2016 Maxima shown off on Super Bowl ad

silvrsvt

They have managed to pull an "Accura" in the styling department and are perpetuating much of this poor design through a large portion of their line-up. And when sales don't meet expectations they will probably blame it on everything else other than the styling.

First Acura. Then Lexus. Now Infiniti. Is there something in the water over there?

I've been saying that for years now, since the parent brands (Honda, Toyota, and Nissan, respectively) of those companies have done the same thing. As I've said several times before, I think they have a competition going between themselves to see which of the three companies can make the ugliest vehicle yet still have us Americans buy it. :stirpot:

• Like 2

First Acura. Then Lexus. Now Infiniti. Is there something in the water over there?

It's a reaction to the accusations that their vehicles are cursed with boring, forgettable styling. Or, more accurately, an over-reaction to that charge.

Acura has toned down the "beak" on its latest products, and is probably the least offensive of the trio. I'd even say that the MDX, RDX, TLX and revamped ILX are good-looking vehicles.

So this is what they meant by this years Super Bowl ads being: "Depressing"

Also, HOLY HELL that car is ugly lol, talk about over-kill.

I'm also mad at Nissan for ruining Cats in the Cradle.

I was tired of that song long before this commercial used it. It's one of those oldies that our local stations play repeatedly.

Ugh...I dunno I like it for some reason, but at the same time its not going to age very well either. Just too much going on with it. Over styled....

Kinda reminds me of the Mitsubishi Starion...I thought it was ugly at first then it grew on me.

Edited by silvrsvt