2013 MKZ Tracking

This morning's update from Cyberdman. My car has been in Illinois for a week! Seriously!

In Transit - Delay- Conveyance Mechanical Failure (Union Pacific Railroad ) Yarcenter, IL Apr-03-2013, 10:18 CT

Here's my predicted good news .... You've made your last request of Cyberdman!

(Keep your fingers crossed)

John

Now that we have our car and seems to going well not sure how much I will jump on here however before I head off in the sunset I wanted to thank everyone for their help, hell even Cyber - It was painful all the way through but at least on this forum I was able to get an idea of what was going on about my car or others so it kept us going. So looking back at the original 8-9 of us that kicked this back last year , I say thanks and hope all goes well . BTW , next year or so I am going to looking for the new Miata to come out so I may show back up on their message board (LOL)

Later -

Here's my predicted good news .... You've made your last request of Cyberdman! (Keep your fingers crossed) John

Perhaps if you see my last two updates next to each other:

Last week

In Transit - Passing (Union Pacific Railroad ) GLO4, IL Apr-03-2013, 00:06 CT.

ETA Apr-18-2013.

Today

In Transit - Delay- Conveyance Mechanical Failure (Union Pacific Railroad ) Yarcenter, IL Apr-03-2013, 10:18 CT.

Note they are dated the same day, it is a week later. Stick it on a truck already and drive it the 4 hours here please....

sweetmelissa:

From Tanner on Pg 7 of this Forum:

I just found some instructions on how to track your car if you have the ETTX number (the rail car number).

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it, enjoy your updated status report.

Edited by Dedonut

This morning's update from Cyberdman. My car has been in Illinois for a week! Seriously!

In Transit - Delay- Conveyance Mechanical Failure (Union Pacific Railroad ) Yarcenter, IL Apr-03-2013, 10:18 CT

Jeez, what year is this? I picture two guys shoveling coal.

Received a call from LCS. . . my car has begun the "process" of transporting to it's final destination. . . still in the parking lot in Mexico, but apparently closer to the rail car? Anyway, I was told an ETA of 4/24/13. I won't have another update until until 4/22/13.

There you have it. I wish it had gone to Michigan. . . it would have been here sooner.

Congrats to all who have the new car in their possession.

kim

Received a call from LCS. . . my car has begun the "process" of transporting to it's final destination. . . still in the parking lot in Mexico, but apparently closer to the rail car? Anyway, I was told an ETA of 4/24/13. I won't have another update until until 4/22/13.

There you have it. I wish it had gone to Michigan. . . it would have been here sooner.

Congrats to all who have the new car in their possession.

kim

I'm hoping for a call today (4/10), that I can take delivery. It's just a matter of getting the car from the local raid head to the dealership for prep and delivery. I hope your delivery happens sooner rather than later Kim.

George

sweetmelissa:

From Tanner on Pg 7 of this Forum:

I just found some instructions on how to track your car if you have the ETTX number (the rail car number).

1. Call CSX at 1-800-235-2352

2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.

3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)

4. When prompted for the car number, say or key in your 6-digit ETTX car number

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

6. That's it, enjoy your updated status report.

I tried this but my car is on Union Pacific so I was not able to get any info this way nor was a live person able to help me...

Hence my phone call to Union Pacific where I had to actually speak to another person. I gave my salesperson the info yesterday and he made a call to UP for me and they are not releasing the car from IL until tomorrow.....when I will be on my way to South Carolina. Boo.... Wanted to be leaving in that new car. At least we'll have something to come home to!

Now that we have our car and seems to going well not sure how much I will jump on here however before I head off in the sunset I wanted to thank everyone for their help, hell even Cyber - It was painful all the way through but at least on this forum I was able to get an idea of what was going on about my car or others so it kept us going. So looking back at the original 8-9 of us that kicked this back last year , I say thanks and hope all goes well . BTW , next year or so I am going to looking for the new Miata to come out so I may show back up on their message board (LOL)

Later -

Likewise Bill, it was good getting to know you over this forum. Hope you do come back from time to time, let us know how your experience is with your new car. I have to say I am going to miss XG's rants(love you man!) and Mark calming us down, SMSGT's best post ever of every GPS stop between Mexico and Flat Rock, Good Times!!

For this second group SweetMelissa, galangg, and others I really wish you the best as well. I hope your cars arrive, I hope you really enjoy them. I will be hanging out from time to time so feel free to ping me if you need something.

Take care everyone and have a great day!

Likewise Bill, it was good getting to know you over this forum. Hope you do come back from time to time, let us know how your experience is with your new car. I have to say I am going to miss XG's rants(love you man!) and Mark calming us down, SMSGT's best post ever of every GPS stop between Mexico and Flat Rock, Good Times!!

For this second group SweetMelissa, galangg, and others I really wish you the best as well. I hope your cars arrive, I hope you really enjoy them. I will be hanging out from time to time so feel free to ping me if you need something.

It's been quite a ride watching you guys get your cars delivered and waiting for mine.

