Lincoln to Cut Back Free Maintenance... That's luxury!

They didn't lower them...they just didn't RAISE them by that $500.

See how that works?

I have no claim to inside knowledge of their pricing decisions. Perhaps your sources inside Lincoln will allow you to explain to the peasantry "how it works" that you know that the price savings for removing the extra service are being returned to the customer by graciously not raising the price by an even higher amount than is already the difference between 2013MY and 2014MY.

At least they still offer 2 years. Mercedes dropped their complimentary service back in 2005. Didn't seem to hurt their sales or image. When we got our CPO 2010 MKS we purchased a pre-paid maintenance plan from the dealer that covers the entire time we own the car.

I have no claim to inside knowledge of their pricing decisions. Perhaps your sources inside Lincoln will allow you to explain to the peasantry "how it works" that you know that the price savings for removing the extra service are being returned to the customer by graciously not raising the price by an even higher amount than is already the difference between 2013MY and 2014MY.

I don't have inside sources. It's called common sense, and knowing how companies work. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, is free. It doesn't work that way. Whether you want to believe it or not, that "free" stuff you get when you buy something, you paid for it.

EDIT: The numbers I used were pulled out of thin air just to make a point. I have no idea on the pricing changes, just trying to show that nothing is "free".

Edited by fordmantpw

last week i had my 1st oil change at 5550mi and completely forgotten about free maint.

When the car came bck 45min os so later, new oil, washed, vacuumed, checked all over and NO CHARGE, i was a delighted boy. Yup!

Making virtually no effort to get good mileage, i'm getting 34-36 at highway speeds, 39-42 on secondary roads in suburbia

I am purely loving my black/black MKZ.

BTW:

My wife is going to replace her 2008 loaded Accord, and I will get her a new car, but really don't want to duplicate mine bc the MKZ is MINE!

She only drives 6-8,000 miles per year so mileage is not the prime consideration.

A lil more rear seat room would be helpful to haul around the old ladies she works with thru the church.

I'm looking at Lexus, Avalon, Infiniti, Mercedes C, Audi...

It is interesting doing research looking for something as capable & comfortable as my MKZ.

IMO MKZ may be in a class by itself.

Edited by entropy