Bluetooth issue

Camride

I've been meaning to post this for a while but kept forgetting. Does anyone have a problem playing bluetooth audio immediately after connecting? If I try to play music right after I connect the phone's BT audio It will start to play, then the music will speed up a little, then it will pause for about 1/4 second, then play normal for a few seconds, play fast, pause, etc. This only happens if I play music immediately. If I connect the audio, pause it and wait 15-20 seconds, then play it works fine (and it never has any more issues after that). I've got a Galaxy S3 on Verizon (Android 4.1.2) and I thin this may have started after I got the JellyBean update, as I don't remember it doing this when I first got the car in December.

Anyone else dealt with this?

***Issue NOT Resolved***

Turning off "Index Bluetooth Device" appeared to fix the issue, but it did not. Back to square one.

Edited by Camride
  • Like 1

I have the Galaxy S3 also, no problems here. I start which ever music app on the phone first, wait till i hear it on the phone, then switch to BT. Works every time. You might want to power cycle your phone more often, once every couple of weeks works for me.

Edited by Chris1970

Absolutely I have the exact same problem. Galaxy Note II running Android 4.1.2 here.

So basically connect the phone and attempt to play audio immediately. The audio will skip, play at the incorrect speed and have other audible anomalies. It will play fine after about a minute and a half. My guess is Sync is indexing the phone at the same time and there is a shortage of bandwidth to deliver audio.

If you connect the phone or the phone is already connected for over two minutes and I attempt to play audio, it plays back fine. Its something to do with the initial connection.

Absolutely I have the exact same problem. Galaxy Note II running Android 4.1.2 here.

So basically connect the phone and attempt to play audio immediately. The audio will skip, play at the incorrect speed and have other audible anomalies. It will play fine after about a minute and a half. My guess is Sync is indexing the phone at the same time and there is a shortage of bandwidth to deliver audio.

If you connect the phone or the phone is already connected for over two minutes and I attempt to play audio, it plays back fine. Its something to do with the initial connection.

Yeah, it is very odd. I hadn't thought of the indexing thing, I'll turn it off on the car and see if that makes a difference.

FWIW I have rebooted the phone, done a master reset on MFT and even did a factory reset on the phone and nothing has resolved the issue.

Have a iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1.4 and the music app skips from time to time. I'd say a few times a week but nothing that enrages me.

I only listen to music on my phone so Bluetooth audio is always connected. I used Spotify when I got my Fusion in November '12 but it skipped the tracks every 12-15 seconds within playing them. I could go through a 30 song playlist in 4 minutes haha. So I got rid of Spotify and started using Google Music which was a 2 month transfer process but has been great ever since. Also the app store has a lot of Google Music apps so I can try different apps if they don't have great Bluetooth support.

I've noticed a lot of different Bluetooth issues with the MFT but I can't begin to right down the process of what I was doing at the time to figure them out. Also it's Saturday and I'm tired from Friday night so sorry for the rambling :victory:

I have a 2 year old Motorola Atrix running Android 2.3.6 and the Bluetooth audio connection with MFT is a hit or miss process. Sometimes it connects and stays connected properly but other times, I have to fiddle with it to get BT music audio from my phone through the cars speakers. Other times it will be playing fine and then it will just pause itself and I have to hit the play button again. The upside is that it has always been 100% reliable on the phone connections when making and receiving phone calls. I have my music files also on a MP3 player that I have connected to the USB port and that works great. I also listen to audiobooks and connect those from the headphone jack on the player to the A/V Input via a Y plug adapter. I have the Waze app on my phone and I would really like to have a reliable BT connection in order to hear the traffic warnings from Waze while driving. That is my main complaint with MFT.

Edited by Boat Racer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nevermind, it didn't fix it. It seemed to go away for a day or two but came back. I'm also having issues with my phone pairing automatically when I get in the car, half the time it won't do it and I have to initiate it manually from my phone. It's getting a bit irritating.

I stream Spotify on a pretty regular basis. I do have a bunch of music on a 32GB stick, but I find it easier to play Spotify then go through the sluggish MFT interface to find an album. Yes I know I can do voice commands, but I sometimes just want to browse as I'm not sure what I want to listen to.

Hi HenryVIII, I've also been experiencing SYNC connectivity issues with my Galaxy SIII (Android). Could you describe which issues you had in more details? I want to see if they're the same as the ones I'm having since I'm looking for a fix.

My car connects to my phone properly through the MyLincoln Touch screen, but in the instrument cluster screen between my speedometer and tach, it says "No Phone Added - Please see touchscreen" even though they are paired and connected. I tried other phones from family members/friends, and none of theirs does the same thing.

