2017 Fusion Titanium

pstroke1

I've got another 15 or so lease payments on my 2014 SE which I'd consider trading in on a 2017.

I have a few disappointments with the 2017 models.

My favorite interior and exterior colors are both gone. Terracotta with bronze fire. Only other non black option is a very light gray that looks like it might be tough to keep clean.

I want the power of the 2.0 engine which is even more essential to avoid stop/start system which now comes with ALL 1.5 EB engines.

Car needs a taller top gear to reduce Rpms and improve mileage. I'll bet this comes for 2018 model year.

We don't have small kids but we've never had a problem keeping the light stone or ceramic interiors clean. Obviously mud or food would be a bigger issue, but it hides dust and dirt better than black or darker colors.

You might also consider a base MKZ - might have more color options and with a good lease deal might only be a few dollars more.

• 2 weeks later...

Stephen - it's on the bottom middle of the window sticker where the method of transport and Item #: fields are. Below ITEM# is a bunch of numbers the last set of three on the right is (supposedly) the build date. Yeah, I saw the TPMS and I'm enjoying it on the Explorer, very happy it was added.

Fuzzymoomoo - Thanks for the heads up. It's just nice to see some progress. We can't wait to get her. You guys and gals are building some fantastic vehicles. I say this as a life time, bleeds Ford Blue, fan. I'm lovin' the Explorer! (had a '00 & '13 before this one). Keep up the great work! :victory:

• Like 1

Thanks, mine says 05 09 16, which I assume means yesterday. However I thought that date corresponded to when the window sticker was generated. OTOH my salesman emailed me today to say my car is ahead of schedule, so it's possible it's in the build stage a week early. (he'd said originally it was to go into production next week). Anyway, I'm still trying to sell my current ride so no rush here. But definitely looking forward to the new Fusion!

Typically the build date is 7 days after the date on the bottom of the window sticker that is described in the preceding post. The only time I have seen it not be 7 days is when a holiday gets in the way.

Plant breakdowns and parts shortages that cause downtime can effect it too.

Effect it or affect it? Or both? ;)

BTW are there any threads on negotiating the price of an order once it arrives? I searched but couldn't find any useful ones. Only ones I can find are related to pin requests for X-Plans, etc. Maybe I'm not using the right search terms.

Effect it or affect it? Or both? ;)

BTW are there any threads on negotiating the price of an order once it arrives? I searched but couldn't find any useful ones. Only ones I can find are related to pin requests for X-Plans, etc. Maybe I'm not using the right search terms.

Oh whatever, you know what I mean! ;)

There aren't really any threads on negotiating, since every dealer does it differently.

Yeah, just joking with you. I'm hoping to negotiate about 10% off the sticker price. We'll see.

Look up the dealer invoice price on edmunds.com, add $500 to cover the advertising fee and you're really close to dealer invoice. You should be able to negotiate between dealer invoice and $500 over plus a small doc fee. Not including any rebates.

Look up the dealer invoice price on edmunds.com, add $500 to cover the advertising fee and you're really close to dealer invoice. You should be able to negotiate between dealer invoice and $500 over plus a small doc fee. Not including any rebates.

OK, based on that I think I'm already getting a great deal. Thank you.

Thanks, mine says 05 09 16, which I assume means yesterday. However I thought that date corresponded to when the window sticker was generated. OTOH my salesman emailed me today to say my car is ahead of schedule, so it's possible it's in the build stage a week early. (he'd said originally it was to go into production next week). Anyway, I'm still trying to sell my current ride so no rush here. But definitely looking forward to the new Fusion!

The series of numbers that indicate the build date are at the bottom of the sticker and looks like this: 120160509116. The date is 12016/05/09116, or May 9, 2016

Transitman, I don't see a grouping of numbers on the bottom of the sticker that look like that. What I do see is:

XXXXX X XX XX XXX XXXXXX 05 09 16 SPECIAL ORDER

this is in the field below the ITEM #.

It was built, or being built at Hermosillo.

Ditto for me, below the ITEM# line it says

XXXXX X XX XX XXX XXXXXX 05 09 16 (I can provide the text for the "X"-d out information, if necessary). The date 05/10/2016 is shown at the very bottom-I believe that refers to the date the window sticker first became available. Mine is also a special order, as helicopter's.