For everyone who's been tracking and taken delivery of their cars; I hope everybody sticks around. I had a buddy turn me on to this site back in 06 while following the GT500. I purchased an 07 but continued to stick around. For auto enthusiast minded people with an interest in vehicles in general there is a wealth of information and very knowledgable people here. My number of posts in no way reflects the length of time I've been coming here due to the fact that some of these people will eat you up and spit you out. I learned to just soak up information here and do minimal posting.

Still, there is an incredible amount of insight here and it's not limited to Ford / Lincoln products. So please, visit often, and yes; I'm still waiting for my MKZ with a build date the week of 4/22.

Gregg

Congratulations to all with patience enough to wait so long. I discovered this forum in Feb 2011. I'll still check in. It can be more than waiting but also questions about the car and experiences - useful info and shared experiences.

I'm taking my car in tomorrow to have them check the adaptive headlights that I can't tell are working either. And Dash Settings:Vehicle:Lights doesn't mention adaptive lights and offer a setting to change. The Window Sticker lists them as standard equipment.

Also had an interesting conversation with my Service Appt. Rep re: daytime running lights. I asked that they hook them up/install them too while the car is there. I told her I had that done to the 2011 MKZ which also didn't come with the daytime lights. She talked to the Service person who said they can't install them on the 2013. They could on the 2011 but there is no way to do it on this one!!! I thought they were required and was surprised they weren't standard equipment. Now to not even be able to get them? How weird is that? I searched the on-line owner's manual and nothing comes up in a search of any variation of daytime running lights!

Edited by Dedonut

I'm hoping for a call today (4/10), that I can take delivery. It's just a matter of getting the car from the local raid head to the dealership for prep and delivery. I hope your delivery happens sooner rather than later Kim.

George

Just received an email from the sales person:

Kim,
Thank you sooooo much for being patient with your new Lincoln. Great news, it's made it to California! Hopefully only a few days out. I have been checking every other day. What's next week look like for you schedulewise?
God, I hope he's right. Pat in LCS told me that she was escalating it, but I never expected this. Hoepfully a new updated ETA, and I did ask for a railcar number!
:hi5:
choo, choo
kwb

Also had an interesting conversation with my Service Appt. Rep re: daytime running lights. I asked that they hook them up/install them too while the car is there. I told her I had that done to the 2011 MKZ which also didn't come with the daytime lights. She talked to the Service person who said they can't install them on the 2013. They could on the 2011 but there is no way to do it on this one!!! I thought they were required and was surprised they weren't standard equipment. Now to not even be able to get them? How weird is that? I searched the on-line owner's manual and nothing comes up in a search of any variation of daytime running lights!

Required by who? Not in the U.S.

I covered this already in one of the other threads. This used to be possible on older vehicles (turning on DRLs) but for some reason the U.S. dealers no longer have that option on the newer vehicles.

Finally back after a few weeks of break from this forum. Glad some of you have received your car and some that will be receiving shortly. All those pix looks great. For those that Pre-ordered hope you guys/gals stop by some times and keep in touch. Oh right, those with hybrids keep us posted on your MPG and perhaps use fuely. Would really like to at least get some #'s in the 40s at least once summer blend is in.

Finally back after a few weeks of break from this forum. Glad some of you have received your car and some that will be receiving shortly. All those pix looks great. For those that Pre-ordered hope you guys/gals stop by some times and keep in touch. Oh right, those with hybrids keep us posted on your MPG and perhaps use fuely. Would really like to at least get some #'s in the 40s at least once summer blend is in.

Serraph -

Are you still waiting? What was your latest update?

John

Serraph - Are you still waiting? What was your latest update? John

Ew, don't remind me. Almost gave up many times. Sat at the Lexus dealer like twice almost pulling on the 300H. I love their VIP service though. It's auto renew yearly. Get this, free car wash and vacuum for life. Just drive in, tell them you need service, and they drive you car through the cleaning service dept. I tried to get one from Lincoln but they have nothing like that there. Only the typical 4years maintenance and it's a 30-45minute drive away for me. My late Oct preorder has been finally released some time around April 1st (mean joke if you ask me). I have been tracking it when I can with the Canadian Railways. Here is my report: It sat in Flat Rock since then.

4-08 Flat Rock, Michigan

4-09 Aurora,Illinois

4-10 Juneau,Wisconsin

4-11 Browning, Montana

So we were told April 1st, then Aril 7th, and now April 27th. It is now in Nogales Arizona via Union Pacific, supposed Conveyor issue? What ever that means. While we still feel committed, and love and want the car, this is as far from Good Customer Service. Concierge Service. Don't know what to say. Based on the stories from this board, I have no room to bitch, as we did not order until Feb 15th. Just not the service we expected buying a "Luxury" vehicle. Just like many others, we are coming close to pulling the trigger on another vehicle, but want to see this through.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Hey Buddy, FYI I am at 42 MPG Lifetime and around 2K miles.

Hey Buddy, FYI I am at 42 MPG Lifetime and around 2K miles.

Wonder what I'm doing wrong, tanner. I have about 1100 miles and am at 33.4mpg lifetime. Mostly short highway trips or around town though. Going on a long trip this month, will be interesting to see what changes.