None

ice-capades

Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

I wonder if the dealer either typed the VIN wrong or looked at the wrong order or something. There's no other excuse for that. 

I actually think they are just useless! They act as if they did me a favour by ordering the car I want. 

I know how you feel,  took 3 dealers for even one to even look at my order.  then dealer took my order and it have been like pulling teeth trying to get info from them.

Thank god for this forum and it's members  as i would still not know anything about the progress of my build.

First off I appreciate all the info here.  I love reading all the posts with so many different situations and the great info provided.  And I always end up here when waiting/obsessing for an ordered truck to come in.  Last one took 30 days from order to delivery.  But I do live near the KCAP.  The current order is definitely going to raise the average wait.

I ordered a F250 on 11/16/20.  I got a VIN on 11/19/20 and was told the same day it is scheduled for production the week of 1/25/21.  My salesman told me today that the production week has moved to 2/8/21.  I have read the first post in this thread numerous times, but I am unclear on something.  Since I got a VIN and production week scheduled does that mean my order was bumped due to Ford commodity issues etc or does my priority code (which is 19) and dealer allocation factor into this?  I thought since my order was picked up and given a VIN I should have my place in line at the dealer level correct? I am starting to get a little nervous as I have a cash offer that expires 3/31/21.  Thanks!

Edited by pig9r

23 minutes ago, pig9r said:

First off I appreciate all the info here.  I love reading all the posts with so many different situations and the great info provided.  And I always end up here when waiting/obsessing for an ordered truck to come in.  Last one took 30 days from order to delivery.  But I do live near the KCAP.  The current order is definitely going to raise the average wait.

I ordered a F250 on 11/16/20.  I got a VIN on 11/19/20 and was told the same day it is scheduled for production the week of 1/25/21.  My salesman told me today that the production week has moved to 2/8/21.  I have read the first post in this thread numerous times, but I am unclear on something.  Since I got a VIN and production week scheduled does that mean my order was bumped due to Ford commodity issues etc or does my priority code (which is 19) and dealer allocation factor into this?  I thought since my order was picked up and given a VIN I should have my place in line at the dealer level correct? I am starting to get a little nervous as I have a cash offer that expires 3/31/21.  Thanks!

First, 19 is the worst priority possible for a special order.  10 is the best although it doesn’t matter as long as your dealer gave all the other special orders the same priority. 

As I understand it, once your vehicle is scheduled that means it’s been allocated.  If it got moved either the factory is running behind or there was a commodity issue.

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

First, 19 is the worst priority possible for a special order.  10 is the best although it doesn’t matter as long as your dealer gave all the other special orders the same priority. 

As I understand it, once your vehicle is scheduled that means it’s been allocated.  If it got moved either the factory is running behind or there was a commodity issue.

I wasn’t too worried about the priority code since I got a VIN and date so close to placing my order - especially after reading posts where folks go months with nothing.  But this delay had me second guessing that.  Thanks for the reply.

Hi. I live in Canada. I ordered 2021 Ford Explorer last December 11, 2020. I have priority code 10. I have my VIN now. I don’t know how to track vehicle ordered outside the US. I think most of you here are all in the US. I just want to know when will be the build date, ETA etc. My dealership kinda useless. Lol! Thanks in advance. 

22 minutes ago, Emmrbee said:

Try this site, works in Canada. Limited information only

https://fordtracker.tech/

Thanks. I got a little info but its ok. I need to wait a little more time. 

1 hour ago, Jhopet said:

Hi. I live in Canada. I ordered 2021 Ford Explorer last December 11, 2020. I have priority code 10. I have my VIN now. I don’t know how to track vehicle ordered outside the US. I think most of you here are all in the US. I just want to know when will be the build date, ETA etc. My dealership kinda useless. Lol! Thanks in advance. 

I’m in Calgary, I use this https://www.alumizilla.com/vot.php