Is your local fighting to stop your buyout ?

the_wizard

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this article points to locals fighting your buyouts, check this out !

Freepress locals fight UAW buyouts

"I don't call them buyouts -- I call them sellouts," said Mario Guerreso, president of UAW Local 245, which represents more than 2,500 Ford workers at various facilities in Dearborn, such as the research and engineering center.

Guerreso, for example, estimated his local would lose $12,000 a month if just 50 of his members took buyouts.

WTF? Is this the general consensus in Dearborn or any other Ford plant for that matter? Did Mario get an opinion poll to determine if the membership in his local wanted buyouts or is he acting on his own?

I'm sure this clown and any others like him have never fought this hard for the union members when their jobs were being lost! But now that we may actually get a chance to save our selves and take control of our future FOR ONCE the union is going to stand in our way?! Nice---goes to show you whats really important--dollars and cents! Who's the sell out in this situation Mario!

That's just TUFF SHIT to him! :fan: :fan: Calling people who take buyouts "sellouts" ? It'll be interesting to see how many more people would take it this time around. If this is the UAW's secret mentality well they can shove it up their ass! GREEDY BASTARDS!

People make decisions to benefit themselves DEPENDING ON THE INDIVIDUAL'S SITUATION. The UAW does not tell people what to do. That's why we are all forced to pay union dues because this state is not a "Right to Work" state! What part of that do they still not understand? Anybody that still believes otherwise is a total fool and is dumb! Especially the ones who are told by the UAW to vote for politicans who are unqualified to hold elective office! That also includes executive boards and plant elections too!

funny because i believe at tcap our local will be fighting the international to get us buyouts.

You are exactly right. The TCAP union leadership, believe it or not have been working on this for a while. The company and international union were the ones slow to the table. Hats off to the Local 879 Bldg Chair and his committee for trying to do what's best for the membership and surprisingly this makes better business sense too. I've been told that quality went down the toilet in the 80's when they tried line speed reductions. All of this just drags out an already slow death. TCAP knows the what the last chapter of the book says, let's skip the details and get some closure so folks can move on, sooner than later. Company wide buyouts so everyone gets a piece of the pie, 1 yr senority and up.

Ford buyout plan chills UAW locals

It's a death blow if workers aren't replaced, (UAW) official says.

The workers are not going to be replaced because the plants are closing, doesn't the UAW get it.

The UAW officials are in a panic and have resorted to name calling instead of giving out truthful information and the UAW has taken for granted for that the union members cannot think for themselves. But that is the UAWs mistake.

To Ford management: Offer the buyouts, many will accept. Leave the UAW out of it.

"But some fear that a rapid exodus of Ford UAW members could force cost-cutting and possibly even consolidation at UAW locals around metro Detroit, where Ford's operations are concentrated. Union budgets are based on members' dues.

Guerreso, for example, estimated his local would lose $12,000 a month if just 50 of his members took buyouts.

Consequently, he said he and other union leaders facing similar situations would only support a buyout program if Ford agrees to replace -- in some fashion -- workers who leave.

He would like to see Ford replace every worker who leaves with another worker, or, at the very least, consider replacing every two workers who leave with one worker.

"Even if they were thinking of bringing them in at a lower pay scale, or a two-tier pay system,I wouldn't have any problem with that," he said."

The only thing this guy cares about is the loss in union dues, pathetic.

This doesn't suprise me one bit!! Less money to take all those nice trips to Vegas, Hawaii, Florida, Atlantic City, & Bahama's. Instead of staying in a 5 star motel they might have SLUM and stay in a 4 star now. That would be unacceptable.

The only thing this guy cares about is the loss in union dues, pathetic.

We just received a bulletin today that all the local Presidents and Chairmen are to meet in Detroit on August 29th for talks about the company wide buyouts. I'd like to go and and see what will become of Mario! :finger: If he makes it that long...

Edited by sunoco260

WOW. Ive been posting about this since Feb 20, when our local president stood in front of us and proudly said he stopped the buyouts!! We just had a round of sign up in May at my ACH plant (which we all know stands for FORSALE!!) and just under 200 signed up and Ford said let them all go and back fill with one of the 140 plus GEN. Our local president was again pround to YELL it to me that he was not going to use GEN, but then why did he tell us in our meeting about the sign up he would use GEN????? So only 120 got to go. We all need to stand together that want the buyout and call international and call Ford HR in Dearborn and let them know you want the buyout. Just as 40 plus local presidents have voiced there mouth agaisnt us deciding whats right for us. Just like todays article says there worried about head count which will hurt the UAW bank, or should I say free lunches and free trips free jackets, free shirts and all those towels for the bowling leagues.

WOW. Ive been posting about this since Feb 20, when our local president stood in front of us and proudly said he stopped the buyouts!! We just had a round of sign up in May at my ACH plant (which we all know stands for FORSALE!!) and just under 200 signed up and Ford said let them all go and back fill with one of the 140 plus GEN. Our local president was again pround to YELL it to me that he was not going to use GEN, but then why did he tell us in our meeting about the sign up he would use GEN????? So only 120 got to go. We all need to stand together that want the buyout and call international and call Ford HR in Dearborn and let them know you want the buyout. Just as 40 plus local presidents have voiced there mouth agaisnt us deciding whats right for us. Just like todays article says there worried about head count which will hurt the UAW bank, or should I say free lunches and free trips free jackets, free shirts and all those towels for the bowling leagues.

