2013 MKZ Tracking

Mine went an off-ste location a second time and returned later that day and was shipped out just before midnight.

Here's a pic of the off-site location. Not many cars there now. At one time both lots were full.

post-48873-0-38319200-1364253545_thumb.jpg

Edited by hermans
  • Like 1

Mine went an off-ste location a second time and returned later that day and was shipped out just before midnight.

Here's a pic of the off-site location. Not many cars there now. At one time both lots were full.

Mine must be there somewhere! Or so I'm told. Or I'm stuck on the ramp from the holding area to the shipping container or something. All I know is that it is NOT here.

Last week's status: Awaiting Shipment - Sent Offsite - 15-12g (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Mar-13-2013, 03:43 MT.

This week's status: Awaiting Shipment - Sent Offsite - 17-29n (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Mar-22-2013, 08:22 MT.

At least it's moved...too bad it didn't go far

Ditto

I've rather lost the excitement of trying to track my order. The Lincoln Customer Service call I had where they told me everything different from how my salesman told me the car was being tracked, followed by a chat with my salesman who proceeded to tell me to relax (because I expressed a bit of frustration with the differing stories) has me less than enthusiastic about the delivery. The car is still something I want, but I'm no long really excited. The statuses are likely just wrong based on Lincoln's track record to date, so my ETA is likely wrong. It's a hard state to explain since I still really want the car.

I've rather lost the excitement of trying to track my order. The Lincoln Customer Service call I had where they told me everything different from how my salesman told me the car was being tracked, followed by a chat with my salesman who proceeded to tell me to relax (because I expressed a bit of frustration with the differing stories) has me less than enthusiastic about the delivery. The car is still something I want, but I'm no long really excited. The statuses are likely just wrong based on Lincoln's track record to date, so my ETA is likely wrong. It's a hard state to explain since I still really want the car.
What date did you order yours?

Just checking to see how long these things are taking now.

I ordered Feb.21 and build date is April 8 .... So far.

I ordered mine on Feb 5th, it was scheduled on the 18th, built on the 26th of February, now ETAing on April 7th; if that day holds it will be 9 weeks to the day ....

If Lincoln has their act together - and we dont have any more Flat Rock inspections pending - I would "guess" that yours would be in the April 25th-29th range

John

Galangg, I understand and sympathize with your experience right now. My delivery and XG's and SMSGT's(expected) were all less than we had hoped for as part of our "luxury" experience. What I can tell you is that it is worth the wait, and as someone who went through exactly what you are going through that is a pretty big statement. My suggestions, don't call LCS, it is a huge waste of time! Secondly, tell your dealership you are fully committed to purchasing this car, are they fully committed to selling it to you. Third, you want every other day status checking from the dealership on the status of your car. This is a direct reflection of their commitment and that your survey response will be reflect this. Last write Alan Mullally directly and ask him to get Kevin Cour involved in tracking your vehicle.

I ordered mine on Feb 5th, it was scheduled on the 18th, built on the 26th of February, now ETAing on April 7th; if that day holds it will be 9 weeks to the day ....

If Lincoln has their act together - and we dont have any more Flat Rock inspections pending - I would "guess" that yours would be in the April 25th-29th range

John

I ordered mine on Feb 4th, it was built on Mar 12th, and the current ETA is Mar 30th. The car is currently in VA on its way to NC. If the ETA holds it will be two days short of 8 weeks. Mine is a hybrid without the panoramic roof or multi contour seats.

I ordered mine on Feb 4th, it was built on Mar 12th, and the current ETA is Mar 30th. The car is currently in VA on its way to NC. If the ETA holds it will be two days short of 8 weeks. Mine is a hybrid without the panoramic roof or multi contour seats.

I ordered mine late September 2012, built 5 February 2013 and still not here. Dealer tells me they have received 5 cars for stock and have them sold. Now folks, how does that make you feel how dealers and company treats loyal buyers who pre order their cars. Never did this before and will not do it again. Seems policy is: last in first out, make a lot of noise and you will go to the head of the line. Believe the early advertising, remain calm and respectful, expecting you will be taken care of as a loyal customer of the brand and you will get squashed like a bug. This has not been a fulfilling experience for my bucket list.

Seems policy is: last in first out, make a lot of noise and you will go to the head of the line. Believe the early advertising, remain calm and respectful, expecting you will be taken care of as a loyal customer of the brand and you will get squashed like a bug. This has not been a fulfilling experience for my bucket list.

