Sync summer update Gen2 v3.6

47Minutes

Yeah, I believe your dealer should be the one to activate your complimentary sync service as part of the delivery prep. I know I didn't have to do anything to activate it. Not only that, you don't want it active before you take delivery since it would short change you on your complimentary 3 year service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:

• Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
  • Simplified graphics and improved usability
  • Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
  • Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
  • Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
  • Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal.

When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete."

Received my update today. Took about 20 minutes. System restarted 4 times and then done. Really don't notice any appearance differences.

The touch areas in each corner are a little bigger and the current song and artist now display on the home screen.

Just did the update this morning.

So far, I'm not noticing any major changes. The voice commands for navigation and use of my Ipod seem a bit improved. Outside temperature is displayed on the top of the home screen.

Two changes that I would like to see are not included:

- Have an option to display the date, time, or outside temp or some combination thereof on the home screen. There is plenty of room.

- On the Nav Compass display to the right of the steering wheel (small screen) move the 8-ball compass to the left of the screen and enlarge the Speed Limit sign display to make it easier to read. I'm driving unfamiliar roads a lot these days and I really like that feature but I find the Speed Limit sign to be hard to read because the font size is so small. The current design would look great on a computer monitor, but in a car bouncing down the road, with the driver's hand in the 2 o'clock position it is not as easy to see as it could be.

- Some of the screens could be streamlined and the Nav screen could be more intuitive.

Performance is good, but I have never had any issues with slow screen updates. On the whole, I like the system but I think it can be improved to make it less distracting.

I think we'll see more improvements and I think there will be a 4.0 version eventually.

Guest RRF985
Just updated mine. Took about 30 minutes. I like seeing the song and artist for Sirius on the home screen now. Haven't tried out anything else yet but wasn't expecting much else.

I'm glad to hear that was included in the update. Always thought that should have been there. Now I just need SMR to show there is an update available for me.

I'm glad to hear that was included in the update. Always thought that should have been there. Now I just need SMR to show there is an update available for me.

Actually it was there in the earlier release - but it only worked a small fraction of the time. I could get it to show up on the lower left corner (where it says Entertainment) some of the time but not always. It was definitely a bug. Now they moved it above the presets which works a lot better.