Here is what else is sad that this article won't tell you , Mario is local 245 by christmas that local will have 90 people in GEN instead of allowing the buyouts to high senority and letting these lower senority work, he's blocking it and actually costing jobs in the long run ! Also this local just added ANOTHER chairman why don't you guys at 245 go on a diet !!

Wiz,

Many of us learned through word of mouth who was stopping the buyouts a while back.

Those people who want to be bought out, put HOW much money in dues into their coffures, and now they can somehow hold them hostage???????

Seems to me there might be a lawsuit there from blatant discriminatory action, but then I am not a lawyer.

It probably won't be the last time I say this, but I feel this is a great time to use it--------------->you union chairpeople want more dues paying members; help us all out and GO PARK YOUR ASSES IN FRONT OF GEORGETOWN KENTUCKY!!!!

I'm sure this clown and any others like him have never fought this hard for the union members when their jobs were being lost! But now that we may actually get a chance to save our selves and take control of our future FOR ONCE the union is going to stand in our way?! Nice---goes to show you whats really important--dollars and cents! Who's the sell out in this situation Mario!

Your post is 100% correct!I say the union members at that local do a recall and vote to remove him from office.Then they can rehire him at lower wages like he suggested for anybody new hiring in.He should not have a problem with that because those were his own words!I cannot believe that hypocracy of calling people who take the buyouts "sellouts".Where were these guys when they were sending our jobs to Mexico and Canada?Vegas maybe?

We just received a bulletin today that all the local Presidents and Chairmen are to meet in Detroit on August 29th for talks about the company wide buyouts. I'd like to go and and see what will become of Mario! If he makes it that long...

The UAW chairmen/presidents claim every other week that they are traveling to meet on buyouts.

What is there to meet on?

If Ford is offering buyouts, the workers want them. No reason for a meeting.

Leave those jokers from the UAW out of it, just another excuse for them to spend union funds on travel.

In my opio, and its just that, i hope all that want buyouts get them. I also hope those that are left are ready to stand and fight. Sad to say but some 70 years ago there were men pissing in coke bottles on the line sleeping in the lawn outside the plant and being beat for saying union. BY NO MEANS AM I DEFENDING OUR CURENT UNION OFFICALS!!! I'm only saying those that sacrificed many years before I was born did it for them and us! If nobody stands it will all crumble. Not just the big three but alot lager picture. I have 1 son and 1 on the way and for their future I hope I can leave them something to be proud of. Anyways good luck to all on your choice and I hope it works out for all!

Ha, good ole Mario is nothing but a rebel butthead. We had our state of the company meeting at the pilot plant a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't even there to awnser questions for his people, he sent another 245 rep down. We have 2 locals at the pilot plant. My prez was there and indicated to our group that while he rather not do buyouts, he sees the writing on the wall and knows that any fight towards preventing buyouts could spell disaster for the membership later on this year or even worse, next contract. I have to believe that most of the UAW reps want to do the best thing for the membership, and right now, that is buyouts. And for all the people (I have to get this off my chest) who compare this bit of down sizing to that in the 70's, it is no where near the same animal. In the 70's it was a really bad economy, this bit of trouble is competition driven. Cars are still being sold in the market, just not ours. Hopefully our upper management will inspire our engineers to design a few more cars that the public want to buy.

Mario and other high ranking officials need to understand they will not be able to stop attrition. Blocking buyouts would be the most selfish/near sighted thing they could do. This is an issue that should be decided by each and every union brother/sister. Each persons case is unique and the decision should be left up to us...the membership.

How the Union deals with future dues and loss of membership is something they will have to work through.

It's called a contingency plan. Kind of like the contingency plan Ford should have had in place if gas prices spiked...

Don't deny those with an opportunity at a severence package because you are concerned with future dues. Many people, especially those at plants slated to close, have high seniority and company wide buyouts could create some openings for them. How would Mario feel if he was in Norfolk or AAP or TCAP with 26 years of seniority and no chance to transfer? I bet he would be singing a different tune...

Ha, good ole Mario is nothing but a rebel butthead. We had our state of the company meeting at the pilot plant a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't even there to awnser questions for his people, he sent another 245 rep down. We have 2 locals at the pilot plant. My prez was there and indicated to our group that while he rather not do buyouts, he sees the writing on the wall and knows that any fight towards preventing buyouts could spell disaster for the membership later on this year or even worse, next contract. I have to believe that most of the UAW reps want to do the best thing for the membership, and right now, that is buyouts. And for all the people (I have to get this off my chest) who compare this bit of down sizing to that in the 70's, it is no where near the same animal. In the 70's it was a really bad economy, this bit of trouble is competition driven. Cars are still being sold in the market, just not ours. Hopefully our upper management will inspire our engineers to design a few more cars that the public want to buy.

How can you say the best thing for the membership is buyouts? Can you see there future or do you only care about yours. Most of the people on this post are really company people who's stab their momma in the back for a penny. Sad to say but a measly 100, 000. is not going to support someone forever. And when the moneys gone then what. I guess you don't care as long as you get yours. Thats not a real union person. REal union people care about people.

How can you say the best thing for the membership is buyouts? Can you see there future or do you only care about yours. Most of the people on this post are really company people who's stab their momma in the back for a penny. Sad to say but a measly 100, 000. is not going to support someone forever. And when the moneys gone then what. I guess you don't care as long as you get yours. Thats not a real union person. REal union people care about people.

This is 2006. U also believe in the Easter Bunny, Tooth Ferry,Santa livin at the north pole,Magic Car SAlesman selling all Ford vehicles so we can keep marketshare to justify jobs. :finger::doh: If you dont help the company the union will not have anything to unionize. Change or Die or you Dead.