Ughh.. problems with the one-touch up

broncosCA

Anyone else have this problem? My driver's side window has one-touch down work no problem. However, the one touch up function works only once in a blue moon. I can try a dozen times and it will only work once. Meanwhile all of the other doors work just fine one-up, down.

Anyone know if this is a mechanical issue, or is there a setting somewhere that adjusts this?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried all mine, one touch down, one touch up all work fine. Check that you touch the switch for the same amount of time for each direction, if it's too short or too light it won't register, too long may send a different command to the window computer. Also, a low-voltage switch that doesn't get used very often may have the contacts get oxidized, so make sure that you do a few firm pushes too. If that don't work, it's dealer time.

Yeah Ghent360 is on to something, if you hold it for about 5-7 seconds the window will be done moving (up/down) Walla "one touch"

Ok, I'm sorry, couldn't resist! Is that something the dealer would take a look at and possibly fix under warranty? If nothing more go to a dealer and try 5-10 different cars to see if others are the same way.

After reading this post I went out to the car and tested all my windows. All the windows worked fine. Not sure if that helps...

Mine work as expected as well. Keep in mind there's a second click, if you will, to get the one touch up/down, that is pushing/pulling it past the initial engagement on the switch. You all probably already know this, but wanted to mention it.

Jokes aside, the one touch would not work on my passenger window. I got two clicks and all but it would not work either down or up. At one point I did hold the button but I don't remember it if was fully up or down, since then the one touch works.

I remember this was the way to activate the one touch feature on my Jag, so I tried it on the FFH.

I'm wondering if I have the same problem, car is out for the night as it's getting tint/clear bra tomorrow. With the cold weather I haven't rolled the windows down much, but can you guys with the problem try your global opening/closing of the windows via the key fob? I was showing it to a co-worker today after work and the windows all roll down just fine but the front windows both will not roll back up after locking the car. Looks like the dealership has another issue to figure out for me if this is the case.

Funny that you posted about the global open and close. I didn't know that the hybrids had this (thought it was a Titanium feature), but I tried it yesterday. Press and hold the unlock button on your key fob for 5 seconds. all the windows should open and your sunroof (if you have one) will vent. To close press and hold the lock button on your fob for 3 seconds and all the windows should close.

What a great feature this is when the hot weather finally comes!!!

I had the same problem, and this procedure (gleaned after some web searching) seems to solve the problem:

1. Start with the window up.

2. Pushing the window switch into the first position (i.e., not fully depressed in the "one-touch" position), lower the window fully and keep holding the switch down for an additional second or so.

3. Lifting the window switch into the first position (not one-touch), raise the window fully and keep lifting the switch for an additional second or so.

4. If it doesn't work the first time, try again.

4. You may need to do this procedure on both the driver's master switches and the local switches.

This worked for me, but, annoyingly, the problem periodically pops up again. There's nothing in the manual addressing it, so my hunch is that this is a defect, likely in the "pinch protection" sensors or controller, which needs to be fail-safe (but can be overridden by holding the switch). If it keeps happening, I'll be referring it to the dealer. I'll be very interested in learning what others find out from their dealers.

FYI: My Hybrid SE was built on 1/29, and delivered (last week) with none of the swiches able able to complete the "one-touch up" operation. Taking the steps above restored that capability, but as mentioned, not reliably. Given that this issue is popping up at the same time for others, I suspect perhaps a bad batch of components.

Edited by Woodgrain

Yesterday, the one-touch stopped working on the driver side front window. It worked the day before.

I brought the car in today for the Touch of Class treatment, and had them fix the one-touch. They said they had to make some adjustments on the swithes, but they're all working properly now, so it must be a switch/contact problem. I'll post back to the thread if the problem returns.

I can confirm that the posted fix for the one touch up/down has returned functionality of the front windows using the global close with the key fob. The odd thing is that they were not closing before I tried the fix, but the one touch up was working on both windows. Hopefully this does not become a recurring issue as I find this feature to be extremely handy with leather seats for airing out the car in the summer.

I did not know about the global open/close functionality until I reread this entire thread. I tried it out on my car today, and I can report that 1) it works), and 2) the intermittent one-touch problem does reappear and also affects global open/close.

When I tried it this morning, only the two back windows opened, along with the moonroof opening into the vent position. I restored the one-touch to the driver's window by holding the button for a few more seconds after the window closed (but not the front passenger window), and global open/close now opened the three windows (except for the front passenger window).

Is this a computer problem with the car, or is it a mechanical switch problem? My guess is that it must be computer-related, because global open/close bypasses the mechanical switches, and yet the problem remains. Therefore, it must be occurring somewhere after the switches are engaged.

So, what's the next step? How do we get this issue to Ford?

B

It is hopeful this is a software issue. Agree with Barsroom - winow switches aren't direct inline electrical switches like they were in yesteryear. They are just a signal to the computer to tell it to do something - such as raise or lower the window. In this case - some software switch or something is getting set wrong after the action and that prevents the next action from working properly until reset. Would think this is something they can surely find and fix with a flash to the computer.

My one touch up continues to work...sometimes.

I've PM'ed Eric at Ford about the problem and will advise when (if?) I hear anything substantive.

It would be interesting to know the production dates of vehicles affected (might this relate to a bad batch of components or a Job 2 change?).

Mine was produced 1/29/13. Anyone else able to share their production dates (use ETIS to get this info)?