Ford $750 Coupon

hermans

Guest RRF985
I had trouble using my coupon.

I had the salesperson check VinCent (this was all done through email FYI) and she claimed it was there. I asked her, literally, 5 times via email - in different ways. Just to make absolutely sure.

Then it came to getting the purchase order for my lender to write the check (they don't cut blank checks). The salesperson couldn't do this, so the finance manager was put in charge of getting this together and faxing to my lender. 2 attempted faxes later, I requested it to be emailed. Never got it. Requested again, never got it. Called up audibly annoyed, Requested it to be faxed to me, and I'd go sit by the fax. Reluctantly, he sent it to me, and the numbers were off...he didn't include ANY rebates. Called him back, insisted he include rebates, and I started getting push back on the $750 coupon. I was told the entire time I didn't need a physical copy, as it was displaying in Vincent. He said it would make it much easier to use if I had a physical copy. LUCKY FOR ME, it came via email as a result of the brochers I had sent to my email. Took about 2-3 weeks to show up. Gave him the codes on it, he put them on the purchase order, but requested it be printed and brought it.

Just be VERY careful and explicit.

It's almost as if they didn't want to sell the car. I don't understand dealers that pull this BS. It only hurts their reputation.

@RRF -

I was thinking the same thing. I told the sales person if I come up there and they try to bait and switch me, I'd walk out in a heart beat. I told her I have plenty of competitive offers all over the state, that she was the fastest and the CURRENT lowest, so she got the sale. I hope they don't try to pull any shit tonight, because the check I got from my bank is for the EXACT amount on the purchase order they faxed.

And I'll trash their dealership all over the net. They actually have extremely good reviews online, so I'm not expecting there to be an issue.

I'm like a kid on Christmas night right now. I can't wait to get out of work, pick up my better half, and make my way up north to pick it up!

• Like 1

I can't imagine why they would lock it in...I don't necessarily want to play that card with the dealer and then they could possibly "stall" the delivery of my car in order to not take an extra $750 off my sticker...

Newsflash - the $750 comes from Ford not the dealer. It doesn't change the dealer's profit at all whether you get the rebate or not - so there is no reason that the dealer would not want you to get the $750.

Newsflash. That's cute. I understand the dealership isn't paying out the $750. But wouldn't it also benefit the dealership if Ford didn't have to lose $750 in profit?

Nope. It makes absolutely no difference to the dealership. Dealers are independent businesses.

• Like 1

I shared this in the progress on orders post but I wouldn't count on getting the rebate past the extension date. I called ford marketing with one week left in my rebate expiration and my car was off rail in mid transport with a hold on delivery eta. Ford marketing said they have never extended it and wouldn't for me either. I searched the ford website and changed zip codes searches to find my exact car at another dealers lot. My dealer made the trade for me to make the deadline. I closed on my car on the exact last day of expiration. That was close! My dealer was happy for me to get the extra rebate.

So I was freaking out about losing out on the $750 if I didn't get the car by tomorrow. So I called the Sales Manager and he said since I have a VIN and he saw that my car was in Jacksonville to be loaded on a hauler at we could sign the papers today. So all paperwork is done. Our Fusion should be in possibly as early as Monday. Can't wait. Great dealership experience. Duval Ford all the way.

It's all about the almighty dollar though. The less Ford pays the dealer the more the dealers get incentives from Ford.

That doesn't make any sense. Ford rebates are between Ford and the customer. Ford doesn't pay the dealers - dealers pay Ford for the vehicle and rebates don't change that price.

That doesn't make any sense. Ford rebates are between Ford and the customer. Ford doesn't pay the dealers - dealers pay Ford for the vehicle and rebates don't change that price.

This is reinforced when you sign the papers assigning the rebate TO the dealer at time of purchase...

Reminder get proof your $750 coupon is on your order. I was told it was and it wasn't...

Mt FFH has a 07/08/13 ETA and my $750 coupon expires 07/07/13. Hope my dealer takes it. It wasn't part of my original deal, just the usual rebates were listed on the order. I'm hoping the dealer will still honor the private cash. Guess I'll know soon...

Mt FFH has a 07/08/13 ETA and my $750 coupon expires 07/07/13. Hope my dealer takes it. It wasn't part of my original deal, just the usual rebates were listed on the order. I'm hoping the dealer will still honor the private cash. Guess I'll know soon...

Be proactive and tell them to guarantee the coupon regardless of arrival date (in writing)

Just make sure you watch for the exclusions, not being critical. Ford wants to move on hand inventory. So vehicles that are normally a special order, or high demand are excluded. I did appreciate the effort, could not use on Mustang GT 500, and plan on only buying one car this year. Hope you all have a great 4th weekend.

If you are a member of the American Quarter Horse Association for at least 60 days you can get a coupon for $500 off most Ford vehicles on top of any other rebates, specials etc.. It costs $40 for 3 years membership I believe. It's a $40 gamble against a $500 reward during the next 3 years. I anticipated buying and joined over a year ago. I saved $500 plus sales tax on my car minus the $40 so it was about $488 net savings.

If you are a member of the American Quarter Horse Association for at least 60 days you can get a coupon for $500 off most Ford vehicles on top of any other rebates, specials etc.. It costs $40 for 3 years membership I believe. It's a $40 gamble against a $500 reward during the next 3 years. I anticipated buying and joined over a year ago. I saved $500 plus sales tax on my car minus the $40 so it was about $488 net savings.

For the second time - it's not a $500 coupon - it's a X plan pin. At least that's what it used to be.

Well, the dealer kept it but it printed off just like a coupon and came with a unique coupon number as I recall. I guess it doesn't matter what one calls it so long as it works and one is called on time for dinner.

Edited by LDB415