How Long

OAC : Oakville Assembly Complex. Formerly OAP - Oakville Assembly Plant and OTP - Ontario Truck Plant

- Edge, MKX, Flex, MKT

DTP : Dearborn Truck Plant. This is the assembly plant currently operating at the Rouge Complex

- F150

MAP - Michigan Assembly Plant. Formerly MTP - Michigan Truck plant and WAP - Wayne Assembly Plant.

- Focus, CMax

FRAP - Flat Rock Assembly Plant. Previously, this was called "AAI" from "Auto Alliance International", when Mazda and Ford had a joint ownership stake.

- Mustang, Fusion

CAP - Chicago Assembly (this abbreviation is used less often on the forum, the plant is usually called "Chicago" here)

- Taurus, MKS, Explorer

KCAP - Kansas City Assembly Plant

- Line 1 - F150

- Line 2 - Transit

HMO - Hermosillo Assembly Plant

- Fusion, MKZ

CUAP - Cuautitlan Assembly Plant (like CAP, this abbreviation is used less often. Usually we use a misspelled version of Cuautitlan)

- Fiesta

OHAP - Ohio Assembly Plant (in Avon Lake, on the outskirts of Cleveland)

- E-Series, F650, F750

KTP - Kentucky Truck Plant (in Louisville)

- Super Duty, Expedition, Navigator

LAP - Louisville Assembly Plant (also in Louisville, but nowhere near KTP)

- Escape, MKC

--

Defunct plants that are mentioned from time to time:

SLAP - St. Louis Assembly (last product: the BOF Explorer)

STAP - St. Thomas Assembly--In St. Thomas, Ontario halfway between Toronto & Detroit (last product: Crown Vic, Town Car)

TCAP - Twin Cities Assembly (last product: Ranger)

Norfolk - Norfolk, Virginia (last product: F150)

Wixom - Wixom, Michigan (last product: Town Car--yes, the Town Car closed down two factories)

Edison - Edison, New Jersey (last product: Ranger--just like the Town Car!)

Lorain - Lorain, Ohio (last product: "MN12" Thunderbird, Cougar and Mark VIII)

HAP - Hapville (Atlanta) Assembly Plant (last product: "DN101"--previous generation--Ford Taurus)

On a side note, just seeing how may plants closed vs how many are still open is very sobering. That massive loss of jobs is very depressing and you realize what a miracle it was to save this company at all.

• Like 1

That massive loss of jobs

That is one of my major, major issues with GM and Chrysler.

I get no sense that the leadership at either company appreciates their responsibilities to their employees and retirees.

I'm not saying that concern over the hundreds of thousands of employees and retirees should paralyze management, making them afraid to take any risks....

But I would like to see some sense that people like de Nysschen & Marchionne (for instance) understand that their risky business practices will have serious long-term consequences to entire cities if (when) they fail.

I mean, Reuss and Barra have given de Nysschen carte blanche to spend and spend and spend, but if this doesn't work out, it's going to be thousands of rank and file people out of work, not just de Nysschen, Barra and Reuss and their ten figure golden parachutes.

• Like 1