some have seen. The doors and dash are nice and soft, making it very comfortable to put you arm up on the window.
  • Engine is very smooth. Taking off from a stop is very responsive.
  • MFT has not been an issue at all, updated to version 3.5.1 myself, though the transitions between screens could be a little be quicker
  • Fit and finish is very good
  • Handling it awesome. Took it down some nice curvy back roads and felt good.
  • Love the adaptive cruise.
  • Transmission is smooth and can barely tell when it shifts, for the most part (see below)
  • Sony Radio is quite impressive. Gets loud and clear not even 1/2 way up.
  • Heated seats get much warmer than my '00 LS, definitely a plus
  • The looks I get when people see the car

Cons:

• Seems to hesitate between 2nd and 3rd or 3rd and 4th (not sure which it is just yet, but definitely feel it sometimes), which leads me to...
  • I wish when in 'D' it shows which gear you are in when you have the tach up. It shows which gear you are in if you downshift for passing purposes but then disappears. Makes it hard to tell what gear you are in since it is usually very smooth.
  • Backup camera quality. Wish it was a bit higher resolution. Not that big of deal really, more of a nit pick than anything
  • Lane keeping doesn't seem to keep you in the lane as much as I anticipated, especially after watching the MKZ demo on Yahoo. Again, more of nitpick, and obviously it's not meant to do what the Yahoo demo did.

I think I might call the dealer on the hesitation on the upshift, which I think is happening between 3rd and 4th. Though I will go past the break in period and unplug the battery first to have the transmission re-learn my driving habits to see if that helps out. Has anyone else noticed the hesitation?

How did you do the 3.5.1 update yourself? I think I'd rather do that at this point because it's really hard to get down to the dealership to have them do it right now.

I followed this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1257774/tsb12-11-01.pdf

Just be aware that if you have navigation, you should take it to the dealer since they will need to switch the SD card that has the map data. Also, don't use this if you have a hybrid (general warning, I know you have a the 2.0 ecoboost Titanium Cam).

I think you can order a new nav card and do it yourself but I'm not sure where those instructions were posted.

I followed this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1257774/tsb12-11-01.pdf

Just be aware that if you have navigation, you should take it to the dealer since they will need to switch the SD card that has the map data. Also, don't use this if you have a hybrid (general warning, I know you have a the 2.0 ecoboost Titanium Cam).

Thanks! I don't have Nav so that's not a problem. I'll work on upgrading sometime this week.

Hmm that's news to me - I thought they were the same system. Are you saying it doesn't keep as well as the Lincoln system does?

I'm having issues using lane keeping as we'll. it doesn't seem to warn or assist for me. On safe conditions, with no cars around me I've let it drift out if the lane into another lane or the shoulder and got no warming or assist despite having the settings set for that.

I'm having issues using lane keeping as we'll. it doesn't seem to warn or assist for me. On safe conditions, with no cars around me I've let it drift out if the lane into another lane or the shoulder and got no warming or assist despite having the settings set for that.

Did you turn it on?

Did you turn it on?

When it's on, it should show this in the left LCD display (sorry about the photo quailty/white borders - I grabbed it from elsewhere):

lane.jpg

If you have the "car in lane" display, but the lane markers are grey, that means the system is on but it can't find the lane markers. Of course, this would be another situation where you wouldn't get any assists or warnings.

Hmm that's news to me - I thought they were the same system. Are you saying it doesn't keep as well as the Lincoln system does?

They are the same system, and it could very well be that the line markings and/or my window in front of the camera was dirty making it seem less responsive. I could definitely feel the wheel move me back into the lane after I crossed the line.

Well, driving home from work, the hesitation/surge seemed to get worst :(. It definitely occurs between 3/4 as on my way home I kept the radio off and paid close attention to each shift. Going to call the dealer, because this isn't normal. I think on my way to work tomorrow I will try to record it.