Sync summer update Gen2 v3.6

47Minutes

Well after a few days the surround sound function now is hit or miss as to whether it will be on next time I get in the car. Seems like if I leave the car off for a couple of hours and then start up it will usually be on. Overnight almost always will default back to off. One cool feature I noticed that was included in the update is in the back up camera. A red or yellow square quadrant will illuminate when backing up in the area the sensors detect may be a hazard. This never happened for me prior and don't know if anyone else has noticed this addition.

The colors in the back-up camera were always there for me in the prior version. It was a rear camera setting.

My problem is that the surround option disappeared from the Sound settings. I don't know how to get it back, unless it's tied to the type of radio or number of speakers installed.

Edited by Barsoom

The colors in the back-up camera were always there for me in the prior version. It was a rear camera setting.

I think he was talking about how inside the colored brackets it now shows colored squares when an object is in that zone, which is definitely new with 3.6. Edited by jinx8402

The color options is not new. The option for that was in the settings for the back up camera. What this update did was to have them turned on as the default setting instead of it being an option. That is why you are noticing it now.

As for the surround sound issue. I have a titanium and it too does not stay on when you set it up. It would have been nice if it was fixed but Ford did not specifically list it out as a fix so I doubt it was addressed.

Here, I'll help you on that one. On my Fusion, nothing but trouble since the upgrade... Black screen, black except for 'Entertainment', running but Navigation saying it's loading, not showing locaiton on Navigation map, inability to turn off the radio, lots of fun. Next time, I'll let Ford do it.

Why are the Fusion guys having no problems installing this and the Escape guys having issues? Just a general question....

Fusion guys are generally smarter. Just kidding.. actually my update worked fine and I checked it back in to the syncmyride site and all was fine, BUT now the site tells me I need a dealer-installed update which is Sync 3.6.2. I look at my full sync history and it clearly shows the 3.6.2 install two weeks ago, so today I ran a VHR but that made no difference (cleared up past mismatch on wife's Fusion in the past, figured it was worth a shot) -- so the sync 3.6.2 in the car appears to be working OK (except that the sync lady's voice comes on at full volume every time, even after turning it down, don't remember it doing that before).

I checked Sync My Ride and it is also telling me that I have a dealer installed software update that is due even though I already updated to 3.6.2 a week ago or so. I ran a VHR and it didn't clear it, so I made an appointment on line to take it in for this update since I already have an appointment for them to try and fix the speaker buzz/vibration issue this week.

I updated to the 3.6.2 the other day and now it says I have a dealer required update available also. Will have a nice list of to do's at the first oil change in about a month. TSB for fill ups and mileage, check on fuel module TSB, this update, fix one of the OH Sh!# handles in the back, and have them look at my headliner that is yellowing above the pillars by the passenger doors..

One thing I've noticed with the Sync update is that I lost the text notification on my iPhone 5. Even if I go into the phone settings and select an alert it states that my phone doesn't have the option on bluetooth.

However, I seem to have a rock solid connection so far. Microsoft progress? lol

I updated to the 3.6.2 the other day and now it says I have a dealer required update available also. Will have a nice list of to do's at the first oil change in about a month. TSB for fill ups and mileage, check on fuel module TSB, this update, fix one of the OH Sh!# handles in the back, and have them look at my headliner that is yellowing above the pillars by the passenger doors..

Me too. My syncmyride page shows that I have 3.6.2, DA5T-14D544-DB installed, yet it still wants me to take the car to the dealership to install the same thing! I suspect this is some more of Ford's poor software. If you installed the update and got the message and took your car to the dealer, would you please let the rest of us know what happened? Did the dealer install something else or is syncmyride out to lunch?

Thanks!

Me too. My syncmyride page shows that I have 3.6.2, DA5T-14D544-DB installed, yet it still wants me to take the car to the dealership to install the same thing! I suspect this is some more of Ford's poor software. If you installed the update and got the message and took your car to the dealer, would you please let the rest of us know what happened? Did the dealer install something else or is syncmyride out to lunch?

Thanks!

I took the car to the dealer today to have the dealer installed software recommendation from SyncMyRide to update the Sync software even though it confirmed that I already had 3.6.2 installed. The service adviser said that they tried to update the software but couldn't do it because my car already has the latest update. I think SyncMyRide has a glitch in it that sending us these update recommendations even though we have already performed that upgrade.

I took the car to the dealer today to have the dealer installed software recommendation from SyncMyRide to update the Sync software even though it confirmed that I already had 3.6.2 installed. The service adviser said that they tried to update the software but couldn't do it because my car already has the latest update. I think SyncMyRide has a glitch in it that sending us these update recommendations even though we have already performed that upgrade.

Thank you. I agree. It's a software error on the Syncmyride web site. (I'm a software engineer. I could help them fix that.) You've saved me a trip.

Called Ford and they acknowledge it's a web page bug. I have both completed and require the update.

Also 3.6.2 still working as intended since I ran her by the dealer. I know it is a coincidence, but still spooky that having the sync guy sit in my car, but not actually touch anything, fixed it. I'm in computer IT and I have fixed things buy stnding next to them before, never had it done TO me.