MKZ Owners and Car Pictures

Great looking cars guys - glad to see some are getting deliveries. Have the Fusion and will say Ford really missed the boat big time on the DRL's in the US. All other brands are really using them for some identity. I believe with any model - Ford can enable those lights as DRL's in the US and I think they already are in Canada. Other will probably have a more definitive answer - but the LKZ lights are cool and would have them enabled if possible. The Fusion didn't get quite the same treatment.

I think Ford overall has missed DRL's for safety in the US - I know there are many arguments for and against, but I do like a cool set of lights that separates a car or a brand.

I think it was an idiotic shortcoming personally. It would be 1000 times better to have them on just in the front in daytime. They checked and they can't turn them on without some hardware changes which seem unlikely, and parking lights turns too many lights on, so not a good alternative, and not automatic. Oh well . .

Looks great. Is that a legal percentage? I hope so, because I may do the same.

Everything is legal until you get caught!!! In FL, these would be considered illegal but it is accepted as the norm here. I've never had any problems with tint.

Edited by SMSgt B

It seems that way here in Indiana too but I've always been paranoid that I'd meet that one cop that hands me a razor blade and tells me to start scraping!

I live in Indiana too and I know there are several tint shops around - I thought it was OK to tint as long as it is within limits. Not sure what the limits are but I would think the shop would tell me if I ask so I do not end up scrapping it off -

Wow guys, your cars look beautiful. Congrats. Long time coming SMSGT glad the wait is over.

For those of you that have the dune interior, i am noticing that the car doors and the door plate area seem to get scuffed up pretty easy. I cannot figure out if that material is vinyl, or leather, or plastic. I took my car to a car wash and had it detailed and I had to show those guys these area's. What do you think that material is made of, and what would you use to clean it weekly??

Wow guys, your cars look beautiful. Congrats. Long time coming SMSGT glad the wait is over.

For those of you that have the dune interior, i am noticing that the car doors and the door plate area seem to get scuffed up pretty easy. I cannot figure out if that material is vinyl, or leather, or plastic. I took my car to a car wash and had it detailed and I had to show those guys these area's. What do you think that material is made of, and what would you use to clean it weekly??

Oh boy .... I was thinking exactly the same thing ...

I absolutely love everything about that Dune interior - but yes it definitely has high "scuff" capacity ...

With 2 kids (10 & 7) - I can see myself needing to have a good handle on how to clean all dune surfaces pretty soon!

If anyone finds a product/products that are recommended - let us know!

Also, I already have (not sure if it was there before) 2 minor scratches on the chrome (? i think it is chrome) on either side of the cup-holder doors.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance -

John

Edited by jschmitt3