Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Scratch that I am the first without ETIS info. The two before me were built yesterday. Mine should populate between today and tomorrow. Witch is good. I would rather be built on a Tuesday. Less likely to have any quality issues than cars built on a Friday or Monday.

It seems there are quite a few 3/25ers built already. I expect mine to show up later today or tomorrow also.

FYI, syncmyride.com recognizes my VIN now and it shows that my Hybrid Ti will come with Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1.

We are pleased to announce that you have a SYNC® software update available for immediate download. This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current SYNC system:

• Return of the outside air temperature to the 8-inch display
  • Updated phone process
  • Enhanced voice and screen destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
  • Simplified voice commands for music
  • Enhancements to voice recognition
  • Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

I see the same thing on mine. Recognizes my VIN too even though I'm not on ETIS yet.

My sales guy also wanted a check for $1.000 to prove I was serious

He said they wouldn't cash it and I could have the check back upon delivery

Anyone else have to do that ?

I gave a $500 check and was told it was not refundable. I was told they would cash it, but they have not.

I had to put down a 500 deposit, and they said I would get it back when the car came in>

I put down $32,000. No wait Ford did that, actually they have not done that yet, so really I have not put anything down. The last time I ordered a car (A Mercury Milan Hybrid) I did not put anything down and I ended up cancelling the order.

• Like 1

Hi I'm new here! By the way great boards with a wealth of information. Can you add me to your list? Ordered my HyTi on Mar. 8, 2013, found out yesterday through online chat I had a VIN - #3FA6P0RU5DR297175. From reading I guess next is the sticker, then build date?

Added you to the list :)

So am I reading this correct, that once a car gets to it's actual build date, then it get's done that day and onto a rail car the next day? If lucky and no problems?

After the vehicle is built and goes through the necessary quality inspections it's released from the plant for shipment. It hardly means that it's placed on a rail car the next day. There is a big shortage of rail cars and Fusions have sometimes been delayed for weeks or longer before actually leaving the plant on a rail car.

Joveri,

I am in Riverside, CA. So only about 90 minutes from you.

BTW, my dealer said it could take a week to 3 weeks to get the dealer code / order number?.... Seems like they would have that right after they put in the order. Or is that not correct?

The "Dealer Code" is fixed and assigned by Ford when the store became a Ford Dealer. The vehicle order number is assigned by the Dealer when the vehicle order is placed.

Same here, I left a $500 check and the sales manager said they wouldn't cash it. He said it just showed Ford that there is a serious buyer before they build your car

A deposit on a vehicle, ordered or otherwise, has nothing to do with Ford Motor Company. Even when there is an "Order Verification" program in place, the only documentation that a Dealer has to provide to Ford is a scanned copy of a purchase order along with the purchaser's Driver's License. At no time is record of a deposit required or reported to Ford. A deposit is an agreement only between the customer and their Dealer.

When I ordered my car the dealer printed out two copies of a document with the title of "VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION" that contained all of the details of my order. i.e. the base car, color, and all of the options. I was asked to verify that it was correct. I then signed both copies. They kept one and I kept one. That document has the dealer number and the order number on it.

Later data received from cyberdman, based on the dealer and order numbers, verified that my car had been ordered before I left the dealership.

I gave a $500 check and was told it was not refundable. I was told they would cash it, but they have not.

I had to put a check of 1000 down and the dealership did cash it.

I just really, REALLY hope that the Ruby Reds start building on 1 April. I will have a freaking fit if they get delayed again. Any one with a Ruby Red heard updates on their order?

Retail 2013 Fusion orders were given priority scheduling several weeks ago to the contrary of many reports online. Even according to this week's "Commodity & Constraints" letter to dealers, the notice is that Ruby Red paint scheduling is restricted to "Retail" orders. As such, there should be no production delays for retail orders with Ruby Red paint. Relax!

• Like 2

I just talked with a Ford rep about my car and the lack of dealership support that I still am getting! Unfortunately, the ford rep I talked with wasnt the ford rep for the dealership that I ordered through. :-( They are going to pass on whats been going on to the ford rep for my dealership. I guess its one rep for many small dealerships as the dealership that I ordered out of is a select dealership.

Aside from that I did find out that my car is 100 percent rolling down the line currently. It went on this morning and should finish up tomorrow. I dont know when it will show up in ETIS though. I am wondering adding features adds in build time and because my car is fully loaded, the build time is the longest.

Mine is a retail order. Its was ordered 12/18/12 and built 2/19/13. Its been sitting on the lot in Mexico since 2/20, with no action at all until I contacted Customer Service and finally got the regional CSM to place a case number and priority on the VIN. I'll see this week IF it finally gets loaded on the train, but I find it hard to believe that "Retail 2013 Fusions were put on priority several weeks ago". If thats the case why is my order still sitting on the lot 5 weeks after it was built?????

I just really, REALLY hope that the Ruby Reds start building on 1 April. I will have a freaking fit if they get delayed again. Any one with a Ruby Red heard updates on their order?

Not to bust your bubble, but I just got word that my "Schedule to Week of 4/1" just got bumped to 4/15. JD - UPDATE SPREADSHEET PLEASE.