Moving on to Ford Contract

MAPguy

So after the 1-2 weeks it will take to ratify the GM contract (if it is in fact ratified) and the upcoming holidays, I wonder if our contract will be settled, voted on and ratified by years end? I would think that Ford would want this settled before years end, but will the IUAW be willing to work through holidays and scheduled days off?

This contract will not be settled by Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving we skate right into the Christmas season, and I doubt that the IUAW or the Company negotiators will be willing to change their holiday plans, so only time will tell if our contact will be ratified by the end 0f 2015. If it is better for Ford to pay bonuses before the end of the year, they may get it done, but only if Ford pushes for it to happen. Without a push from Ford to wrap this up in 2105, I think we will be voting after the new year.

Edited by MAPguy

GM is voting that shit down. They should be put to the back of the bus and shift to us.

If they want to go back to the table, they should have to wait instead of fucking this up for all of us.

No let them settle their contract first, so what if they vote it down the first time. If their contract proposal doesn't pass the first time that only benefits us. Being that FMC has been more profitable then GM should get a better contract then them. And I don't mean just a bigger signing bonus, bigger raises for tier 1's and a shorter in progression time for tier 2's.

No let them settle their contract first, so what if they vote it down the first time. If their contract proposal doesn't pass the first time that only benefits us. Being that FMC has been more profitable then GM should get a better contract then them. And I don't mean just a bigger signing bonus, bigger raises for tier 1's and a shorter in progression time for tier 2's.

Wall street doesn't see it that way. According to investors GM is a better company. Ford will not want to be seen as increasing labor cost. We won't get a penny more than GM.

Wall street doesn't see it that way. According to investors GM is a better company. Ford will not want to be seen as increasing labor cost. We won't get a penny more than GM.

FCA didn't want to increase it's labor costs either but thankfully their members stuck together and voted down their first contract proposal. Sounding like GM workers are going to do the same. And you say we won't get a penny more then GM, be smart and vote NO on our first contract proposal, don't be fooled by the signing bonus. If our contract doesn't pass the first time around there's always a possibility that they will offer us something better on the 2nd proposal, we won't know that unless we vote down the first one though...

I'm a worker and investor so don't screw the investors!

Investors are what helps the company with there cash flow!

Those dividends they pay are nice, so becareful about screwing the investors

You aren't the type of person I'm talking about though.

I'm talking about the rich fatheads who don't give a shit about the people that bust their ass and allows those big dividends.

Our deal is already done, just a formality now.

Will be a bit bigger than GM's I assume.

Question for you all.

I heard a legacy employee tell a tier 2 today that in 2011 the signing bonus also counted as a chunk of the profit sharing, any truth to this?

Question for you all.

I heard a legacy employee tell a tier 2 today that in 2011 the signing bonus also counted as a chunk of the profit sharing, any truth to this?

Wtf are you talking about its only a formality now?? If u mean that the IUAW and FMC already have the deal worked out that doesn't mean shit if it doesn't pass..

Wtf are you talking about its only a formality now?? If u mean that the IUAW and FMC already have the deal worked out that doesn't mean shit if it doesn't pass..

I know that, I worded that poorly.

Our deal is done, all that needs to happen is GM to finish and our vote. If GM turns it down then our deal might be reshaped but I believe most terms are already ironed out.

Edited by caustic
  • Like 1

Question for you all.

Completely true.I could not believe the insult to the membership to offer us a bonus that was our money.If they do it again I am voting no

• Like 1

Question for you all.

Yes caustic they did combine the signing bonus and a part of a years profit sharing. One contract in the recent past. It was sold as a benefit to the membership "because" it secured the first part of the profit sharing from any 4th quarter loss the company may have had. Again just a have truth, the company was on track and had projected no loss in the 4th quarter. But the membership paid the highest legal level of taxes on both parts.

It was a complete insult to the membership as cecilmeyer said. Without batting an eye Jimmy smiled and said they had secured a bigger bonus for the membership.

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1