2013 MKZ Tracking

If you're tracking another car with a VIN, check with the dealer to see if it's been spoken for and get your name in there if it hasn't. As for the Bespoke gift? Not sure about that, and I'll find out. As for the gift card? I figure that's also pain & suffering for the wait.

Wow!!! (mad) 20 L2L 3LN6L2LU7DR807659 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 4108c (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-11-2013, 23:18 MT *Feb-25-2013

Same stuck in place status since it was built a month ago. In fact the other 2 cars I have been tracking as possible replacements were also built on February 2nd and are also still sitting as of today in the exact same stuck status. After all the bal bla bla from Ford about the multiple delays, the idea that these cars (and Tanners etc) could be sitting idle for a month after production without so much as a status update is completely mind boggling to me. I really don't know what to do at this point. I feel like I need to go back and start from scratch and eliminate Ford from my radar. I mean how much longer do you think this will really take? At this point nothing would surprise me. I'm seriously considering the possibility that these cars won't get delivered till May or even June! It just defies all logic.

Wow!!! (mad) 20 L2L 3LN6L2LU7DR807659 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 4108c (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Feb-11-2013, 23:18 MT *Feb-25-2013

Same stuck in place status since it was built a month ago. In fact the other 2 cars I have been tracking as possible replacements were also built on February 2nd and are also still sitting as of today in the exact same stuck status. After all the bal bla bla from Ford about the multiple delays, the idea that these cars (and Tanners etc) could be sitting idle for a month after production without so much as a status update is completely mind boggling to me. I really don't know what to do at this point. I feel like I need to go back and start from scratch and eliminate Ford from my radar. I mean how much longer do you think this will really take? At this point nothing would surprise me. I'm seriously considering the possibility that these cars won't get delivered till May or even June! It just defies all logic.

Concur. My order is apparently sitting in the same back row of ramp 54 as yours.

To: mkztracker-

"Note: to be discontinued March 1 - many of the original trackers had ETA's before the end of Feb. These cars will likely be delivered well into March. It wasnt my intention to track mkz's indefinately for everyone. Beginning March 1 people will have to use Cyberdman's weekly tracking, or contact Lincoln for updates with greater frequency."

Well, mkztracker, thank you for all you've done so far, but it would appear that your decision to stop providing the tracking service merely reflects the larger attitude of all of Lincoln! If you're tired of a process that's gone on longer than you anticipated, imagine the feeling of Lincoln's pre-order customers. I know you're not responsible for this delay but you've given information and a little hope 3 days a week. And go to Cyberdman?? Really?? Have you read his rants? It isn't worth the verbal abuse if you step outside his lines!

Is there any possibility you can find someone to take over for you? Someone like you, who is without the attitude? Could you set up a chain of folks who give assistance for awhile and then turn it over to someone else? Unfortunately, if you read between the lines here, you'll see the concern that this may go on for awhile until Lincoln gets their act together … an act that has stunned us all by the time it's taking to do just that. Thanks again.

P.S.

I sent this as an email to mkztracker in case he/she no longer reads posts here.

Edited by Dedonut

Has anyone's car moved this week? Is there anything further we could do to get answers? Ford doesn't even have email addresses working.

Found the same. I previously had email connectivity.

I contacted Edmonds for a follow up article about our plight.

I wrote a snail mail letter yesterday as well.

I offered to pick my order up if Ford completed the customs and other required forms.

As an aside, I havenpt seen the MKZ specific adds in my area lately.

L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807891 Mkz Awaiting Shipment Sent Offsite - 15-lag (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-26-2013, 04:01 MT Mar-01-2013

Don't think there's any change here either. Still have a Mar. 1st delivery date so I assume they'll be flying it up instead of trucking it!! And I wonder what 15-lag means (other than a possible reference to days behind the delivery date). I don't see that notation on any other updates.

Perhaps Mark, Tatonka, and I will end up with a Classic … kind of like the Edsel … not many out there.

