MKZ Update

In the MKZ build thread someone posted their sales rep informed them vehicles are being routed to Flat Rock. I was quick to reply the most up-to-date information (dealer bulletin dated Jan 16) indicated only early builds were re-routed to Flat Rock, and current productions models including future pre-orders were not scheduled to be re-routed (at least the bulletin did not indicate). Well, the latest bulletin dated Jan 25 seems to introduce the possiblity that all cars in production will be re-routed. An excerpt of the bulletin is below:

"...our strategy is to divert the next five weeks of Lincoln production (week of 1/28 through week of 2/25) to Flat Rock for the final quality inspection. This plan will allow us to get caught up on all of the remaining units being held in Hermosillo in a shorter period of time. For retail orders scheduled for the weeks of 2/4 and 2/11, we are considering doing the final inspection in Hermosillo to minimize wait time for your clients. We will update you on our plan as soon as it is finalized".

I will post any additional information when it becomes available.

In the MKZ build thread someone posted their sales rep informed them vehicles are being routed to Flat Rock. I was quick to reply the most up-to-date information (dealer bulletin dated Jan 16) indicated only early builds were re-routed to Flat Rock, and current productions models including future pre-orders were not scheduled to be re-routed (at least the bulletin did not indicate). Well, the latest bulletin dated Jan 25 seems to introduce the possibility that all cars in production will be re-routed. An excerpt of the bulletin is below:

"...our strategy is to divert the next five weeks of Lincoln production (week of 1/28 through week of 2/25) to Flat Rock for the final quality inspection. This plan will allow us to get caught up on all of the remaining units being held in Hermosillo in a shorter period of time. For retail orders scheduled for the weeks of 2/4 and 2/11, we are considering doing the final inspection in Hermosillo to minimize wait time for your clients. We will update you on our plan as soon as it is finalized".

I will post any additional information when it becomes available.

Wow, back and forth....... Thanks for keeping us updated!!!

As I said in then other threads, the Feb 4th orders are pushed to the 9th. The dealer orders from earlier in the month are not being released to the dealers yet, signaling build issues that may be the reason for the feb 4th date being pushed back again. Quite frankly they seem a company in utter disarray. I really don't have much faith in Lincoln or Ford anymore even though I am still going to let the order stand.

As I said in then other threads, the Feb 4th orders are pushed to the 9th. The dealer orders from earlier in the month are not being released to the dealers yet, signaling build issues that may be the reason for the feb 4th date being pushed back again. Quite frankly they seem a company in utter disarray. I really don't have much faith in Lincoln or Ford anymore even though I am still going to let the order stand.

It seems like they are in disarray because you're not privy to all of the work going on behind the scenes. There have been a multitude of problems causing the dates to keep getting pushed out but behind the scenes I'm sure it is very organized. They just don't want the public to see everything going on behind the scenes. That info could be very valuable to competitors so they keep it close to the vest.

As someone else said - you don't necessarily want to see the inside of the sausage factory.

It seems like they are in disarray because you're not privy to all of the work going on behind the scenes. There have been a multitude of problems causing the dates to keep getting pushed out but behind the scenes I'm sure it is very organized. They just don't want the public to see everything going on behind the scenes. That info could be very valuable to competitors so they keep it close to the vest.

As someone else said - you don't necessarily want to see the inside of the sausage factory.

You said it. "multitude of problems". That is what worries me, but I do like that at least they are trying to solve them before delivery and not through recall like with the recent Ford's.

Ahh . . the distant memory "Coming Late Fall 2012" . . . .

Edited by xgman

I dont think there are any new build issues that recently came into the fray. My understanding from reading the dealer launch updates is that a final quality inspection was being done in Mexico for all the Jan builds, and then a bottlneck occurred whereby there were not able to keep up w/ the current production AND final quality inspect on-site. Hence, the reason for the diversion to Flat Rock for the final quality inspection...to get back on track for the upcoming production schedule and remove the backlog.

