2013 MKZ Tracking

I ordered my 2013 MKZ Hybrid on 09/21/2012. The VIN is 3LN6L2LU0DR815005. The dealer can't seem to be able to get any production/shipping/location information from Lincoln. Any assistance or information would be appreciated. I think that I have been patient long enough and am about ready to cancel my order.

Thanks!

I ordered my car on 11/09/2012 and was told today that the care is finally on its way. Left Mexico 3/31 and was in New Mexico early today. Dealer and LCS tell me that I should have the car next week. I hope this process is finally coming to an end. Lincoln has a lot to learn about luxury treatment.

I ordered my 2013 MKZ Hybrid on 09/21/2012. The VIN is 3LN6L2LU0DR815005. The dealer can't seem to be able to get any production/shipping/location information from Lincoln. Any assistance or information would be appreciated. I think that I have been patient long enough and am about ready to cancel my order.

Thanks!

I presume you have not seen the window sticker for your car?

http://www.inventory.lincoln.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3LN6L2LU0DR815005

The sticker says that it was scheduled to be built within a few days of

March 25th (see the bottom of the window sticker)

In addition - the ETIS site (http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do) indicates that your car has not even been built yet!

Did you receive an order confirmation document (DORA) when you ordered on 9/21/2012 ...?

We've all had problems here - but I dont think anyone that ordered during the "pre-order" phase waited this long for a build date.

Something smells fishy to me .... I'd go to your dealer and ask them when the order was put into the system?

If you truly ordered on 9/21/2013 you may just have the biggest gripe that anyone here has seen to date!
Keep us up to date!
John

http://www.inventory.lincoln.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3LN6L2LU0DR815005

In addition - the ETIS site (http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do) indicates that your car has not even been built yet!

Did you receive an order confirmation document (DORA) when you ordered on 9/21/2012 ...?

We've all had problems here - but I dont think anyone that ordered during the "pre-order" phase waited this long for a build date.

Something smells fishy to me .... I'd go to your dealer and ask them when the order was put into the system?

If you truly ordered on 9/21/2013 you may just have the biggest gripe that anyone here has seen to date!
Keep us up to date!
John

One more thing - (looking at your window sticker) ....

This order (whenever it was actually placed by you) is not showing up as a "Special Order" at the bottom of the sticker:

Looks like your dealer may not have actually submitted your order as a special order (and almost certainly it did not go into the queue when you thought)

When did you get this VIN number? (I doubt very much you got it back when you ordered).

The VIN Number on your sticker indicates a car which was scheduled way later than even mine ....

Sounds like you have a real gripe with the dealer .... I'd love to know when this "Dealer Order" actually went into the system.

Most of ours up here went in as a "Special Order" .....

See an example of my window sticker:

http://www.inventory.lincoln.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3LN6L2LU8DR810988

and pay attention to the bottom ....

the date that I referenced is typically representative of when the VIN as generated for your car (prior to it being built)

In my case, my car was built about 8 days later ..... (02/26 vs the info at the bottom which says the VIN was generated on "02 18 13")

John

When I placed the order (09/21/12 12:39:14) with the dealer they gave me a printout of the "Vehicle Order Confirmation" . It shows an

• Order No.: B306
  • Priority: 80
  • Order Type: 2
  • Order code: 203A
  • Price Level: 315

Is there anything else on the pages that might help?

Thanks

When I placed the order (09/21/12 12:39:14) with the dealer they gave me a printout of the "Vehicle Order Confirmation" . It shows an

Thanks

You really need to ask for an update. The last thing you want to do is place an order and then let it lie dormant. The wheel that squeaks is the one that gets the grease. I ordered Dec 15 and my order status has now changed 3 times to date since ordering.

Thanks

I might be missing something but priority "80"?

I thought they only went as high as 19 ( normal range of 10-19; 19 being lowest priority ) .....

80 seems to be a "no man's land" number .....

Sounds like you got to have a chat with your dealer!

(Someone correct me if I'm wring on this though)

If it were me - and I'd waited this long and the car hadn't even been built .... I might think about canceling!

I'd be surprised if you have it before May 1 (and that might be optimistic)

I hope I'm wrong though

John

Edited by jschmitt3

You really need to ask for an update. The last thing you want to do is place an order and then let it lie dormant. The wheel that squeaks is the one that gets the grease. I ordered Dec 15 and my order status has now changed 3 times to date since ordering.

Yeah, and I was told to relax by my salesman when I started questioning the differing stories I was getting about my status.

I might be missing something but priority "80"?

I thought they only went as high as 19 ( normal range of 10-19; 19 being lowest priority ) .....

80 seems to be a "no man's land" number .....

Sounds like you got to have a chat with your dealer!

(Someone correct me if I'm wring on this though)

If it were me - and I'd waited this long and the car hadn't even been built .... I might think about canceling!

I'd be surprised if you have it before May 1 (and that might be optimistic)

I hope I'm wrong though

John

Why don't you check the areas inventory on other dealers and if you find something similar, ask them to get it in, or even buy it from the other dealer?