The only issue I have had was sync connectivity issues with my iPhone 5. Dealer performed a Master Reset, disconnecting the battery for 15 min. So far everything has worked well.

Hi HenryVIII, I've also been experiencing SYNC connectivity issues with my Galaxy SIII (Android). Could you describe which issues you had in more details? I want to see if they're the same as the ones I'm having since I'm looking for a fix.

My car connects to my phone properly through the MyLincoln Touch screen, but in the instrument cluster screen between my speedometer and tach, it says "No Phone Added - Please see touchscreen" even though they are paired and connected. I tried other phones from family members/friends, and none of theirs does the same thing.

Hey Virtual American, I was typically seeing it being stuck just trying to connect. It'll say "Connecting" with the wait circle then after a min or so it would just say Connect a phone or something to the like. I would try getting your system reset like mine and see if that helps. Good luck!

Gorgeous ride btw! The new MKZs are impressive looking.

That's just a bug in the display code.

I've been meaning to post this for a while but kept forgetting. Does anyone have a problem playing bluetooth audio immediately after connecting?

I have the solution for ya...................just get old & slow down :hysterical:

Seriously I've never noticed any stuttering............maybe I'm just not fast enough..............or I end up streaming after I've gone through the radio "sucks...sucks....sucks"....on to the phone.

Oddball phone - Nokia running Win 8.........................and no that doesn't seem to help that's it's MS to MS.

Edited by Bailey151

I have the solution for ya...................just get old & slow down :hysterical:

Seriously I've never noticed any stuttering............maybe I'm just not fast enough..............or I end up streaming after I've gone through the radio "sucks...sucks....sucks"....on to the phone.

Oh, I am defiantly seeing it. When I start something like Pandora on my phone and stream it to the car, many times I get these little skips in the the audio and places where the music speeds up, then skips. It sometimes goes away on it's own, but switching to FM or Sirius and back seems to help. I have not tried turning off "Index Bluetooth Device", i'll give that a shot.

Oh, I am defiantly seeing it. When I start something like Pandora on my phone and stream it to the car, many times I get these little skips in the the audio and places where the music speeds up, then skips. It sometimes goes away on it's own, but switching to FM or Sirius and back seems to help. I have not tried turning off "Index Bluetooth Device", i'll give that a shot.

I will confess to not having used Pandora...........use Nokia's built in app which so far has worked well.

Turning indexing off didn't end up working for me, though it seemed to the first few times right after I turned it off. The problem quickly came back though, and it's exactly as you describe. I'm pretty sure it didn't do this when I first got my car so my guess is that an update on my S3 screwed something up. I do plan on putting a custom ROM on my phone soon so I'm curious if that will fix it.

• Like 2

Turning indexing off didn't end up working for me, though it seemed to the first few times right after I turned it off. The problem quickly came back though, and it's exactly as you describe. I'm pretty sure it didn't do this when I first got my car so my guess is that an update on my S3 screwed something up. I do plan on putting a custom ROM on my phone soon so I'm curious if that will fix it.

Most excellent - with a custom ROM it should be pretty easy to determine if it's MS, the BT implementation, or the phone's software.

Sadly I think messing around with ROMs is what I miss most about not having a 'droid based phone. Loved being able to try a different kernals & simple builds to make a custom interface.

Didn't fix it for me either. It seems to go away (until next time I start my car and Bluetooth) after play for a time (or w some fiddling).

• 2 weeks later...

This crap is going to drive me crazy. I still can't get the issue that I originally talked about fixed and now the BT connection in general is getting progressively worse. My phone used to connect every time I got in the car without a hitch, it was just playing music initially that was a problem. Now at least half the time my phone won't connect when I get in the car, then when I am finally able to get it to connect it connects just the phone audio or just the media audio. I guess I'm going to have to do another master reset on MFT and see if that clears it up. Nothing has changed on my phone, I haven't received any OS updates in a while.

I really hope v3.6 fixes this.

I had this problem on my stock GS4 ROM. After I installed a bloatware free ROM it connects EVERY TIME. Biggest issue is when it first connects the music kinda skips a bit for about 5 seconds and it plays fine after.

I would give deleting the current pair settings on your phone and basically starting over if you dont want to change roms.

I had this problem on my stock GS4 ROM. After I installed a bloatware free ROM it connects EVERY TIME. Biggest issue is when it first connects the music kinda skips a bit for about 5 seconds and it plays fine after.

I would give deleting the current pair settings on your phone and basically starting over if you dont want to change roms.

I've done that a couple times. It is good to hear that a new ROM helped. I just need to set aside a few hours to settle on one and get it done.