Ford 2006 August sales

sales figures

Overal down 12% from Aug 05 (still Empl pricing), but despite Empl pricing in 05 cars are UP 6%, trucks down 21%

sales were up 6% from July 06.

Igor

------------------------------------

ADDED BY STAFF:

Ford rebounds, takes 2nd sales place back from Toyota.

------------------------------------

Edited by staff2

Not a bad showing atall!!

Mark LT up

Mustang outsold everything but the F-150 in the Ford lineup!!!

Explorer not doing too bad now

Yep, Fusion finally making the 15,000 mark.

Terrible showing for 500/Montego/Freestyle

Ford Freestar/Mont a terrible showing, just aswell they have been axed!!

Ford E-seris increases again!!

F-Series, down but not that bad!! Still sold 70,000 units!!

Fords PAG brands look pretty poor!!!

anyone know where we can get ytd sales for everyone? toyoda, hunda?

most publish them on their websites ... Toyota is spotty - some months they just publsh a report and no table .. othertimes they have the full table ..

I never looked up the honda tables, but if you google it on tuesday/wednesday next week, you should be bale to find it.

Igor

doom and gloom all over the internet.. ford down 12, they are dieing lol... not one mention of the gain over last month and the overall gain of the car sales, they keep going up each month.. can only expect it to get better with the edge helping trucks later this year, and next year new 500 and foci.

Wow, you mean truck buyers are now buying cars? I wonder, what kind of vehicle has Ford designed it's business model on, and have much higher profits on? hmmmmm.

Looks to me like Five Hundred buyers are going for the Fusion, and the Taurus is losing buyers as well.

So, the future of Ford has boiled down to a Japanese car that is being built in Mexico. What a great time in the history of Ford Motor Company!

Wow, you mean truck buyers are now buying cars? I wonder, what kind of vehicle has Ford designed it's business model on, and have much higher profits on? hmmmmm.

Looks to me like Five Hundred buyers are going for the Fusion, and the Taurus is losing buyers as well.

So, the future of Ford has boiled down to a Japanese car that is being built in Mexico. What a great time in the history of Ford Motor Company!

lol, Five Hundred will pick up sales on its refresh.. Edge is coming.. wow, poor fusion, its fords best car other than mustang and people egg on it because its made in mexico, it uses the mazda chassis, but its not a japanese car, i has quite a few modifications made to it by ford itself...

why dont i see people bitching about the ford vehicles made in canada? kinda being hyprocritcal imho.

gawd i cant spell.. lol.

The bad:

The 500/Montego/Freestyle should improve with a competitive engine and new styling, right now there terrible sales are to be expected as they go along with terrible styling and uncompetitive power train.

The freestar and Montery shouldn't even be selling 1 vehicle a mont, they are without a doubt the worst vehicles in their segment, Ford needs to put out a great mini-van but instead of being competitive they will quit the segment.

E-series, Lets all be honest, they have virtually no competition. One thing is for sure is that if new competition entered the segment Ford could kiss a lot of those sales away because it is another example of ford selling decade old products.......The Econolines need a total redesign from the floor up to make them as good as possible, family business rely on them.......Ford won't invest in a segment that they can get away with putting out dated products.

The Good news here is the Fusion, hopefully it can continue to rise past the 20k mark.

lol, Five Hundred will pick up sales on its refresh.. Edge is coming.. wow, poor fusion, its fords best car other than mustang and people egg on it because its made in mexico, it uses the mazda chassis, but its not a japanese car, i has quite a few modifications made to it by ford itself...

why dont i see people bitching about the ford vehicles made in canada? kinda being hyprocritcal imho.

gawd i cant spell.. lol.

I agree, most people don't care where a car is made, Americans don't care so why should ford care...it'll only hurt ford.

I wonder if anyone in the news will point out that ford is #2 again this month, it outsold toyota by 15k vehicles... doubt we will hear that.

Oh please.................They should be number 2, it shouldn't news. Ford should have never gotten to a point where toyota passed them. I bet we should be praising the million vehicle decline in 4 short years also.

Oh please.................They should be number 2, it shouldn't news. Ford should have never gotten to a point where toyota passed them. I bet we should be praising the million vehicle decline in 4 short years also.

Actually, being no. 2 hasn't been so great for Ford anyhow.

At anyrate I think that person was trying to convey disgust with the media for touting Yota's sales last month, as if Ford was down and out (from a sales perspective).

Shoulda, coulda, woulda but volume does not necessarily = success.

Just scanned the results thus far...the Toyota juggernaught rolls on, while Honda's down...

but FOrd added more sales since last month, than Toyota - and surpassed it back to #2 .... interesteing isn't it ..

Ford can be dow 12% and still gain more sales than Toyota that is up 12% wuth roughly the same sale volumes ...

Igor

anyone know where we can get ytd sales for everyone? toyoda, hunda?

http://www.theautochannel.com

E-series, Lets all be honest, they have virtually no competition. One thing is for sure is that if new competition entered the segment Ford could kiss a lot of those sales away because it is another example of ford selling decade old products.

HAH. Do you know why DCX dropped plans to build a sprinter plant here? They did their homework and found that the bulk of the E-Series business was going to stay with the E-Series. Most E-Series sales are chassis units, or open/closed cab units, sold to upfitters and body builders (RVs, panel trucks, delivery trucks, ambulances, etc.) Ford takes care of their core customers in this segment, and that's why they're still at the top of the heap. It's no coincidence that Ford drove DCX out of the traditional van market, and it's no coincidence that Ford's E-Series has outsold the GM and DCX competiton combined since before disco died.

You want to talk about an area where Ford let its customers down? Talk about the Taurus and the Ranger. Don't bring up the E-Series. Ford works very closely with its customers there, and they're sticking with Ford.

Edited by RichardJensen

People and companies that buy full sized van do not care at all about 'new styling'. Also, there is no need for a 'complete re-do' to please those onlookers who sit and judge, but do not buy.

The van is getting a deisel motor, so how is that for the 'must be new, new, new' crowd??

"Ford should kill the 500"

Talk about 'cut and run'! It only fuckin 2 years old! Spend tons of $$ and drop a whole car line, since it "not a Taurus"?

BTW: Taurus was outsold by Fusion, Mustang, and Focus. Time to get the morphine injection ready!!

And lastly, for a company that is supposedly 'going out of business', they sure are selling!!! If the Fusion trio bombed, then yeah, get the lifeboats. But also, the presumed 'dead' Focus is doing well, and the Mustang proves that 'retro is NOT dead'.

Edited by 630land