thinking used fusion for my daughter. 2010 maybe?

Tico

I too am in the same boat although I am looking for a manual. Not to hijack this thread but any issues with the manual?

I would look for the typical issues with a manual. Listen for clutch growl, have it inspected and/or replaced if necessary. I have heard of people complaining of a overly stiff clutch pedal, but it doesn't seem to effect performance

I am looking under 50k if I can find it. There are a few around. Why kinda tranny issues? My '04 Taurus died of a bad tranny. But that was over 100k miles. Anything else besides tranny? How is it in the snow? The car I mean. Any positives to this car anyone wants to mention?

The I4 (2.5L) - automatic is a great combination. Impressive mileage for that size of car.

The only "odd" thing about the first gen Fusions is premature rear brake wear (30-35k). My car seems to wear the RR faster than the LR.

That's now the norm on new vehicles, not just Fusion and not just Ford.

I am looking under 50k if I can find it. There are a few around. Why kinda tranny issues? My '04 Taurus died of a bad tranny. But that was over 100k miles. Anything else besides tranny? How is it in the snow? The car I mean. Any positives to this car anyone wants to mention?

I can attest to their ability in the white stuff....I drove my 2012 into the NY Metro Area one week after I bought it when a surprise winter Nor'easter hit the region....cars, trucks and SUV's all over the place....my Fusion kept right on moving...I got snows all around after that and traveling to the western part of NY was a snap as well....winter storms are infamous around here....not one single problem at all.

My Aunt had her tranny die at 150k in her 2007 Fusion 2.3 4 cylinder. The shop that repaired it said that those transmissions were notorious for failure. But if my information is correct the 2.5 has a different transmission that is much better.

As for positives they are pretty darn reliable. My Aunt only had 1 other problem than the transmission, and that was premature driver seat wear which I understand was sorted out. She got great mileage, as do I, for the size of the car. Compared to my wife's "problem child" Fiesta, my Fusion is a model of reliability.

Edited by MountainLion