New Sync Update v3.6 !!

Escapism

Serenity now, serenity now.

I knew it all along, just got ahead of myself with wishful thinking.

Ahhh, gotcha. My apologies then. Some folks really don't understand that, and it's hard to tell the difference.

You really should just upgrade to a Windows 8 phone (this is more for akirby's fun). :)

iPhone 4S and 5 never had a text option in anyway but I'm glad for the update. Wish it would fix the navigation errors too. So happy to finally see an update in the mail no less but hope it actually does something. And if any of the pro's here know why do I have a wifi function that will not work? Will this update allow it?

It's entirely possible they left that feature out of MFT even though it's in sync. It's also possible the phone mfrs didn't fully implement the MAP profile correctly.

If you had one example where MFT allowed the feature then that would tell you it's the phone, not MFT.

Not to change the subject, this was copied from another Escape forum:

From the moderator at the MFT community site:

I was given some key features/improvements that I'm able to share. It's not as detailed as I hoped but, it's something:

1. Improved system performance
2. Improved Home Screen
- Increased Touch Zones on Home Screen
3. Improved screen interactions while using voice
4. Updated support for phones and media players
5. Improvements to System Installation
- Quicker install = 30 minutes
- Persistence of Navigation Favorites during installation

I hope to have more information for everyone as I get it.

Downloaded, Installed, and Reported Install all smoothly & without apparent issues. Install took about 24 min.

Haven't had time to explore features/improvements yet.

Had to re-pair phone & Nav Favorites Destinations. Didn't look at Radio presets.

The clock reset to 1 hr slow; seems tied to the 'GPS Time' (don't have the exact wording in front of me) option.

Got it updated this afternoon. Third time was the charm for me. Evidently it didn't like the brand new USB stick I used the first two times. Tried an old one I had laying around and it worked fine. Love the couple new features I noticed. Will check it out more tomorrow.

The usb drive must be FAT32 and blank.

I mentioned in another thread to always download to the PC first, since that's really pretty standard practice for downloading files. But, does that apply for Sync/MFT? Or, since it apparently requires Java (mentioned by someone else), does it do something to the drive (make it bootable?) to allow Sync to read it when you insert it, thus requiring you to download it to the usb drive? I've never updated our Flex as all of the updates for it have only been available to be done by the dealer (including the current pending update), so I haven't actually had to do any updates.

The usb drive must be FAT32 and blank.

The USB thumb drive should be formatted beforehand. Why do you think photographers format their cards after downloading. The "quick" format option on my PC took like 15 seconds. Plug your USB thumb drive in. Go to My Computer. Right click on the thumb drive and select "format". Check the box for quick formatting. A full blown format on my 32GB thumb drive is like 45 minutes or whatever.

I mentioned in another thread to always download to the PC first, since that's really pretty standard practice for downloading files. But, does that apply for Sync/MFT? Or, since it apparently requires Java (mentioned by someone else), does it do something to the drive (make it bootable?) to allow Sync to read it when you insert it, thus requiring you to download it to the usb drive? I've never updated our Flex as all of the updates for it have only been available to be done by the dealer (including the current pending update), so I haven't actually had to do any updates.

It does write directly to the usb drive. I don't remember if there was an option to save it elsewhere first. It may in fact create a bootable usb drive.

Upgraded mine this morning, took about 30 mins. I didnt get much time to play with it since I had to drop it off at the shop for another issue. I did notice those the Sync to GPS time still doesn't work. After the update it said it was 7:05, which is was really 8:05. I manually changed it, then I hit sync to GPS, and it went back to 7:05.