NAIAS red MKC w/ new wheel design

• 2 weeks later...

I like to think Lincoln's follow a similar color philosophy as Mercedes - lots of greys, whites, silvers and black. But I really like the MKZ's in the ruby color. I'd go white though on the MKC, no question! I also hate the chrome though, so would have to black out *a lot* of trim lol.

Edited by drob23

Holy eggplant batman!

I think it's vital for Lincoln to offer at least some unique colors not available on Fords. It's one more step to complete differentiation and one should be the easiest to implement (unless there is a limit on the number of unique colors in the paint shops).

I see they have a 10th color on the boards in the MKC Signature Finishes display. It appears to be Sunset, but I haven't seen any mention of this either on the website or order guide. They had a similar board with the different paint and interior colors at NAIAS and I can't recall seeing it there either. I've come to love this color more and more the longer I've had my car. It would be great to see them carry it over for additional model years.

The purple is another one of those colors that my initial reaction was "what were they thinking?" but I think could grow on me. I was hoping it would be a little truer to real Tahitian Pearls than the website suggests and have more of a color-shifting aspect to it, but it's simply deep purple. Still, it's a bold and unique option that will be interesting to see on the road.

I see they have a 10th color on the boards in the MKC Signature Finishes display. It appears to be Sunset, but I haven't seen any mention of this either on the website or order guide...

1. where are you seeing this? Link please!

2. the [blackLabel] color, "Chroma Flame" looked similar to Sunset in pix imho

ps

that photo from the Montreal show *IS* "Silver Sand"

I asked Lincoln on facebook

Edited by 2b2

^ & ^^ TY guys!! :thumbthumb:

I can read the first few & imho the colors shown are:

Tuxedo Black Metallic

Midnight Sapphire Metallic

Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

Smoke Quartz Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat