Spied: 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 in Production Clothes

So its confirmed that the 10 speed auto is coming to the US Ranger? Cool. But yeah, you are on to something, powertrains for US spec Ranger may differ from ROW Ranger.

No doubt one of the options will have it, since your engines will be sourced from either F150 or Mustang,

the only exception is the 3.3 V6.....I'm betting F150 because the auto has a 4x4 transfer case...

Global gasoline is too expensive, that's why Ranger is sold almost exclusively with I-4 and I-5 diesels

Americans want gasoline engines, so that will kick up some interesting possibilities.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

That's not a fair size comparison. The 150 has a lift and aftermarket wheels. The Ranger doesn't look stock either.

what's not fair?

It's a size comparison between a supersnake and a Ranger The Supersnake has a lift kit but the

Ranger is as delivered stock highrider 4x4 as opposed to the 2WD pick ups with lower ride height.

Edited by jpd80

what's not fair?

It's a size comparison between a supersnake and a Ranger The Supersnake has a lift kit but the

Ranger is as delivered stock highrider 4x4 as opposed to the 2WD pick ups with lower ride height.

Because neither represent 99% of the regular production vehicles on the road. Tough to get a real life perception of what a normal vs normal comparison using those examples.

Because neither represent 99% of the regular production vehicles on the road. Tough to get a real life perception of what a normal vs normal comparison using those examples.

That Ranger high rider dual cab 4x4 is the most common form sold in ROW markets.

Just about every mule shot you see has that same ride height.

Dual cab to dual cab, width to width, there is a good feel for size, ...OK the F150 has a lift kit

but most can see past that and see the body profile difference in the end to end shot.

It's not a big stretch to imagine what a standard height F150 would look like up against the Ranger.

d9da32c4174ba240d300384e14e51bac.jpg

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

I was told a couple of years ago by someone on the inside that the I5 is not long for this world.

Being replaced next year. The 2.2 Puma will or has been replaced by the new 2.0 Ecoblue

and the 3.0 V6 Powerstroke is the heir apparent for Global Ranger top diesel engine

Edited by jpd80

I have been driving a `15 Grand Cherokee Overland for a few years now. I was looking at an Explorer but ended up with that for the wife and got me something I could do a little off-roading in. I have watched vids of the T6 Ranger playing in mud and water, and it looks like a great JGC replacement.

I really like the looks and size of the Ranger in these pics. I know it is modded a little but it still looks mostly stock. I have a friend with a `16 Colorado LTZ Z71 that is pretty sharp, but the interior looks like $20K in a truck that stickered for $41K (diesel was a big chunk of that). If Ford will give me 2.7EB, 10 SP, and an interior worthy of a $40K vehicle, the Ranger is my next vehicle (unless the Bronco is has been leaked and is amazing).

• Like 1