Ford and Lincoln May Steal NYIAS

I really think that demand for the Conti killed the NA/CD4/FRAP Taurus.

There might be an element of truth to that. I've been telling people for months that they're underestimating the demand for that car.

It doesn't help that the new CD4 Taurus thats sold in China is goofy looking.

Meh to each their own. I didn't think it was that bad. I felt it could be better but oh well, more attention to Continental.

And profit!

Given how the market is with full size cars and Police Depts voting with their pocket books with the Explore/PIU over the Taurus/PI, it doesn't make much sense to spend the money on the Taurus for NA. Its a shame for the nameplate, but the marketplace is moving on from full size cars like they did with personal luxury coupes.

IMO the Chinese Taurus would just need a different front end fascia and grill to improve its looks...and IMO the Conti styling doesn't do anything for me from the photos either.

• Like 1

The Conti has great presence in person. It is a large car that does not look as large as it is. I wasn't sure about it in pictures, but really liked it when I got to really check it out at Barrett Jackson.

The MKZ was the biggest surprise to me, however. It actually looks great in person. The new grille / clip has better detailing and definitely looks more upscale.

I am really anxious to see this Gator. To me, this is a huge release for Lincoln.

And profit!

Given how the market is with full size cars and Police Depts voting with their pocket books with the Explore/PIU over the Taurus/PI, it doesn't make much sense to spend the money on the Taurus for NA. Its a shame for the nameplate, but the marketplace is moving on from full size cars like they did with personal luxury coupes.

IMO the Chinese Taurus would just need a different front end fascia and grill to improve its looks...and IMO the Conti styling doesn't do anything for me from the photos either.

I was just talking about looks and they are in the eye of the beholder. I wasn't criticizing or talking about the profitability of full size sedans at this juncture.