That is not at all what normally happens. Normally they build dealer stock cars and hold them for inspection until they can produce perfect vehicles for 5 straight days. One error and the clock starts over. When they get to 5 days they give the OK to buy and that's when retail (sold) orders get built. The first cars have to be fixed before they can be shipped and that may take a few weeks so you don't want customer orders to be delayed that long. So even under normal circumstances you can get dealer orders that show up before retail orders.

In this case after the OK to buy they found additional problems which caused them to ship cars to Flat Rock where they apparently lost track of some of them and couldn't get parts for others so individual vehicles were delayed much much longer than normal.

If you had special ordered any other vehicle at any other time you wouldn't have these issues. Ford knows they screwed up and hopefully they'll compensate you guys for having to wait so long.

If you had special ordered any other vehicle at any other time you wouldn't have these issues. Ford knows they screwed up and hopefully they'll compensate you guys for having to wait so long.

I waited over 6 months for mine, so I can't say for sure what amount of wait time triggers this, but just today, I received in the mail a very nice check for the equivalent of one month's lease payment, or one month's car payment. My LCR rep had told me that he was having this done as appreciation for me waiting so patiently for so long. I absolutely love the car, and this check today was just icing on the cake after getting the $100 'night out' debit card, and the 'bespoke gift'.

This is my 10th post, so I get to ask the Forum searcher to look for me. I can only relate that I have heard NOTHING from the dealer (spoke with GM) who had assured me that they were checking the status of pre-orders every couple of days. That was last Thursday. I wrote to Trina on the Lincoln Facebook page. . . and that I should have an update early this week (I know, it's only Tuesday).

I ordered December 15th, build date was February 15th, with an early March ETA. Last status? Some unknown location in a holding facility. Sounds like my car is an EPOW!

It's pretty obvious that Ford's internal tracking system isn't designed to handle shipping cars to another plant. I'm sure that's a big lesson learned here. They seemed to have lost track of a lot of vehicles.

I hadn't even thought about the logistics around sending from one plant to another. You are right though. That would cause a huge wrench in the works.

Honestly, I don't have much room to complain. I haven't waited nearly as long as others. I just want to be treated like a luxury car buyer, not some random face in the crowd.

Galangg, I understand and sympathize with your experience right now. My delivery and XG's and SMSGT's(expected) were all less than we had hoped for as part of our "luxury" experience. What I can tell you is that it is worth the wait, and as someone who went through exactly what you are going through that is a pretty big statement. My suggestions, don't call LCS, it is a huge waste of time! Secondly, tell your dealership you are fully committed to purchasing this car, are they fully committed to selling it to you. Third, you want every other day status checking from the dealership on the status of your car. This is a direct reflection of their commitment and that your survey response will be reflect this. Last write Alan Mullally directly and ask him to get Kevin Cour involved in tracking your vehicle.

I'm buying the car. I'm just miffed over the fact that this luxury experience isn't even half of how I was treated by Saturn, who was not even close to luxury. It's a shocker to see the difference and realize the rebranded luxury experience has completely failed.

I'm buying the car. I'm just miffed over the fact that this luxury experience isn't even half of how I was treated by Saturn, who was not even close to luxury. It's a shocker to see the difference and realize the rebranded luxury experience has completely failed.

I understand and with you on this as I'm buying this car, but I told my wife this will be the last Ford/Lincoln product I will purchase. I swap out cars every 2 years, so they just lost out on my business for hopefully the next 50-60 years. I know I'm just a small fish in the ocean so no skin off their backs.

Edited by SMSgt B

I understand and with you on this as I'm buying this car, but I told my wife this will be the last Ford/Lincoln product I will purchase. I swap out cars every 2 years, so they just lost out on my business for hopefully the next 50-60 years. I know I'm just a small fish in the ocean so no skin off their backs.

It's perfectly acceptable. If enough people have the same reaction, then it does become significant if everyone votes with their feet.

I was called yesterday by LCS and told my car had left Mexico. i was told the car should arrive at the dealer in 5-10 days. I am hoping that finally this process may be near the end.

Placed order 11/09/2012

Processed 01/10/2013

Build Date 02/10/2013

Ship Date 03/23/3013

Arrival Date ???????

Has any of you, who 5-8 months ago, pre-orderd your MKZ with a trade-in MKZ, been asked by your dealership to renegotiate the price of the trade-in?

Get Ford reps involved and they will ask the dealer to honor the original trade quote as long as no damage, even if lots more mileage. Anyway, that is what worked for me, and my mileage went from 42K to almost 50k.

Edited by xgman