As nice as this car will be and as much fun as it would be to have between the really small numbers they'll be here in and the assured markups that will be placed on them I think I'll be sticking with my ST.

I suppose you can go the Mountune route.

I would love to be in the market for this car and think it will be a huge hit-good to see they are limiting production but that might change if the demand is that much greater than the supply.

If you were thinking of a high performance VW Golf then this is your only logical choice-though the Subaru STI is a hell of a car also. Good to see the OEM's putting a lot of effort into this segment.

expect addendums, we got 3 for the entire 2016 run....Order banks open Oct 12, expected delivery Spring 2016 ( but we all know we should double that, divide by 3 and multiply by the square root of 5 for semi accurate release dates...lol )

I was reading a document that stated USA dealerships who have had good sales number of Fiesta/Focus ST will get priority allocation, or how Ford words it "earns allocation".

Also read on focusfanatics forum, a poster (USA based) was told by his dealership that they would be getting 13 RS. I find this a wee bit suspect.

Edited by MKII

I played this game with my GT500 back in 07’ but I’ll not be participating in this buffoonery this time. I was lucky in that I had a dealer that didn’t fleece me with an ADM. Still Ford sold everybody a bill of goods in that the GT500 would be a limited run which seems to be the claim with the RS too. I want the RS but I still haven’t gotten it approved through the purchasing department (the wife), plus I can wait a year if need be as they will be available then I’m sure. I’m going to my dealer this Thursday and I hope to get more information about availability then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't a clue what the allocation would be up here. I suspect the 3 1/2 metro areas (Van, Cal, Tor and Mon) would definitely get some. The rest of the country you'd have to order it and hope for the best. If the RS is assembled and shipped from Germany, would the time to order be limited to say twice a year? I was looking at a GTI back in the day and I was told that. I don't know if that's correct.

I haven't a clue what the allocation would be up here. I suspect the 3 1/2 metro areas (Van, Cal, Tor and Mon) would definitely get some. The rest of the country you'd have to order it and hope for the best. If the RS is assembled and shipped from Germany, would the time to order be limited to say twice a year? I was looking at a GTI back in the day and I was told that. I don't know if that's correct.

Not always, when I got my Raptor back in '10 some of the people with the first ones were actually from the smaller dealerships. I don't think anyone at Ford other than the original programmer has any clue how allocation works; it might have changed but it used to be done by zones, potential for future sales, what is being sold in that area, incentives, order priority, regional rep, customer history, as well as host of other things. Having a few friends at different dealerships and most just throw up their hands and have no clue when or if something limited is going to show up. Personally I think a lot is political too. Small dealers don't have to play the political games that the suburban/urban dealers do, no one is going to get mad that Carman Ford in Carman Manitoba gets a Focus RS ordered for a customer, where the Ford dealer rep in Vancouver will catch anger, which then gets run way up the flag pole if Brown Brothers get 6 and Cam Clark and Coastal only get 1 even though Brown sold more ST's. Or It just so happens that Coastal knows a VP well and they get 4, and the others 1. Sales do play a role in it but they are not the only factor.

What is also odd is how they are delivered, when I got my Truck the dealer got all 4 they ordered in 2 days, then not another one until 2011MY, where another dealer they would have one show up at a time, then another one 2-3 months later. My friend was telling me one dealer just got 4 of the Explorer Platinums, where he works has 6 on order and have gotten none of them, early December is what Ford is telling them now for delivery at his dealership.

• Like 1

Not always, when I got my Raptor back in '10 some of the people with the first ones were actually from the smaller dealerships. I don't think anyone at Ford other than the original programmer has any clue how allocation works; it might have changed but it used to be done by zones, potential for future sales, what is being sold in that area, incentives, order priority, regional rep, customer history, as well as host of other things. Having a few friends at different dealerships and most just throw up their hands and have no clue when or if something limited is going to show up. Personally I think a lot is political too. Small dealers don't have to play the political games that the suburban/urban dealers do, no one is going to get mad that Carman Ford in Carman Manitoba gets a Focus RS ordered for a customer, where the Ford dealer rep in Vancouver will catch anger, which then gets run way up the flag pole if Brown Brothers get 6 and Cam Clark and Coastal only get 1 even though Brown sold more ST's. Or It just so happens that Coastal knows a VP well and they get 4, and the others 1. Sales do play a role in it but they are not the only factor.

What is also odd is how they are delivered, when I got my Truck the dealer got all 4 they ordered in 2 days, then not another one until 2011MY, where another dealer they would have one show up at a time, then another one 2-3 months later. My friend was telling me one dealer just got 4 of the Explorer Platinums, where he works has 6 on order and have gotten none of them, early December is what Ford is telling them now for delivery at his dealership.

I guess I'll order my RS from Hometown Ford in Winkler MB and I wouldn't have any problems right? ;)