MKC interior spied... With buttons

This is what I don't get...outside of a couple controls for the heated steering and heated and cooled seats I have in my SHO, nearly everything else has an external button that can control it. They might be touch captive buttons, but I don't have issues with them.

Also given the MKC is based on the Escape, I wouldn't expect a huge change in them either...

I have the touch controls and while I don't have a problem with them I don't think they're worth the cost or the bad publicity. Good move. Now if they'll just make a dumbed down UI option for MFT so it boots into the Entertainment screen with buttons for Navigation, Climate and Phone so idiots don't get confused.........

No, then the media will complain about it being "dumbed down".

True. It is a no-win situation I suppose.

It's worked out to my advantage though. When my daughter totaled her 6 month old 2012 Focus we were able to pick up another 2012 with only 100 miles on it because the elderly owners couldn't figure out how to operate MFT so they traded it in. Their loss, our gain.

True. It is a no-win situation I suppose.

It's worked out to my advantage though. When my daughter totaled her 6 month old 2012 Focus we were able to pick up another 2012 with only 100 miles on it because the elderly owners couldn't figure out how to operate MFT so they traded it in. Their loss, our gain.

Wow, did they not drive the car before they bought it? Geez, talk about a costly decision!

And for the record, MFT in my Edge continues to perform admirably. The only problem it still has from time to time is switching which audio input it uses when starting the vehicle. Sometimes it'll go to FM on startup when I turned it off on USB, or occasionally the USB will just phantomly begin playing on its own when I'm on AM or FM.

The only actual "reliability" issue I've had on my Edge is the well-documented leaking PTU (I sure as heck hope they are finally using a different AWD system on the 2015!!) which I thankfully got replaced just as the warranty expired.

• Like 1

Wow, did they not drive the car before they bought it? Geez, talk about a costly decision!

Apparently not. The funny part is they came back after a week and wanted to just give it back and get a different one. My salesman said sorry, it doesn't work that way after it's titled but they did bend over backwards to get them into another vehicle. We lost the new vehicle rebate but it was a wash with the bigger discount. The owner's manual was still wrapped in plastic. :)