Chevy launches new Aveo

Blue Oval Staff

The Aveo was sort of thrown into the US market before it was tailored to it, but they established the market and now lead. With the update, Chevy has a firm grip on this segment. However, volume is not that high on this car. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Aveo one of the weakest sellers in the Chevy fold?

So, the new Aveo gets Focus gas mileage? Cool.

Yeah, it's all that cutting-edge Daewoo technology.

I always thought the Aveo wasn't half-bad. Especially now, with the new competition of Fit, Versa, & Yaris the Aveo (with discounts...it is a Chevy afterall.) handily undercuts their prices. The real competition for the Aveo is the Accent & Rio, and with Hyundai & Kia dealers being sparce in some areas of the country, plus the fact that many people won't even look at H. or K. means Chevy has quite a bit of this low-end market to themselves.

Scott

It's a Daewoo engine, which isn't very efficient to begin with, it's not really the size or the weight of the car.

I had a friend back out of a Honda Civic purchase when he found out the Civic Si, had V6 like fuel economy. He just couldn't believe it, so "Honda-boy" (as he called himself) is now looking at other vehicles. If he's so inclined, I told him to try a V6 Accord since it's almost the same fuel estimates.

It's a Daewoo engine, which isn't very efficient to begin with, it's not really the size or the weight of the car.

I had a friend back out of a Honda Civic purchase when he found out the Civic Si, had V6 like fuel economy. He just couldn't believe it, so "Honda-boy" (as he called himself) is now looking at other vehicles. If he's so inclined, I told him to try a V6 Accord since it's almost the same fuel estimates.

Gotta love "high Performance" I4's...my SVT Focus MPG wasn't anything to write home about either, it was only 2 MPG or so more then the 98 Mustang GT I had taking the same route to work everyday.

Whats so new about the Aevo? Looks like the old one with a newer grill...

Edited by silvrsvt

The Aveo is dirt cheap, I think that is the major reason for its success. Everybody is under the false impression that the Aveo is here to offer a fuel sipping alternative. The Aveo hit the market just before fuel become an issue. Chevy was more interested in taking on the cheap Koreans.

I had a Scion that got a lil' bit upset tonight because when he made a right onto a main street, I did as well, but jumped over to the left most lane and gunned it. Dont know WHY the hell he thought it would be cute to try to catch up, but didnt matter...red light came up. Then when it turned green, he must have turned red seeing me blast off in my LS. And this whole time I'm thinking "A Scion? Really, get real!..in fact, a GET REAL car even if it's used"

An Aveo SS, would be a joke...

Man, that was a big help. Thanks for all your helpful insight and detailed information.

Well i am sorry, I guess I just figured you had eyes and a brain and could look between two pictures and see the obvious completely new design.

Edited by DCK

Well i am sorry, I guess I just figured you had eyes and a brain and could look between two pictures and see the obvious completely new design.

What ever, I'm not the only one that thinks it looks like the same car with a new front end. Sorry you have a problem with that. Maybe you could point out the obvious complete redesign details to a dumb ass like me.

http://www.chevrolet.com/aveo/

The ONLY reason you would buy an Aveo is because of price. The Focus gives you more size, safety and features for the same fuel economy. If you wondered where they did the cost cutting on the Aveo...this picture will help you find the answer... :o

No thanks...if I want a fuel efficient car I will spend a little more and get a Focus.

post-19901-1156011404_thumb.jpg

Wow, strong vision. The Aveo changed a lot more from a design point than the Ford suv's aka explorer, escape and expedition.

hmm: 2004 Aveo

54326.jpg

Changes I can see here for 2007: New Front Fasica, new door skins, new tail lights/

But wait!

2006 Aveo Hatchback:

aveo%201.jpg

2007 Aveo hatchback:

31959279-2-200-0.gif

Holy shit no changes at all! So Chevy's lets change one body style is better then Fords?

Why the Focus gets as good as MPG as the smaller Aveo and looks nicer to boot

The aveo gets absolute down right terrible gas mileage for its size, even people over at GMI will agree with that. Toyota and Honda are the places to go for fuel economy right now. Where is fords and GM's 40+ mpg vehicle, yeah we get it, maybe in 2008 or 2009.

hmm: 2004 Aveo

54326.jpg

Changes I can see here for 2007: New Front Fasica, new door skins, new tail lights/

But wait!

2006 Aveo Hatchback:

aveo%201.jpg

2007 Aveo hatchback:

31959279-2-200-0.gif

Holy shit no changes at all! So Chevy's lets change one body style is better then Fords?

Did i say that hatch back got changed? No. But the sedan did change a lot more than the Ford suv's. Maybe you should hold your argument until Ford doesn't have 20 year old vehicles on the lot anymore. I Mean really Ford is the definition of launch and let it rot and die on the lots for years past when it should of been replaced, and then when they do they become quite cheap with sheetmetal changes. Ford is going to change according to Fields but how about we wait until they do. Also the aveo has only been on the market for 3 years, the escape is will be seven before it gets its pathetic cheap redo where the outside will look the same.