Ford posts 1.2 Billion profit

You missed the point Dean. People like to say the 2.0LEB was a replacement for the 3.0L in the Fusion because it's the next highest engine above the 2.5L I4. But the reality is the 2.0LEB has power closer to the 3.5 than the 3.0L. And the 2.3L has power similar to the 3.7 while the 2.7L goes FAR beyond the 3.7L power level.

I read that as referring to the 3.0 in the Edge and Explorer...lol...I like lamp.....I have HIGH hopes for that 2.7 eco...Fusion ST here we go.....

wonder , when UNCORKED IN THE GRWD ( ahem ) what the 2.7 HP numbers will hit?....350plus?...

Did you all respond on the wrong thread? Haha.

I read that as referring to the 3.0 in the Edge and Explorer...lol...I like lamp.....I have HIGH hopes for that 2.7 eco...Fusion ST here we go.....

Or an F150 5.4 3V owner comes in and gets blown away by how well the 2.7 EB performs

and how good the fuel economy is compared to his truck..

Or an F150 5.4 3V owner comes in and gets blown away by how well the 2.7 EB performs

and how good the fuel economy is compared to his truck..

Except for the fuel mileage. Combined 2014 models, 18 MPG for the Eco-boost, 19 MPG for the 5.3V8 GM, and 20 MPG for the Ram V6. Hope the 2015 F150 blows them away.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1084986_2014-pickup-truck-gas-mileage-ford-vs-chevy-vs-ram-whos-best

Except for the fuel mileage. Combined 2014 models, 18 MPG for the Eco-boost, 19 MPG for the 5.3V8 GM, and 20 MPG for the Ram V6. Hope the 2015 F150 blows them away.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1084986_2014-pickup-truck-gas-mileage-ford-vs-chevy-vs-ram-whos-best

CAFE is worked on highway cycle mileage, not combined so the difference compared to older versions will be greater.

The people looking to change their trucks will generally have much older versions with either the 3.6 or 5.4 3V or 2V.

the older F150s with 5.4 get around 19 mpg on the highway cycle, the 2.7 will most likely be around 25-30% better.

Those versions had much worse fuel economy

I'll be curious on October sales...its been PAINFUL to say the least....

It's been pretty busy here in central MO. My MIL just bought a new Escape over the weekend and she said the place was packed with people buying new vehicles! She had to wait in line to sign papers, and she even had an appt.

• 4 weeks later...

I totally agree with Richard about EUR. Too many "car guys" think it's some kind of "Car Fantasyland", just because of 'twisty roads', thinking all cars there have manuals and drive like a sports car. But reality is they are 'nanny states' dictating that people should not drive/own a car. Most are on unemployment, and cram onto busses.

Ford should concentrate on emerging markets, like China and India and not waste cash for the car purists.

The luxo German makes are building more SUV's, automatic trans, and softer riding cars. No way are they 'pure enthusiasts driving machines'. They freely admit that 'the sports car is dead' and that there is no profit in just making "drivers cars".

Edited by 630land