2018 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

Can anyone tell me whether COTUS shows all the features for an order, or only a select few at the bottom? Now that I have a VIN I noticed that the second row bucket seats, which are the only feature we absolutely need, were not mentioned anywhere. I called my dealer and he said it says heated second row seats, which Im pretty sure is not the same thing. This is the first time Ive ordered a vehicle so Im just worried it wasnt ordered correctly. Thanks for helping out a newbie.

VIN: 1FMJK2AT9JEA21724

Can anyone tell me whether COTUS shows all the features for an order, or only a select few at the bottom? Now that I have a VIN I noticed that the second row bucket seats, which are the only feature we absolutely need, were not mentioned anywhere. I called my dealer and he said it says heated second row seats, which Im pretty sure is not the same thing. This is the first time Ive ordered a vehicle so Im just worried it wasnt ordered correctly. Thanks for helping out a newbie.

Some other folks here can provide more detail, but eventually your window sticker will appear here and you can confirm: http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?VIN=1FMJK2AT9JEA21724

Good luck!

Heated 2nd row seats are standard on limited and platinum while the 2nd row buckets are option 21C. The dealer can tell you exactly whether option 21C is included or not. It’s probably ok that it says 2nd row heated seats because they’re standard. The question is whether you also got option 21C.

Dug through the order and I think the bucket seats were ordered. Best way to know is to probably look at the DORA.

post-14602-0-84936000-1516492360_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pioneer

Thanks for the replies. If i cant get my deadbeat dealer to actually look at the order before the window sticker comes is there time to get it added to the order at that point? I also noticed that 4x4 wasnt listed on the model information portion.

It's defiantly a 4x4. If you look at the thumbnail I posted, I believe the second row is correct too.

FYI... There's a national commodity issue in place for 2018 Expedition scheduling this week. Scheduling available ONLY for XLT's w/#200A or #201A. NO Limited's, NO Platinum's and NO exceptions for retail orders! Ford representatives were making calls yesterday asking/begging Dealers to order XLT's. Only problem is that with an XLT w/201A get's leather and available with the Panoramic Roof but you can't get the Navigation System! Just another example of what a mess Ford's manufacturing division is. They introduce an all-new vehicle which usually has a very high mix of luxury trim orders and they can't build them.

• Like 1

FYI... There's a national commodity issue in place for 2018 Expedition scheduling this week. Scheduling available ONLY for XLT's w/#200A or #201A. NO Limited's, NO Platinum's and NO exceptions for retail orders! Ford representatives were making calls yesterday asking/begging Dealers to order XLT's. Only problem is that with an XLT w/201A get's leather and available with the Panoramic Roof but you can't get the Navigation System! Just another example of what a mess Ford's manufacturing division is. They introduce an all-new vehicle which usually has a very high mix of luxury trim orders and they can't build them.

Personal opinion, I dont think thats so much a manufacturing issue as it is a byproduct of their ridiculous packaging. Thats where they really need a serious overhaul.
  • Like 1

Agree on packaging. Why wouldnt you allow a second row bench on a black label Navigator?

Also, their nav systems stink. They probably make a lot of money on them and thus they make them mandatory on high trim levels. I have the newest system in my 18 Navigator and, as an example of poor design, it takes three clicks to bring up a turn list and three clicks to turn it off.

Oh, you want traffic data? Well, we cant show that to you on the map. We will just show it to you as text for you to read while you drive. And you have to ask for it - we wont show it automatically. And it will be inaccurate.

I use Waze. Just wish I could get Waze to work with CarPlay.

Personal opinion, I dont think thats so much a manufacturing issue as it is a byproduct of their ridiculous packaging. Thats where they really need a serious overhaul.

I don’t think he meant the factory that builds them - he meant marketing that decides which options to offer in which combinations and supply chain keeping up with the parts required.

• Like 2

I dont think he meant the factory that builds them - he meant marketing that decides which options to offer in which combinations and supply chain keeping up with the parts required.

Its Ford putting together a ridiculous package that clearly nobody wants and forcing dealers to take them anyway, with them probably sitting and rotting on dealer lots for a while or forcing a customer to settle for something they dont want. Thats a good way to piss off your dealers and potential customers and it needed to be fixed 6 years ago at least.
  • Like 1

I’ve been very vocal about my disdain for Ford’s option packaging. I was forced to go without adaptive cruise on an otherwise fully loaded MKX Reserve unless we wanted to wait 8 weeks to special order. Ridiculous.

That's my biggest gripe with the Continental. I'd really want the Ultima Audio, but not willing to spend almost $4K to buy the luxury package

Edited by MKX1960
  • Like 1

That's my biggest gripe with the Continental. I'd really want the Ultima Audio, but not willing to spend almost $4K to buy the luxury package

You can get the less expensive stand alone Revel 12 speaker version. It's quite good and you don't have to get the luxury package.

• Like 1

Yes, the packaging issue is a problem as we've all discussed here for years. Plus the manufacturing division not even being able to accurately forecast how many vehicles they can schedule or produce for a week and their inability to either produce enough parts (option commodities) or secure them from suppliers/vendors in sufficient quantity to support production.

• Like 1

You can get the less expensive stand alone Revel 12 speaker version. It's quite good and you don't have to get the luxury package.

That's probably what I would do. I still have the Continental on my list, as well as the Expedition and F-150. The F-150 was going to be the most likely choice until I started hearing about the ambient lighting no longer available. I like that feature enough that I may decide not to buy one.

That's probably what I would do. I still have the Continental on my list, as well as the Expedition and F-150. The F-150 was going to be the most likely choice until I started hearing about the ambient lighting no longer available. I like that feature enough that I may decide not to buy one.

Ambient lighting is still available, its just not in the doors anymore, and only in 1 color.
  • Like 1

Ambient lighting is still available, its just not in the doors anymore, and only in 1 color.

Taking it out of the doors really sounds strange, since I've seen so many videos pointing out the fact it turns red in the doors as a safety feature regardless what color it's set to when the door is open.

Taking it out of the doors really sounds strange, since I've seen so many videos pointing out the fact it turns red in the doors as a safety feature regardless what color it's set to when the door is open.

Its gone from the doors in the Focus, and reduced in the C-Max to just the map pocket, not in the handle anymore.