Edited by Dedonut

Well, mkztracker, thank you for all you've done so far, but it would appear that your decision to stop providing the tracking service merely reflects the larger attitude of all of Lincoln! If you're tired of a process that's gone on longer than you anticipated, imagine the feeling of Lincoln's pre-order customers. I know you're not responsible for this delay but you've given information and a little hope 3 days a week. And go to Cyberdman?? Really?? Have you read his rants? It isn't worth the verbal abuse if you step outside his lines!

Is there any possibility you can find someone to take over for you? Someone like you, who is without the attitude? Could you set up a chain of folks who give assistance for awhile and then turn it over to someone else? Unfortunately, if you read between the lines here, you'll see the concern that this may go on for awhile until Lincoln gets their act together … an act that has stunned us all by the time it's taking to do just that. Thanks again.

P.S.

I sent this as an email to mkztracker in case he/she no longer reads posts here.

you can call lincoln customer service as often as you would like and they'll provide you with the same tracking information.

Has anyone else been assigned to a Ford regional sales filed rep like I have? If so, what are they saying? Mine seems as frustrated as am over this and can't get any response from management yet on this. If that is the case in other regions, it's not likely we will easily get any further answers anytime soon.

(I pray for the day that I never have to see "Awaiting Shipment Origin Received" AGAIN!! EVER!!!)

Edited by xgman

Yes XG I was assigned to a guy named Wendall, but he is not returning my emails anymore, nor is Kevin. I guess they are assigning personnel at the Customer Care center now because every time I call they route me to the same person.

To another post earlier, I have reached out to the Detroit Free Press about this situation and am waiting on a call back from one of their reporters soon, hopefully.

I also just sent another email to Alan Mullaly on my car and requested assistance.

Yes XG I was assigned to a guy named Wendall, but he is not returning my emails anymore, nor is Kevin. I guess they are assigning personnel at the Customer Care center now because every time I call they route me to the same person.

To another post earlier, I have reached out to the Detroit Free Press about this situation and am waiting on a call back from one of their reporters soon, hopefully.

I also just sent another email to Alan Mullaly on my car and requested assistance.

No, I mean through your dealer, there is a Ford rep that handles things like this. He should be local to your general area. You should reach out through the GM or Sales Manager at your dealer and insist on starting an investigation case. One of these field reps should be able to get some answers at some point.

Despite the salutations dedonut your posts, including your initial request, seem a bit crass. You want them to set up a chain of people to track your vehicle so they can soothe the neuoris casued by your car calamity? And providing customer service your information to get tracking data is such an inconvenience that they should devote time to providing you with one-click away status updates? I wouldn't have thought their generosity the past several weeks would be met with hostility when they discountinued providing these updates.

Edited by markd4864

Wow - and you complain about cyberdman being rude?

You all should be thanking mkztracker for the assistance he's provided thus far, not complaining when he stops.

I cannot speak for anyone other than myself, but I am extremely grateful for what MKZ has done for me. I have really appreciated his volunteering and stepping up to address a need which no one in LMC was doing for us. Regardless of the tracking, I hope he continues to visit the forums and keeps in touch.

Ok I am off to get my rental car, as I sold my old car last night.

Gee, kirby, haven't seen you in a while. Do you only come back in to play defense or are you related to cyberdman? And if you read well, I opened and closed with my thanks.

I hate to see people who VOLUNTEER their own time to provide assistance outside their normal jobs be treated with anything other than full respect and gratitude. I don't think you understand how much of a burden this can become when you have 10 or 20 or 30 people wanting info at the same time. Cyberdman has rules so that he can provide updates efficiently without having to read 3 pages of posts every day.

I cannot speak for anyone other than myself, but I am extremely grateful for what MKZ has done for me. I have really appreciated his volunteering and stepping up to address a need which no one in LMC was doing for us. Regardless of the tracking, I hope he continues to visit the forums and keeps in touch.

Ok I am off to get my rental car, as I sold my old car last night.

Ditto

Thanks again mark