EVERYONE HAVING CONTINUED PROBLEMS: INSIST THAT YOUR DEALER PUT YOU IN DIRECT TOUCH WITH THEIR AREA FORD REP!!!!! IF THEY WON'T, CALL FORD YOURSELF OR lastly email Cour, Kevin (K.) <kcour@lincoln.com> with your story and ask for help!

Have looked at all last week and only found this editorial for the week of March 24, 2013:

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130401/RETAIL07/304019966/dealers-deserve-exemplary-service-from-lincoln#axzz2PErGSOwe

front page of auto news print and electronic edition last week

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130325/OEM01/303259968/the-mkzs-difficult-birth#axzz2PKMAGWQJ

EVERYONE HAVING CONTINUED PROBLEMS: INSIST THAT YOUR DEALER PUT YOU IN DIRECT TOUCH WITH THEIR AREA FORD REP!!!!! IF THEY WON'T, CALL FORD YOURSELF OR lastly email Cour, Kevin (K.) <kcour@lincoln.com> with your story and ask for help!

I haven't reached that point yet. I haven't been waiting the crazy times that others have been waiting. I still am active in the tracking of my car, but for me, it hasn't come to that yet.

front page of auto news print and electronic edition last week

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130325/OEM01/303259968/the-mkzs-difficult-birth#axzz2PKMAGWQJ

Thanks, Mark, didn't find this one! Talks a lot about unhappy dealers, and that things will be OK with customers when they get their cars. I think it's short-sighted to think Lincoln can sweep customer bad feelings under the rug so easily and not expect residual feelings about the months of poor treatment. It may not be that simple when it comes to trying to establish a loyalty to the brand. It's not like they're giving a lot away. We paid in dollars and time for the 'pleasure' of finally getting the car.

Keep us up to date!
John

Mine has been ordered for the same length of time. Built 5 February 2013. Lincoln informs me that the car has been shipped with a delivery date of week of April 4. Dealer has already sold 5 cars delivered as stock. No more preordering for me.

Mine has been ordered for the same length of time. Built 5 February 2013. Lincoln informs me that the car has been shipped with a delivery date of week of April 4. Dealer has already sold 5 cars delivered as stock. No more preordering for me.

JGeorg -

This forum participant ordered his in September and it hasn't been BUILT yet!

I know you've waited a while, but could you imagine how you'd feel if yours had not even been built yet ?

I sympathize with "Santa1" big time!

John

Well this painstaking adventure is almost over as our car should be arriving in Tampa via CSX between 1-2 pm. Then it will be trucked over to the dealer which averages about 2-3 days (for 15 miles). So hopefully we will have it in our garage this Friday/Saturday as long as there is nothing wrong with the car. All I want is a nice ending to this horror story.

ScreenShot2013-03-30at73935AM.png

ScreenShot2013-03-30at74935AM.png

Here's the rebate that came in the Wednesday mail. The fine print says that A/D/Z plans are ineligible. The X-plan was not excluded. We've received similar things over the years so the timing just worked out on this one. The other $750 rebate was applied by the dealer and we never saw anything about it except the resulting lower price.

As far as the delivery vs order dates, we ordered a hybrid, Reserve package, bordeaux reserve paint, hazelnut interior, no pano roof, no THX radio, no multi-contour seats, no rear seat airbags, with Technology package. Our order date avoided the Flat Rock inspections so the build to delivery was 16 days total (12 Mar to 28 Mar) from factory to eastern NC. LCS called to tell us of its arrival while we were on our test drive so they were in the loop.

Also, any orders placed prior to 28 Feb qualify for the Lincoln Makers Program. However, our dealer found that enrollment was not automatic. They had to call the Lincoln rep to get us entered. Others may experience the same issue.

build to delivery 16 days? are you kidding me?

Well this painstaking adventure is almost over as our car should be arriving in Tampa via CSX between 1-2 pm. Then it will be trucked over to the dealer which averages about 2-3 days (for 15 miles). So hopefully we will have it in our garage this Friday/Saturday as long as there is nothing wrong with the car. All I want is a nice ending to this horror story.

Congratulations! Can't wait for the pictures.

No new news on mine. I was "invited" to a dealer event 3 hours before it started. . . thought that was really special. Sadly, the Ford/Lincoln rep was busy with a new customer and didn't have time to speak with me. I know they've not had info, but it seems like their customer service is sadly lacking.

I think I may need to resort to emailing Mullaly OR rattling more customer service cages.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Congratulations! Can't wait for the pictures.

No new news on mine. I was "invited" to a dealer event 3 hours before it started. . . thought that was really special. Sadly, the Ford/Lincoln rep was busy with a new customer and didn't have time to speak with me. I know they've not had info, but it seems like their customer service is sadly lacking.

I think I may need to resort to emailing Mullaly OR rattling more customer service cages.

I'd be told by salesman to "relax". Didn't appreciate the first time.