Dark Side Metallic or Sunset, has anyone seen them?

Hello everyone. I have been able to run across one picture on a Flex forum of Sunset for the 2014 model year that a painter sprayed himself, but there seems to be literally no pictures and very little information on Dark Side Metallic or really Sunset for that matter. Has anyone seen them in person in a sample at a dealership? Dealerships around me all say they don't know what either of them look like and they don't have samples. I've heard that Dark Side may as well be black, but have heard it has blue/green undertones. I want to put an order in on a 2014 Fusion in probably one of those colors, but I would really like to at least see the color in a sample or anything before I order it since there won't be cars with the color on the lot for a few months at least. Any help would be great!

Only possible shot of Sunset:

2013-04-09160054_zps8bcdb2e6.jpg

Edited by MineralstangGT

Maybe its not, but that is the D7 ford paint code that someone just received at his body shop when he just updated his code. Its just frustrating that order banks are open for vehicles that these colors are available for and no samples are readily available.

I believe I saw the color on an ad that appeared for the Fusion on Facebook. The ad was not supposed to be on there (obviously) and was quickly removed (the ads cycled, and I couldn't take a screenshot). The car was more of a metallic looking orange.

I believe I saw the color on an ad that appeared for the Fusion on Facebook. The ad was not supposed to be on there (obviously) and was quickly removed (the ads cycled, and I couldn't take a screenshot). The car was more of a metallic looking orange.

Kind of like 1966 Ember Glo Metallic on a 66 Mustang/TBirds/etc.?

post-19198-0-17450700-1367251090_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ford Dealers received large color chip samples about 6+ weeks ago including the new Dark Side & Sunset colors. The Dark Side is another "near Black" color but I'll have to look at the sample tomorrow morning when I'm back in the office to describe the tint. The new Sunset looks very good but does have an Orange tint to it.

Ford Dealers received large color chip samples about 6+ weeks ago including the new Dark Side & Sunset colors. The Dark Side is another "near Black" color but I'll have to look at the sample tomorrow morning when I'm back in the office to describe the tint. The new Sunset looks very good but does have an Orange tint to it.

Thanks. I appreciate that. My wife and I like the "near black" colors because they are just a little more unique. I was probably one of the only ones who liked Kodiak brown. It just makes it slightly more distinct than plain black. Of course I have to break my "I will never buy another black car" rule if I like dark side too.

Is the Sunset more Orange tint then this Fiesta-16.jpg

and is the Dark Side anything close to this AETV90107078_1b.jpg

Edited by MKII

Dark Side and Midnight Sky are definitely not the same color since they have different color codes. Midnight Sky is offered on the 2014 Transit Connect but does not appear on any North American-built models.

Just a little update. My wife and I drove several fusions this weekend and talked to the dealership about colors. They had not seen any samples yet, and the rumor they heard was that Dark Side is between tuxedo black and sterling grey. Ah, the plot thickens...

My understanding is that it's a dark blue-green. I have a 2014 Darkside Fusion on order with paint color sight unseen. It's scheduled for a July build at Flat Rock. But I'm not sure when I'll see it; sometimes these early builds have issues that require them to be held until fixed.

My understanding is that it's a dark blue-green. I have a 2014 Darkside Fusion on order with paint color sight unseen. It's scheduled for a July build at Flat Rock. But I'm not sure when I'll see it; sometimes these early builds have issues that require them to be held until fixed.

If its dark blue-green, my wife and I will probably be all over it. I would be lying if I said that Flat Rock coming on line to build them didn't scare me. Who knows the issues that may come up because of the new plant and new crews putting it together. I just hope there isn't another TBD hell, but Id like to have faith in Ford that they won't fumble the shift in production. Are they shifting ALL gas production to Flat Rock all at once? Once I see the colors, we can make our decision and put the order in.

Just a little update. My wife and I drove several fusions this weekend and talked to the dealership about colors. They had not seen any samples yet, and the rumor they heard was that Dark Side is between tuxedo black and sterling grey.

Ah, the plot thickens...

wink.gif as long as the paint doesn't!

&

wonder if this could one of those color-flipping paints

so it looks green from some angles and blue from others?

07/13/2013 - 2013MY Job Last Date

04/19/2013 - 2014MY Order Bank Open Date

05/16/2013 - 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Hermosillo

06/13/2013 - 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Flat Rock

07/15/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date - Hermosillo

08/26/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date - Flat Rock

The above information is from the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) released on May 10, 2013. The one change since then is that 2014 Fusion scheduling will not start this week as originally planned. Final 2013MY Fusion scheduling is to be completed on Thursday this week with 2014MY Fusion scheduling anticipated to start the following Thursday, May 23rd.

As such, there has been NO 2014 Fusion scheduling yet. In addition Flat Rock scheduling does not start until June 13th with a Flat Rock Job #1 Date of August 26th!

07/13/2013 - 2013MY Job Last Date

04/19/2013 - 2014MY Order Bank Open Date

05/16/2013 - 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Hermosillo

06/13/2013 - 2014MY Scheduling Begins - Flat Rock

07/15/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date - Hermosillo

08/26/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date - Flat Rock

The above information is from the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) released on May 10, 2013. The one change since then is that 2014 Fusion scheduling will not start this week as originally planned. Final 2013MY Fusion scheduling is to be completed on Thursday this week with 2014MY Fusion scheduling anticipated to start the following Thursday, May 23rd.

As such, there has been NO 2014 Fusion scheduling yet. In addition Flat Rock scheduling does not start until June 13th with a Flat Rock Job #1 Date of August 26th!

Thanks, ice-capades.

This is a Company lease. Sometimes we are guinea pigs, so this is a saleable "pre-production" unit; I have a build date (which can change) and a VIN. Company wanted early actual orders to get Flat Rock started so they gave us a bit of a break on price. This can often mean delays in receiving the vehicle if everything isn't right. If it's a modified part, and full production has started, the priority for new parts goes to the plant which at that point is manufacturing cars going to retail customers (that's the right thing to do). If repairs are required, then the early units can sometime sit on the back 40 for a while before everything is sorted. So I'm not counting on seeing the Fusion until September/October or so.

Sorry "Austin" but after managing new Ford inventory for 27 years, I've never seen or heard of "pre-production" vehicles being produced for company lease vehicles that are being used as guinea pigs. Ford normally will not even schedule retail or fleet orders until the "OK to Buy" status is reached which is normally at the time that the initial shipping release status is achieved. Even so, Flat Rock is not scheduled to start production until August 26th which makes your claimed July production date even more suspect. Further, the entire Flat Rock plant, including the Mustang assembly line, is scheduled to be "down" for most of July.

Ford will not complete 2013 Fusion scheduling until Thursday this week with 2014 Fusion scheduling starting as soon as next Thursday, May 23rd. Even so, initial scheduling will be restricted to Dealer stock orders until the "OK to Buy' Status is reached. In addition, there is no information available yet as to whether Flat Rock's production of the 2014 Fusion will be restricted to certain models, powertrain, etc. In any event, scheduling at plants is determined by Ford and beyond the control of Dealers.