RUMORS

Lwoodbluz

What rumors are going around your plant?

KTP One day we are getting a new vehicle the next day they are cutting a shift sometime next year, Can't get the Union to say yes or no about any of that. 900 signed up for the August Buyout, 9 weeks total layoff weeks for each shift from August-December. Order bank 20,000 for rest of year, but looks good for the 08 in Jan. Who knows what's true and what's not. Anybody have anything to add. What's going around at the other plants.

What rumors are going around your plant?

KTP One day we are getting a new vehicle the next day they are cutting a shift sometime next year, Can't get the Union to say yes or no about any of that. 900 signed up for the August Buyout, 9 weeks total layoff weeks for each shift from August-December. Order bank 20,000 for rest of year, but looks good for the 08 in Jan. Who knows what's true and what's not. Anybody have anything to add. What's going around at the other plants.

rumor at MTP...we are going down to one shift in March, then losing both of our vehicles sometime in the future and becoming a warehouse for Wayne Assembly

LAP- Heard that Bill and Mark will be coming to LAP Sept. 18th to announce that LAP will not close but build a Fairline (sp??) and a Crown Vic.

Don't know about that one cause we've been told up here at OAC that we have the fairlane already and they've started retooling a part of the plant for it.

At CCP the rumor is a 5.00/hr. pay cut and 100,000 signing bonus at contract time. Supposedly the new contract is already being negotiated. I know we ratified a new operating agreement in hopes of securing new work. Which we have yet to be awarded. But, we have given up alot. And as things come up, the union tells us " oh that changed under the new agreement". So, nothing will surprise me when it happens. The union has nothing to bargain with anymore. Also, rumor is CCP is done in 2012. :titanic:

Edited by 67STANG

rumor at MTP...we are going down to one shift in March, then losing both of our vehicles sometime in the future and becoming a warehouse for Wayne Assembly

Wow, I work at MTP, and I haven't heard that one..but then again, I actually do WORK there, and don't have time to walk around and pick up the latest bullshit rumors.

Rumors @ TCAP is that there are more rumors comming in the next 90 days or so, after that ... there will more rumors to come. Rumors also has it, is that a big huge rumor are also comming in September 11th, which will explained and make more sense to all the little rumors have been going around lately.

The math doesn't add up. Over a four year contract, working straight forty hours per week, that would equate to paying $100K to save $40K. If you're going to make up a rumor, make one where it seems feasible. :P

I'm just repeating a rumor :blah: :blah: :blah: . It's not one that I believe :shrug: The one I believe is that there are going to be a hell of alot more plant closing than we can believe possible. That announcement will come later in Sept.. And CCP is on that list :titanic:

The math doesn't add up. Over a four year contract, working straight forty hours per week, that would equate to paying $100K to save $40K. If you're going to make up a rumor, make one where it seems feasible. :P

but it does add up over 20 years of employment.

but again, these are rumors and there are some real dipshits making crap up.

There seems to be alot of similarities with regard to the plant meetings taking place. They explain the state of the plant, with GQRS, TGW's, etc,,,then they go on to say that Mark Fields and the crew will be coming to plant sometime in sept...."not to give false hope, but we need to show that we are the crown jewel of the company, and we are not done until the fat lady sings"...toying with peoples emotions, it is cruel. Its just not right.

Our plant manager went on to say that Wixom, Atlanta and Norfolk are 3 of the best plants, and yet they are closing. He used that idea to insinuate that we might not close.(at least that was the perception of those clinging to the hope of staying at wixom until they retire)

OK rumors in terms of what some or maybe just I may see coming down the line.

The buyouts, if they are large enough, bleed off the young folks terrified they will hit the streets due to restructuring and be SOL when Gen is killed in 07.

The buyouts then bleed off some of the "I was gonna retire anyway thanks for the $ Jr"

Still more of the buyout take down the "I am too smart for this place/despise it here/want to be a cosmetologist...whatevers who qualify for the education buyout"

Some of the buyouts knock off the slugs of the "I aint leaving here til I die crowd", because they think they may have to REALLY be part of the team and work and not have their lazy asses carried soon.

Then comes the contract. Can you say BOHICA ? The UAW sells us and organised labor down the river with one big lick of the corporate nutsack. Tiered wages....they exist wake up and ask the folks at Deere. The terrified folks left will vote them in 95% to 5% not seeing their own ass reaming coming down the road. Health benefits. Bigger copays as well as pay per month fun. Retirees...pffft they will get the shaft too...after all they are only responsible for everything we have currently.

Raises LOL PAH-LEEEZ. We will get a few shining sheckles in the form of some signing bonus, but that is it, and COLA will be siphoned off to more union bullshit and hairsplitting double talk programs...oh I know it will be used to supplement the "Come to Work" program. You know the one where we are going to have to entice the sluigs that do not come to work with some dumb-ass blanket or mug once a year to celebrate the fact they actually made it in.

The only raise we may hear about during next contract is one for the Union elite. The last excuse I heard about them giving themselves a raise when they took ours away was about how they trimmed some fat and have more responsibilities.......DUH NO FU*&^%# SHIT. You mean like every friggin worker in every plant ? We ALL have more responsibilities and come this next round of work rule changes that will be even more significant.

Note to Union Elite...Give yourselves a 6% pay CUT and take away the great double dip retirement fund so our local folks will not worry about pissing the regional folks off when they disagree with them. Can't be tipping the apple cart and rocking the boat when we might score a fat-ass double pension with our back breaking 5 yrs driving around from local to local having our asses kicked and dancing around pertinent questions......

Was this a rumor thread??? Sorry all, had lots of family over this weekend and the BOF was the easiest venting implement in sight.