Report: Liberals Were Not Targeted by the IRS Despite Claims to Contrary

Now it has come out that Lois Lerner was exchanging emails with certain persons at DOJ to discuss the possibility of bringing legal action against groups they targeted. This is fascism 101.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/16/uncovered-emails-show-lerner-talked-with-justice-about-irs-targeting/

So the DOJ wanted to investigate groups violating the law in relation to their non-profit status and that's wrong.

Now it has come out that Lois Lerner was exchanging emails with certain persons at DOJ to discuss the possibility of bringing legal action against groups they targeted. This is fascism 101.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/16/uncovered-emails-show-lerner-talked-with-justice-about-irs-targeting/

In a May 2013 email, Lerner responded to a Justice Department inquiry about whether tax-exempt groups could be criminally prosecuted for lying about political activity.

If, in fact, groups engaged primarily in political activities falsified their applications for 501 c 4 status, shouldn't they be prosecuted for falsifying the forms?

Even under the loose standard the IRS used, contrary to the letter of the statute, groups like Crossroads GPS would not be eligible to take advantage of the tax exempt status under 501 c 4.

Its selective for sure. The whole thing smells of a cover up. Why does it take years to get Lois Lerners emails? If it was me they were after they would have all of my emails before the sun went down.

I can report that---------->both progressives and rinos want the Tea Party to go away, as they are a threat to both of their continued rule. A 50-50 chance of getting elected, is a whole lot better than one in 3 if you have to fight through a primary; and if you add libertarians who are gaining steam, all of the Washington elites are going to close ranks to keep the "new people" out.

Truth be told, even if not reported is----------> Washington is getting nervous. People of BOTH partys are really getting pissed, and Washington is afraid they might lose control of the power structure. What would Washington elites do if they couldn't control our lives, lol. These Washington inbreads went through this twice in modern times........once under Reagan, and the second time under the "contract with America" congress. In both instances, Americans became confident, the economy blossomed, and all of the "crisis" fell away from Americas shoulders. If you want to transform America, you can't have that, because people are happy and content.

This is why everything is now a crisis that isn't, and also why the main thing that IS a crisis; meaning policy that would allow jobs to be created, is ignored, never addressed, or an excuse is made why we can't do it. (think environmentalism)

Yes chevys, they do wear cellophane! Now if only we can get the rest of the people to see it.

Its selective for sure. The whole thing smells of a cover up. Why does it take years to get Lois Lerners emails? If it was me they were after they would have all of my emails before the sun went down.

Likely because its the same political motivated people "investigating" the BATFE Fast & Furious operation, Benghazi , IRS, etc.

If a string of emails or documents exonerated the parties involved they would likely have appear long ago. Things less flattering get buried or disappear.

Several things look bad and the stonewalling or selective disclosure only perpetuates it.

If a given group applies for 501 status it is the function of the IRS to determine weather or not that group meets the criteria. It is not the function of the IRS to try and pursue criminal charges because certain persons within the IRS do not agree with the political affiliation of said group. That is called fascism. Either they meet the criteria or they don't. If they don't then the IRS just needs to say "You don't meet the criteria because of political activities X, Y and Z. Thank you for applying." It is not the place for the IRS to say "Not only do you not meet the criteria for 501 status because of X, Y and Z but we are also going to file criminal charges against you for even trying to obtain said 501 status." Again, fascism. There are many left wing political groups that have obtained 501c status over the years but when a flurry of right wing political groups try to obtain the same status all of a sudden it is something that warrants criminal charges? I don't think so. When it walks like it, talks like it and smells like it, you call it what it is. Fascism.

Edited by BlackHorse

I was under the impression that intentionally falsifying your documents was a crime and that the IRS could investigate such crimes and pass their findings along to prosecutors. If the IRS believed that groups were doing such it would be appropriate for the IRS to ask for more information and then if they felt there was intent then to pass it along for investigation. What was potentially wrong was the bias of certain individuals, not the ability of the IRS to investigate a crime. This doesn't met the standard definition of fascism.

Langston, lets be clear: You are okay with the IRS targeting particular groups for prosecution because of their political leanings. You defend the practice because you share the dislike for the groups that are being targeted. You have no issue with different branches of the bureaucracy banding together to accomplish political intimidation. It is not tyranny when your people are doing it.

Langston, lets be clear: You are okay with the IRS targeting particular groups for prosecution because of their political leanings. You defend the practice because you share the dislike for the groups that are being targeted. You have no issue with different branches of the bureaucracy banding together to accomplish political intimidation. It is not tyranny when your people are doing it.

Let's be clear that individuals showed a level of bias that should not have happened but the idea that the government can not prosecute fraud by groups is ludicrous. I believe that government employees, including ones nominated by republicans should not show bias. However, I don't see this as a conspiracy.

Let's be clear that individuals showed a level of bias that should not have happened but the idea that the government can not prosecute fraud by groups is ludicrous. I believe that government employees, including ones nominated by republicans should not show bias. However, I don't see this as a conspiracy.

Show us some of the evidence of this alleged fraud and I'll agree with you. To me it sounds like all the "evidence" they needed was that they were conservative.

• Like 2

If there was fraud on the part of the Tea Party organizations that applied for 501 status than you would not have had Lois Lerner coming forward and openly admitting that those groups were wrongfully and intentionally targeted by the IRS. Why were they intentionally targeted? Fascism. Why anyone is still talking to Langston? I don't know. We all know what he is going to do. No matter how corrupt or illegal or tyrannical the left wing party conducts itself he will defend them.

The Tea Party groups were the victim of a political witch hunt for no other reason than because liberal activists in high positions within the federal government abused the power of their office to conduct said witch hunt. Now we are really finding out how deep the roots of this behavior were going as it comes to light that other agencies within the government were being contacted and brought into the fray in an effort to intimidate, harass and even criminalize ordinary American citizens for having the courage to exercise their first amendment rights and say "I don't like how the government is conducting itself in our name and with our money." How dare they.

Edited by BlackHorse

That any 501©4 groups being targeted have actually done anything illegal to warrant the blanket scrutiny.

Of course they were. They were self identified conservatives and self identified Christians and in the mind of liberal fascists that is all the warrant they need.

Nick,

I fully believe that the majority of applicants (both right and left were going to engage in fraud by applying for Tax exempt status and that a sudden surge of Tea Party groups likely helped garner attention. There may have been partisan politics involved, but undoubtedly there was skepticism towards the applicant's.

Nick,

I fully believe that the majority of applicants (both right and left were going to engage in fraud by applying for Tax exempt status and that a sudden surge of Tea Party groups likely helped garner attention. There may have been partisan politics involved, but undoubtedly there was skepticism towards the applicant's.

Skepticism is not guilt.

Skepticism is not guilt.

Side note:9 days of "Off Topic" Detox. I can highly recommend it. My blood pressure returned to normal. My frustration level has ebbed. However, while lurking, I found it difficult to resist inserting my opinions.

As it appears the venomous language also subsided, for the most part, I will endeavor to restrain myself.

In reply to Nick.....

Especially when people are skeptical of the actions and intentions of this administration.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Side note:9 days of "Off Topic" Detox. I can highly recommend it. My blood pressure returned to normal. My frustration level has ebbed. However, while trolling, I found it difficult to resist inserting my opinions.

As it appears the venomous language also subsided, for the most part, I will endeavor to restrain myself.

In reply to Nick.....

Especially when people are skeptical of the actions and intentions of this administration.

You mean lurking right? Trolling is what you used to do.