But isn't the backlog with the Fusion's not with the MKZ's i mean they only made like 900 of them this month. So to penalize the Pre-Order MKZ customers because they have 10,000 plus Fusions all trying to get out of Hermasillo is not appropriate. Now having said that I go back and forth on whether I would rather be delayed in receiving the car or getting the car but having to take it in for repairs. My personal case is that I would rather receive the car because I have already sold my old car and I need transportation. If I have to take it in for repairs I will get a loaner car. I am really hoping that Lincoln does the right thing and do all QA in Mexico for Pre -Orders. In regards to all orders being pushed to 9 FEB 13 mine was supposed to be scheduled to day 2-7 and I have not heard any change from that.

But isn't the backlog with the Fusion's not with the MKZ's i mean they only made like 900 of them this month. So to penalize the Pre-Order MKZ customers because they have 10,000 plus Fusions all trying to get out of Hermasillo is not appropriate.

They only have one factory so while it may not seem appropriate that's the reality of the situation. We've already established there have been MKZ problems in addition to the Fusion problems. It's frustrating but they're doing the best they can given the screw-ups that have already occurred.

Has anyone else ordered the Multi-Contour seats with their MKZ and has anyone heard what the latest status is with them? That's what I ordered and I'm quite confident that's the delay in my pre-order not being issued a VIN or build date yet. For those who say you can't order them yet it's option 66C in the order bank...

Has anyone else ordered the Multi-Contour seats with their MKZ and has anyone heard what the latest status is with them? That's what I ordered and I'm quite confident that's the delay in my pre-order not being issued a VIN or build date yet. For those who say you can't order them yet it's option 66C in the order bank...

Sorry no, I did not order the multi contour seats Stent

They only have one factory so while it may not seem appropriate that's the reality of the situation. We've already established there have been MKZ problems in addition to the Fusion problems. It's frustrating but they're doing the best they can given the screw-ups that have already occurred.

All the continued launch problems are puzzling in that the MKZ uses tried and true 6 speed auto, EB 2.0, and 3.7L V6. Nothing problematic there. MKS uses the adjustable susspension. That leaves the retractable top and touch pad gear shift. Add in the good reputation for build quality that Hermosillo has, and experience dealing with 2013 Fusion and problems encountered with its launch. If anything, the launch of the MKZ has been worse and much slower than even the Fusion. After many months, Hermosillo I believe is still only producing about 350 MKZ's/week when it should be closer to 1,000/week when launch is fully ramped up whenever that will be.

Went and checked out a new MKZ V6 at a close dealership. It was good to get into the interior and re familiarize myself with all the buttons and layout. We really have chosen a very nicely laid out car inside. I love the telescoping steering wheel and driver seat moving back and up when you open the door to allow for easy exit. I love the console in the middle so clean and easy to lay your entire forearm and hand on it. The seats are awesome and you can really feel the lumbar support when adjusted. It is amazing to me that as a six foot tall guy, in the front seat I don't feel cramped at all. Now that is entirely different in the back seat where my head is hitting the headliner and i have no leg room. I was interested to note that the V6 did have spare tire, so I guess it is just the Hybrid cars that don't have the spare. The back is really sleek looking and i was telling another guy to step on the brakes so I could see that line of LED's light up. Man that is going to look good at night! I wanted to try out the MLT and ambient lighting but they would not let me start it up inside and the battery was low on charge. Anyway just my two cents, would be interested in what features you all think are awesome and not so awesome.

Staring to arrive on the east coast. I spotted this example at a dealership in Alexandria, VA. It's a V6 with the normal sunroof and the price is $45,995. It has all the tech stuff on it.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3LN6L2GK9DR802200

Also, the dealer had plenty of Fusions, so I'd say is whatever is going on in Hermosillo and Flat Rock is working itself out.

post-34395-0-71265800-1360512809_thumb.jpg

post-34395-0-39010400-1360512828_thumb.jpg

Hey if you want to watch another mkz YouTube here it is http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=by7G5ad3w1M&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dby7G5ad3w1M

I think I've watch all the MKZ videos at least 3-5 times each. That's how bad it is for me :runaway:

That camthegreat one is pretty amateurish but it's a good watch. I actually liked it as well as his Fusion one. Bigtrucks reviews is probably the funniest. Watch the night and then day one. Oh and if you have time, watch his Tesla S one.