Fields Included on President's Manufacturing Council

Except Mark Fields for sure has publicly stated how wrong the orange one is.

Yes and I for one question why they had to make a public statement. Actually I'm not surprised Fields would do that-but I thought Bill Ford would think twice about it. There is no doubt he has established a line of communication with the Donald. Why not pick up the phone and say.".Donald-what the fuck are you doing-use your head-get your staff involved before you react to every little thing etc etc.". I thought Ford was learning how to deal with this guys ego.

Note GM didn't say a word. While many think the statement was a good thing, I would bet more were turned off by it-at least IMO

Yes and I for one question why they had to make a public statement. Actually I'm not surprised Fields would do that-but I thought Bill Ford would think twice about it. There is no doubt he has established a line of communication with the Donald. Why not pick up the phone and say.".Donald-what the fuck are you doing-use your head-get your staff involved before you react to every little thing etc etc.". I thought Ford was learning how to deal with this guys ego.

Note GM didn't say a word. While many think the statement was a good thing, I would bet more were turned off by it-at least IMO

GM didn't say a word while Mary Barra quietly joined the Trump administration.

GM didn't say a word while Mary Barra quietly joined the Trump administration.

Correct-not sure what you meant by "joining the Trump admin" but for sure at the last meeting she was very prominent sitting next to him at the table. Again my point is GM-and FCA I believe for that matter- are keeping the conversation about the economics of building cars as it effects their respective companies.